Ski doo 2022 130 HP Turbo

signfan

5 hours ago, signfan said:

Wow.  Guess everyone went for the 180 hp variant.

Or their 130 hp 900 hasn't arrived yet or is waiting on missing components.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spanky said:

Or their 130 hp 900 hasn't arrived yet or is waiting on missing components.

No. Mostly hot shoe 180 riders here. Even the women and children want the HP.🤣

7 minutes ago, signfan said:

Too bad the 130 hp doesn't run on 87 octane gas.  Real toss up between sticking with another NA 900 Ace or this 130 HP Turbo.  I just can't see the need for 180 HP personally.

Spoke at length with the dealer, who stated that if I wanted to run 87 and didn't need or want the performance of 91, run 87 in the 900TR. What he didn't want me to do was add Octane Boost.

I didn't buy the REN X 900TR for the power, I would be happy with the 130, same power as my Vector. But all of the guys porting over from the 2S 850, are picking the 900TR, so increases my buyers market in a few years. :-)

That's an interesting take.  Dealer said no warranty issues running 87?  Personally I never saw any difference in performance between the two in my current sled or past 2 strokes.  It's not even a cost thing.  More an availability thing.  

I was at a friends cottage on the weekend and we got to ride his Matryx 650 137 and his 2022 Renegade 900R, was very interesting to compare them and see the differences. Personally for me if I was riding Northern Ontario or Quebec the 4 stroke would make a ton of sense, for tight and twisty trails we all preferred the 2 stroke 650 Polaris. You could really notice the weight on the front end. He had also taken his 900R to Accelerated Tech to have it revalved and dual rate springs and torsion springs, He said it is night and day different with the proper set up on it. Both great sleds for sure albeit different. I think if Polaris were to bring a 4 stroke out I would certainly consider one but only after spending some seat time on it.

• Like 2

What ski setup was he running Nunz?  Guys are saying the snow trackers make a world of difference on them for the heavy front end feel.  How is the noise on the 900T.  Much quieter than the 2 stroke?  

18 minutes ago, signfan said:

What ski setup was he running Nunz?  Guys are saying the snow trackers make a world of difference on them for the heavy front end feel.  How is the noise on the 900T.  Much quieter than the 2 stroke?  

He was running the snowtrackers actually, was very impressed at the lack of darting on the loose snow

Nunzio

IMO, for the guys talking about 87 or 91 octane gas, I'd be running 91 as much as I can. I will only run 87 when I 'have' to. I have ran 87 in my 1200's,  my 850's and my 900Ts,  but only out of necessity. Just my opinion.. The computer will adjust timing etc, when running the lower octane,  but I would not replace running 91 full time with 87.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, signfan said:

That's an interesting take.  Dealer said no warranty issues running 87?  Personally I never saw any difference in performance between the two in my current sled or past 2 strokes.  It's not even a cost thing.  More an availability thing.  

For my 4S, 900TR, he said running 87 was fine, and there was no caution that running 87 could affect the warranty. No idea what his position is on 2S.

19 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

@Nunz, we all know you want a 900R, just admit it.....😂

Me thinks you will have a hard time changing his underwear colour to yellow. After having the

4st, I am wondering how it become that you had yours turn yellow!!!  Lol :rotflmao:

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Me thinks you will have a hard time changing his underwear colour to yellow. After having the

4st, I am wondering how it become that you had yours turn yellow!!!  Lol :rotflmao:

No yellow underwear here. Does Polaris even have a 4 Stroke?. Polaris who?,  Exactly....😎

When and if Polaris ever comes to the 4 Stroke Table, I'd be interested...

On 1/31/2022 at 8:53 PM, signfan said:

Too bad the 130 hp doesn't run on 87 octane gas.  Real toss up between sticking with another NA 900 Ace or this 130 HP Turbo.  I just can't see the need for 180 HP personally.

If you read the fine print I believe the 900 n/a (at least my 2014 anyways) says 87 octane if ethanol free.. otherwise recommends 91.  I thought my local Stinsons was ethanol free (the owner kept telling me it was) but when I contacted the actual Stinsons' fuel supplier they indicated that all their 87 octane has ethanol by law.

3 hours ago, paulslund said:

If you read the fine print I believe the 900 n/a (at least my 2014 anyways) says 87 octane if ethanol free.. otherwise recommends 91.  I thought my local Stinsons was ethanol free (the owner kept telling me it was) but when I contacted the actual Stinsons' fuel supplier they indicated that all their 87 octane has ethanol by law.

Paulslund, my ‘14 says this on the filler cap, haven’t paid attention to the one in my new to me ‘21.

M local fuel station, and supporter of our club, told me that all grades(87,89 91)  have ethanol in them now since January 1st .

I haven’t researched this, just going by his information.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:09 AM, Turbo Doo said:

No yellow underwear here. Does Polaris even have a 4 Stroke?. Polaris who?,  Exactly....😎

When and if Polaris ever comes to the 4 Stroke Table, I'd be interested...

I get your point. I tend to have a different view of these things. I look at the serviceability of the things but maybe I should go along with your train of thought and just buy a new one every year or two. 

• Like 1

or three new ones every year 🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 3