LOOSING LONG TIME CONTRIBUTORS

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

I wish Blake and Turbo Doo would check back in sometime. A difference of opinion doesnt equal ill will in my opinion but to each their own i guess. Nunz has stuck around! Yay!
Also Panther340 disagreed with some covid opinions too and it got heated a bit at times and he's still around. Always a great contributor and stuck by his opinion and respected others right to do so. Never met ya bud but i respect that and kudos to ya for that.

• Like 13

I’m my opinion, generally guys don’t hold on to these things, grudges, hard feelings, etc….like girls usually do (no offense). 
Yes guys have their hard lines or opinions, but usually in the end agree to disagree and have a few laughs over a few beverages. 

We all have value to add in some way, shape or form, some small and some big. 
Letting others control that is to bad based on a difference of opinion or ideology. 

• Like 1

Going back 10 years ago. Doonut use to take us out on his lake rides and into his secret play ground areas. A good 50 plus riders from here would show up including LMV (who is now sledless) 😂

death of doonut and sled junk has changed this forum forever no doubt. 
Really neat kill switch showed up for abit and seemed to stop posting too. 
luc use to post on this forum too and stopped years ago for what ever reason, not sure. Hopefully Blake and revend come back. Really enjoy his hotel and fuel and restaurant data base. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Wow, just wow! but, it is ok for you to do it, on purpose. I see where you are better than I now. thank you for enlightening me.    Ski 

hypocrisy.jpg

Didn't mean to offend you , wow .

Here is the bottom line as I see it. You don't like what's said and feel you need to leave. Then do it. Don't whinge and start your own place while using the forum you just left to start your own place. That's wrong.  A few that left that did this If they come back will not get a second thought nor a second of my time because of this. But that's my own opinion and not the one of this forum. 

Secondly, I value anyone's opinion whether or not I agree with them. I also fully believe in a persons right to do and go where they want. So ayone whom I dont agree with that stayed. Good on you. 

So I hope everyone ( and I do mean everyone)  is ok and has a decent life. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

IDK anything aboot TC going anywhere in '98 as I didn't even have online service 'till 2000....

I doo recall it being called New Dundee now that you say that.

If we look back to the beginning, we have lost allot of great contributors. This last deal, I don't really understand. I guess some are not happy and have left, I respect that. The last few years the whole world has changed, there is separation everywhere, it has no boundaries. It's up to each individual to either get along, ignore, forget or forgive. There have been many over the years I didn't think much of, no different then every day life, mostly I just let it roll off. I've been part of some heated discussions on here, it is what it is, at the end of the day we all love the same sport. I wish the others would just come back and get over their differences, but if they don't they don't. It's their choice, and I firmly believe we all have a choice, just as our charter of Freedoms and rights states.

This is a tuff season province wide for our sport, I hope everyone finds happiness in what they are doing and gets to do some sledding, wherever that may be.

• Like 8

I used to wonder why anyone would let internet chatter and/or a differing of opinions let them get so wound up to the point they would need to leave.

But.....,I did vacate a site I frequented daily for several years a little over a year ago and have never looked at it again. I am glad I did - it was good for me, so I guess I can better understand now why some may choose to do what they do. 

In any event, I enjoy the members here and most importantly - really appreciate the valuable sledding information I get from here, see pictures of people out riding, or just talk about sledding ( since I don't get to ride much ) - that is the passion part and the reason I come here.

Glad those that are here are still here.

• Like 6

The polarization of society in past three years has even gone so far as dividing families ( including my own) One of the best things this site did was separating those sensitive topics to that Monkey Forum. I am purposely not a member there because when we didn't have it , even though I would say to myself I would ignore or not read certain posts.....I am too passionate ( and well informed ;) )  and would be tempted to read and reply.....so now with it separate in Monkey section, I can avoid easier.  So as long as Moderators keep that stuff over in Monkey, I think we all , in the rest of the forums, can get along with other common passions like the outdoor sports , or technical helps , non political jokes.....etc.. so I consider you all people I am confident would be friends if we met in my garage with a beer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Panther340 said:

The polarization of society in past three years has even gone so far as dividing families ( including my own) One of the best things this site did was separating those sensitive topics to that Monkey Forum. I am purposely not a member there because when we didn't have it , even though I would say to myself I would ignore or not read certain posts.....I am too passionate ( and well informed ;) )  and would be tempted to read and reply.....so now with it separate in Monkey section, I can avoid easier.  So as long as Moderators keep that stuff over in Monkey, I think we all , in the rest of the forums, can get along with other common passions like the outdoor sports , or technical helps , non political jokes.....etc.. so I consider you all people I am confident would be friends if we met in my garage with a beer. 

are you buying?  lol!

• Haha 1

Any Mtn Dew?

Or does yours have added vinegar? ;)

We seem tol roll through your area around 3AM +/-

Hoping for some snow to come soon.

We are hoping to be there first of March, somewhere....

7 minutes ago, Ox said:

Any Mtn Dew?

Or does yours have added vinegar? ;)

We seem tol roll through your area around 3AM +/-

Hoping for some snow to come soon.

We are hoping to be there first of March, somewhere....

We put vinegar on fries only......and at 3 am , I am snoring or up for my nightly pee  !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Didn't mean to offend you , wow .

I don't have a stake in this bickering, but the above claim rings a little hollow with me, given your previous post. i doo miss the posts of those that I just discovered have opted out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tricky said:

I don't have a stake in this bickering, but the above claim rings a little hollow with me, given your previous post. i doo miss the posts of those that I just discovered have opted out.

Hollow and shallow much easier to get out of the muck if your not in too deep . See ya in the corner . 

It is kind of sad the way this is going.

I have been on here since way back when my  farm neighbor Adam K. was helping with the sight IT.

He and a buddy stickered my sled one night with an OC sticker. That is how i found my way here, The sticker still on my tool box some 25 years later!

I have always enjoyed popping in and out. Check the trail reports, accommodation/restaurant  reports, sled brand banter and all such things that snowmobilers talk about.

I don't post a lot, but I have always enjoyed sharing a trail report, some humor, and talking to like minded people. We are a shrinking group of enthusiasts and sometimes we are our own worst enemies in many different ways.

Last week we went to Sudbury with friends, to meet and ride with friends that we have met there snowmobiling, and met more  new passionate sledders  and friends.

This is a big thing  that my wife and I enjoy about the sport. There are not many places in Ontario that we haven't made some tracks, and have always enjoyed the comradery where ever we have gone.

Respect  others, help the sport when you can,  Be it in the Clubhouse, on the side of trail, or on a  Snowmobile Forum.

Hammer down!

• Like 12