New Cats

Baylaker

Yamaha realized a long time ago that the market share they had and the margins realized were not good. Lets focus on motorcycles/ATVs/SxS and outboards are money makers 12 months of the year globally! Smart.

• Like 1

I am surprised to hear 2 positive spins on Cat clutches, as my chum was a partner at a Cat dealership until a few years ago, and I remember him telling me that over the winter - he would sell all the clutches (primary?) that he could stock in the fall. That they were junk, and that Cat had started puting Team clutches on them. 

But I hear no mention of Team clutches here, nor on the new sled hypes.

???

Hope that Yamaha still makes engines for the sled industry. I'm very impressed with 998 Turbo along with the 700 triple that I put over 30,000 hard kms on it with out opening it up! Damn thing wouldn't die!..lol 

Would love to see AC put a 700-750cc motor into their Catalyst. That's a happy power range for many.(135-150hp) Easier on clutches than the 800cc+.

Offer something that the other OEMs don't have. Be unique like Cat has been in the past. Loved my Saber700!

I realize this is a Cat thread but I appreciate that Yamaha did provide different sled chassis across their platform.

Nobody does that anymore. One chassis, many motors. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Cat released their ‘25 models today.  Those 858 ZR Catalysts are going to do well I think especially with how positive the feedback has been with the 600’s.  I stopped by the dealer last Friday and was able to sit on a few 600 Catalysts, very different to the Yamacats, sled went on a huge diet, seating position is much more forward.  Nice seeing new tech/stuff from Cat.  

https://snowgoer.com/news/2025-arctic-cat-snowmobiles-unveiled-the-zr-lineup/32104/

C38C4B68-3743-4C87-823B-E1ACE8B5952C.thumb.jpeg.3d55bd67fe4eed005c7663f15a214fab.jpeg

‘23 600 review: 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUCtrbjw2Js

45854619-6DAF-4673-9791-0AB027E3B4B9.thumb.jpeg.f5e9a89ad6197285cf085143b12b5c9f.jpeg

• Like 6

On 1/9/2024 at 10:12 PM, RAMSOMAIR said:

Looks like Aberfoyle JC, is that where you got your SRX I’m assuming?

That’s the upstairs there for sure

Bring back the dual rail suspensions, as an option, for at least the crossover segment. puleeeeease!!!! Ski

The crossover sleds (Riots) all have dual rail skids.  The mountain sleds have single beam skids.

8 hours ago, snowowl said:

The crossover sleds (Riots) all have dual rail skids.  The mountain sleds have single beam skids.

Not anymore... https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobile/crossover/riot-x

And even before that, they didnt give them a mountain track like the XF High Country sleds. You could get them in 1.6 or 2.0 (dual rail) but, not the 2.25 Powerclaw or 2.6 Powerclaw. Those tracks are legendary, in the deep. At least they are now sending them with the 2.6 but, I really think they are missing their market. I have no interest in the single rail. It might be great for the steep and deep but, we ride way too many trail miles to get to those areas, and being on a single tippy rail, is just not for me. Ski

Are you hypothisizing, or have you ridden one on trail?

I would have to think that it would wear out tracks a lot quicker?

Maybe lugs?

Maybe glass rods?

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Not anymore... https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobile/crossover/riot-x

And even before that, they didnt give them a mountain track like the XF High Country sleds. You could get them in 1.6 or 2.0 (dual rail) but, not the 2.25 Powerclaw or 2.6 Powerclaw. Those tracks are legendary, in the deep. At least they are now sending them with the 2.6 but, I really think they are missing their market. I have no interest in the single rail. It might be great for the steep and deep but, we ride way too many trail miles to get to those areas, and being on a single tippy rail, is just not for me. Ski

The Riot X has been dropped out of the lineup for 2025.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ox said:

Are you hypothisizing, or have you ridden one on trail?

I would have to think that it would wear out tracks a lot quicker?

Maybe lugs?

Maybe glass rods?

Go stand on one 2x4 on edge, and then 2, 2x4's tied together, side to side about 12-13" apart... tell me which one you think is more stable. I'll wait. I hope Mrs. O, doesnt have to run you to the mergency. :D I honestly dont have to ride it, to see where I would have an issue. I have zero interest in trying one. zero. 

I have heard of guys putting on 4 wheel kits in the back, and or "training wheel" kits on them, to make them more stable, for what I am talking about. If you are going that far, pull the single driver shaft, and the monorail, and install a regular 2 driver shaft, and the twin rail, in my opinion. Ski

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowowl said:

The Riot X has been dropped out of the lineup for 2025.

Again, missing a pretty good sized market share, in my opinion. Maybe they will bring something out in the catalyst chassis, for spring buy. time will tell. To me, if the mono rail was all that, all the mfgs would be narrowing up the skids, until the patent wore out, then made their own version of the single rail. Ski 

• Like 1