NCDN Update. Clocks Ticking

Turbo Doo

Head for Kap if you're going.  Hotels are booked solid in Cochrane and trails are beat.  I'm sure the club will keep grooming, but can't see them being able to keep up with the traffic.  They would need to groom everything every night to keep pace.  A trail near smooth rock was really really rough as well yesterday (Smoothrock club).  Kap and Hearst trails were awesome this last weekend.  More snow in there areas as well.  

We did the canyon loop yesterday which turned out to be a full 300 km of moguls.  Appreciate the guys being at base camp.  That said no respect for social distancing or masks there.  I couldn't leave fast enough after getting my $3.50 a litre fuel up.  Was happy to be sledding, but definitely found better conditions in Kapuskasing this past weekend.

My neighbour is in Cochrane right now.  He said the trails are disappearing before his eyes.

the bad thing is, with conditions like this is, the clubs cant groom, if the night time temps dont drop below freezing. it will only make things worse. the warm wet snow just balls up, and sticks to the drag. best scenario is temps that drop just before dark, until about 10am or so. gives the club, groomer, and mother nature, to help fix the traffic damage. Ski

From CTV today:

image.png.d247b2f575f13bb4d97d073cf616c44a.png

I think the weekend will be a mash potato situation

13 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Gonna get ugly quick I think

Oh ya. The lots in Cochrane and the moose were  really good to see.  Advantage is good and full too.  3 days of good riding and we are done :icon_tongue:.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Oh ya. The lots in Cochrane and the moose were  really good to see.  Advantage is good and full too.  3 days of good riding and we are done :icon_tongue:.

Good to hear as it usually is pretty quiet there (other than when the OCers get there). When @irREVerent and I arrived, there was nobody there.

Any sledders @ the Apollo?

3 Days and 3 nights if you can keep a cork in it . Na 3 days and have some fun .

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Good to hear as it usually is pretty quiet there (other than when the OCers get there). When @irREVerent and I arrived, there was nobody there.

Any sledders @ the Apollo?

Not sure         didn't pay attention since I was driving.  Never been up here  so kept an eye on the road

2 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Not sure         didn't pay attention since I was driving.  Never been up here  so kept an eye on the road

Apollo is 2 doors west of the Advantage. I thought you had ridden thru there.

Never driven north of KL.  Crazy to think the miles we put on for  other purposes    and now drove here    but have driven  a fair distance for other  sledding in the past for other trips.  Always a story to tell I guess:lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

3 Days and 3 nights if you can keep a cork in it . Na 3 days and have some fun .

Thanks  reports will be given.   And then the rest of the story for the garage meeting:ssh:

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2021 at 9:37 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Just wanted to share a NCDN update from PBR Riders Facebook Page for all those facebookless...

Screenshot_20210316-213549_Samsung Internet.jpg

Two great days of riding   and one more. ?  Tick tock tick tock  oh and I should have said earlier. Just awesome up here. 

Edited by volunteer2
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Two great days of riding   and one more. ?  Tick tock tick tock  oh and I should have said earlier. Just awesome up here. 

Glad your getting one last weekend ride in bud !

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Well the Last song has sung.  It's done.   Sitting in Kap in tee shirts having bevves with Tricky

IMG_20210320_162438394.jpg

That looks ugly...

3 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

IMG_20210320_162325124_HDR.jpg

A friend was up there years ago & got caught west of Kap when the conditions went south. Candace w/ D15 when the office was near the big bear, said it was pretty ugly watching the sleds heading east.