S4 Polaris

signfan

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Polaris is known for its two stroke motors. Enough said! 

Lots of different 4s motors in Polaris ATVs and SxSs, not to mention Victory and Indian motorcycles. Majority of these have been good engines. I am a little suspicious of a 1000 cc twin vs my current 3 cylinder, but I don't think that Polaris would risk introducing a dog.

I think if they add a turbo, it will be a good seller for those guys wanting power in the 130hp range.

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I remember the 90's

new_xcr_600_sp2.jpg

I remember the 90's to. Indy's with a Fuji triple that every other manufacturer only wished they could have.

I had a 94 XLT that I put 12,000 miles on and the only thing ever got repaired on the engine was the recoil. Most reliable sled I ever owned.

• Like 2

I had a number of triples back in the day. Those engines were smooth, powerful and seemed to last longer than most modern day 2 strokes. I would love to see a modern day compact 3 cyl 2 stroke……………

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ski-dog said:

I had a number of triples back in the day. Those engines were smooth, powerful and seemed to last longer than most modern day 2 strokes. I would love to see a modern day compact 3 cyl 2 stroke……………

Amen

16 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I remember the 90's to. Indy's with a Fuji triple that every other manufacturer only wished they could have.

I had a 94 XLT that I put 12,000 miles on and the only thing ever got repaired on the engine was the recoil. Most reliable sled I ever owned.

Nice 
I had a 1994 Polaris xcr 440. I put 14,400 miles on it before I got rid of it. I did a clutch and track and bearings on it. Really loved that snowmobile for its time.  In 1993, I rode it from early December to april

first year. 3200 miles mostly after school and on weekends. 

• Like 1