Price Of Used Sleds, Are People Nuts???????

Diceman

Is it just me or are people asking some outrageous prices for used sleds, especially Yamahas.....guys are asking $4000 for 11 year old Vipers with 13, 000 plus k's without reverse or e start.......I know its just the asking price but many I have gone and looked at have been unwilling to drop much.....as a collective group if we continue to ask the outrageous prices for used sleds we will be losing many more riders.....seems some of the other brands are a little more reasonable but not much...interested in some other opinions...Cheers Diceman

Used snowmobiles have gone up in value. New ones are worth 14k on average now. I say those vipers are worth 3500, unless it is an 02. Those had a few recalls for the oil lines and fuel pump and the shocks were super stiff. I know people are paying 2k for 1996 Indy lites.

I absoulutely agree with you evan some of the gently used sleds are way overpriced a 2011 skidoo with 2500km on it is still going for 10000 when you can buy one for 12000

A tough and drawn out economic question. However whatever the market will except is today's reality. I wish I had many sled to sell. My local Doo dealer purchased 30-40 used units; all different brands and is asking top dollar. I am guessing he will sell out. It appears to be a sellers market as new sled prices increase to the $17K price range.

gotta remember, it is just an asking price. those that are priced too high, sit for a long time until the right person comes along, or the seller drops the price to what the market will bear.

fair priced items sell quick, overpriced items dont sell at all. ski

supply and demand,low sales of new sleds the last few years has created a demand for used,,,kind of a false market but it is what it is,,,,

Interesting real estate and other values vary and sleds are gaining. I believe it is an indication that the new sleds are overpriced and dragging the used ones up with them.

I agree WB. ATVs too. Look at the prices of the new Can Am's! These prices are driving up used machines big time! One could buy a new machine, and sell it the following year, buy new again and have it only cost you a couple K's for a new sled each year.

Used sleds are up in cost! My dealer has raised new left overs about $1,500 on average because of the issues getting new sleds. Arctic Cat has cancelled 20% of all the 4-strokes ordered by dealers due to engine shortages.

If you want to play, you have to pay. Maybe now is time to sell my viper for 5k and wait until march to buy a new one. Hmmmmm

It is also because there are very few new non-current sleds around too.

Arctic Cat has cancelled 20% of all the 4-strokes ordered by dealers due to engine shortages.

can you post the arcticle where you got that from???

Not an article, a dealer.

I snow checked mine. If not, I would not be getting one now.

If Arctic Cat is still using Suzuki engines, the Japan Tsunami will have seriously effected their production. They will be way behind on motorcycle production, and snowmobile engines will take a back seat to that. I would expect Yamaha will be affected as well. Honda & Toyota only got back to full production this month.

have guys bought a house lately vs 8-10yrs ago???

I dont know. I found a lot of good deals out there.

They are out there if you are quick and look

Buddy picked up a 40th Anniversary Apex for $6500 only 1200kms

Hell my sled at dealers is going for $2400-2600

I cant believe the price of new sleds!That probably what is doing it, like others have said.I love sledding but $15k for a new sled is crazy!The season is way to short for that.guess my old zr9 will have to last...

I get wayyyyy more use out of my motorcycle for wayyy less money. :icon_blah:

lmao I went to an open house at a used sled dealer looking for parts for my Indy

2002 Edge X 800 over $6000

this fellow had 50 sleds that were double what they should be

I felt raped after getting 2 used idler wheels and a helix for $100, still don't know why I bought them but wanted to work on my sled

6k for an 02 Edge, WOW!!!!!!!

Wow that is crazy. I only paid 7300 for a brand new 2007 iq 600 back in 08. I think you did ok on those parts especially if they came with good bearings. Dealers are making a killing on parts too. I priced out parts for my pro action skid and ended up buying a zx2 skid. Was only a few hundred more then completely rebuilding no action.

6k for an 02 Edge, WOW!!!!!!!

I should have taking pictures, it was like every sled was being sold as if they were 2-3yr old

How about $3500 for a 97 Indy 500 :lol:

Geeze maybe I will reconsider selling my Polaris then, might get more than I originally thought....

Archived