Price Of Used Sleds, Are People Nuts???????

Diceman

I guess my 05 MXZ @$5500 is a deal then :)

I guess my 05 MXZ @$5500 is a deal then :)

It just might be, Dom...I apparently sold my 'Gade too soon... :poke2::-P

Never expect to get more for poo?? Monkey learned that lesson a few years ago.

I paid $6200 for a 06 Apex gt with 6500 km in the 08 season private sale and just bought another one for my GF for $5600 from a dealer but it was on consignment and it has extras(bags etc).If I take away the extras used replacement cost I figured the sled was about $5000 for a 06 Apex Gt with 6500 km in very good condition.So in 4 seasons the same sled has deprecated $1200.I don't think that I could get $5000 for mine with 17000 on it but I may get $4500.Anyhow it looks like they are holding there value I have to agree that used sleds are over priced.

Never expect to get more for poo?? Monkey learned that lesson a few years ago.

I wouldn't say that! I almost doubled my money on a 1998 indy 500.

You want us to believe that You got $400.00 ?? !!!!!! :-P :razz:

Settle down money bags!

It blows my mind how much people will pay for used sleds.

Bought an 07 Iqr in 08 for $4000, sold it last year for $5000.

Buyer of my 2010 is paying over $2g more then I paid for it brand new...figure that one out

Next time I have a sled to sell I'll get you to do it for me. Even paying a comission I can come out ahead. Go buy some lottery tickets while your luck is still good.

I just spent $3200 fixing my 06 apex at 12000k it was due for a track, studs ski's carbides all shocks recharged, header pipes, replaced chaincase speedo and jackshaft bearings as well as the usual oil change and spark plugs and added some HID headlights, i figured trade in was 4200-4500 from dealer or selling it i could get 5-6k in my area i would still have to come up with at least 10-11k to get another apex or a 800 e-tec hard to justify that when my current sled is as good as new

Next time I have a sled to sell I'll get you to do it for me. Even paying a comission I can come out ahead. Go buy some lottery tickets while your luck is still good.

The 07 was luck, guy was asking 6500 (a bit high) but I went to look at it since it was close. He really needed to get rid of it and didn't have a clue what it was worth. Thing had 9 hrs on it!

My 2010 was the product of a great connection with a racer that gets 5 or so of them "free" every year. Picking up 2 new 2012s on Friday from him.

It's a sweet setup to be able to upgrade every year and somehow make a profit to boot.

Archived