Rogers No Phone

Canuck

The new Belus network will be HSPA, and then LTE. It is a generation past Rogers at the moment.

Rogers 3G network is HSPA, at least according to them. That would make it the same generation, no?

And Wikipedia says that Bell and Telus are using LTE instead of WiMax for their 4G network. I guess that clears things up. Unfortunate though, WiMax looks like a better protocol. :x

Rogers is HSUPA. They also have legacy GSM to deal with. Belus will be LTE soon after launch. I'm sure Rogers will be there anyways. The advantages of the GSM based phones will be welcomed!

When's launch Dom?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new Belus network will be HSPA, and then LTE. It is a generation past Rogers at the moment.

Rogers 3G network is HSPA, at least according to them. That would make it the same generation, no?

And Wikipedia says that Bell and Telus are using LTE instead of WiMax for their 4G network. I guess that clears things up. Unfortunate though, WiMax looks like a better protocol. :x

Rogers is HSUPA. They also have legacy GSM to deal with. Belus will be LTE soon after launch. I'm sure Rogers will be there anyways. The advantages of the GSM based phones will be welcomed!

When's launch Dom?

Target is Q1 or Q2 2010.

At least this topic has stayed..........................."on topic" 8-)

Not any more :poke: :poke:

??????????????? :!::roll:

???? 8-)

??????????

FOUR (4) pages :!: What Hell hath Canuck wrought ??

I actually learned a lot from this knowledgeable group.

:idea:

We had an interesting conversation around the dinner table last night.

Son- What did you find out about the cell phones?

KP- Lots of info about the market opening up this summer to new competition and new technology coming.

Wife- Where did you find all this info?

KP- A snowmobile forum.

Son- What's a cell phone got to do with a snowmobile forum?

KP- Absolutly nothing.

Wife- So what was all the info?

KP- I don't know, we had 4 pages of what sounds like great info but I don't know what it means.

Wife- So what are we doing now?

KP- Nothing, just wait until the snowmobilers on the forum tell me to go buy a new phone.

Son- Makes sense, I think.

KP- Lots of info about the market opening up this summer to new competition and new technology coming.

KP- A snowmobile forum.

KP- Absolutly nothing.

KP- I don't know, we had 4 pages of what sounds like great info but I don't know what it means.

KP- Nothing, just wait until the snowmobilers on the forum tell me to go buy a new phone.

Hey Kingpin.. I just bought a LG Voyager... AWESOME cell phone!!! Touch screen on the front face and when you open it up, its a full keyboard.. Includes free web browsing, free GPS (same on the blackberry charge me huge $ to use)...

Its available at Bell Mobility only...

lg_voyager.jpg

verizon-lg-voyager.jpg

??????????????? :!::roll:

???? 8-)

??????????

Aww. ??????? ????!

KP- A snowmobile forum.

KP- Absolutly nothing.

Hey Kingpin.. I just bought a LG Voyager... AWESOME cell phone!!! Touch screen on the front face and when you open it up, its a full keyboard.. Includes free web browsing, free GPS (same on the blackberry charge me huge $ to use)...

Its available at Bell Mobility only...

lg_voyager.jpg

verizon-lg-voyager.jpg

sick phone !!!!!! geez don't drop that in the lake !

Thanks for the advise Bill.. The reason I got this phone is... I had my blackberry replaced (stupid ball).. And a week later I was bringing my phone downstairs along with a glass of water.. My phone slipped out of my hand and landed in my glass of water.. doh!!! :angry::angry:

The phone before that I throw onto the back bench in my boat, it bounced once and right into my minnow bucket.. doh :curse:

My phone slipped out of my hand and landed in my glass of water.. doh!!! :angry::angry:

Do you golf?

The cell phone into glass trick is better than a hole in one :lol:

My phone slipped out of my hand and landed in my glass of water.. doh!!! :angry::angry:

Do you golf?

The cell phone into glass trick is better than a hole in one :lol:

Yup, use to golf alot.. Had a 2 handicap for awhile, but then I got a job :(

That is one sick phone.

I bet that would be a pretty price if you just bought it outright. They would want me to take out a 3 year contract to get the phone at a reasonable price.

Then Bell owns my soul for another 3 years.

Hey KP. No not at all.. I think it was $250 and I had $100 credit so it cost me $150.. Well worth it.. I do alot of texting and it is perfect for that...

That is one sick phone.

I bet that would be a pretty price if you just bought it outright. They would want me to take out a 3 year contract to get the phone at a reasonable price.

Then Bell owns my soul for another 3 years.

Hey KP. No not at all.. I think it was $250 and I had $100 credit so it cost me $150.. Well worth it.. I do alot of texting and it is perfect for that...

Thats really not a bad deal at all.

Archived