Rogers No Phone

Canuck

I just fixed my problems with Bell, I went to a small telco in town. Now I can connect, and the connection is faster. When you can only get dial up every bit counts. After being insulted, hung up on and discounted, I now feel vilified. Their techs told me over and over the problem was on my end, well on I can connect quicker and easier to another company. The line is still crap, if the wind blows or it rains forget connecting. They had one linemen who documented the problem, and he was likely downsized due to honesty.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just fixed my problems with Bell, I went to a small telco in town. Now I can connect, and the connection is faster. When you can only get dial up every bit counts. After being insulted, hung up on and discounted, I now feel vilified. Their techs told me over and over the problem was on my end, well on I can connect quicker and easier to another company. The line is still crap, if the wind blows or it rains forget connecting. They had one linemen who documented the problem, and he was likely downsized due to honesty.

Great news.

One customer at a time.

Driving home (and listening to the Nortel debacle unfold $120 to $0 ), I was struck by how we now accept monopolies.

Years ago, Big Bell was 'forced' to break up into smaller companies. I believe other companies with monopolistic powers were also broken up.

Made sense at the time. Makes sense now.

Archived