Best place to drop n go around Minden??

MR WEEZ

Ideas?

KInmount rail trail has been open to haliburton .      trail from minden to rail line is marginal  rail base was solid  and smooth but is getting heavy traffic    some parking north of lcbo if  sawmill area parking  in kimount is full  

I noticed that hcsa Trail 7 was "marginal" on Thursday. The railbed and lakes were excellent 

Parked in kinmount at abandoned gas station beside lcbo, lots of trucks in kinmount earlier.

Trails aren't to busy, headed up around minden, trail that way is rough, needs another foot of snow, looped around and grabbing lunch in haliburton. 

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, marginal is being generous.....lol

Abandon all hope ye who enter here

On 1/20/2019 at 12:06 PM, stoney said:

You get out?

We stayed at Pinestone for a few days last week so 7 is the only way in and out. Going south was easier than going north but neither had any where near enough snow.

We tried to get to Dorset on Tuesday and the B was no better. The sections on roads were ok but the actual bush trail stuff needs a foot of snow.

The wife's Vector had the CEL come on 10 minutes out the first day. Display said code 85 which is oil pressure sensor so we rode on. After the first day of riding I realized I had lost the key to my truck so we were stuck at Pinestone until a key could be sent from home. I was not in a good mood to say the least......lol

Yamaha is fixed now. Damn mice ate the wiring harness. Second time that has happened. My turbo bogged twice during the 2 days of riding, also shut off once and the plug for the heated visor quit. Its next to get in the shop. Dodge truck goes to the dealer for new keys later this week.

I love this sport. I have over $3000 invested so far and I have 240 kms to show for it.   :rotflmao:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

neither had any where near enough snow.

the B was no better

The wife's Vector had the CEL come on

I lost the key to my truck so we were stuck at Pinestone

My turbo bogged twice

also shut off once

The plug for the heated visor quit

I love this sport. I have over $3000 invested so far and I have 240 kms to show for it.   :rotflmao:

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

I was doing the snowmobile as a hobby math yesterday. I stopped when I felt the tears welling up. Oh yeah , then my kid waffled a perfectly good belt by trying to drive off with a frozen up skid. Beer was the answer. 

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

We stayed at Pinestone for a few days last week so 7 is the only way in and out. Going south was easier than going north but neither had any where near enough snow.

We tried to get to Dorset on Tuesday and the B was no better. The sections on roads were ok but the actual bush trail stuff needs a foot of snow.

The wife's Vector had the CEL come on 10 minutes out the first day. Display said code 85 which is oil pressure sensor so we rode on. After the first day of riding I realized I had lost the key to my truck so we were stuck at Pinestone until a key could be sent from home. I was not in a good mood to say the least......lol

Yamaha is fixed now. Damn mice ate the wiring harness. Second time that has happened. My turbo bogged twice during the 2 days of riding, also shut off once and the plug for the heated visor quit. Its next to get in the shop. Dodge truck goes to the dealer for new keys later this week.

So all the bad stuff is now out of the way, Tim.....smooth sailing from here!

2 hours ago, pt3189 said:

I was doing the snowmobile as a hobby math yesterday. I stopped when I felt the tears welling up. Oh yeah , then my kid waffled a perfectly good belt by trying to drive off with a frozen up skid. Beer was the answer. 

I did that to a 150 dollar belt with my parking brake on, beer would have helped but after buying a new belt I could not afford beer.

thinking about going for a  tour in the area on Friday. I guess I will avoid trails around Minden for a couple more weeks.

Hope to have enough to go yellow where I live without trailering . Groomer was laying a base on rail trail Havelock to Marmora and Stirling.fyi

33 minutes ago, barberch said:

thinking about going for a  tour in the area on Friday. I guess I will avoid trails around Minden for a couple more weeks.

22 minutes ago, gobills said:

Take the lakes from carnarvon up to tall pines trails.  Much more snow up there.  Avoid south of carnarvon.

10 years ago I parked on a Fri' by the Stanhope Twp yard. Rode north to Oxbow Lk (on D101B) & back. I varied the route so I was able to minimize the duplicate miles.

2 minutes ago, pt3189 said:

Hope to have enough to go yellow where I live without trailering . Groomer was laying a base on rail trail Havelock to Marmora and Stirling.fyi

Unloaded 1 afternoon @ Glen Ross & rode out to Kaladar & then on the way back, down to Corbyville (ditchbanging along the tracks to get south of the 401).

3 minutes ago, gobills said:

Take the lakes from carnarvon up to tall pines trails.  Much more snow up there.  Avoid south of carnarvon.

Can we still get up all the lakes from Minden or is there landowner issues on some of the bypasses we used to use.Mind you we used to put our ear to the rails on B103?? so its been a while.Not that long but you get the idea.Friend of mine who is on Canning Lake said there isn't one track Lesters are just a mile away and used the lake frequently,hell there the kids went to Halliburton High by snowmachine--way quicker than the bus.So I know we lost the Ingsolby bypass years ago and I'm sure we can't run through the public school play ground in Hali anymore.But how about the other connecting lakes? We used to run Red Pine ,Sherbourne .Nunicanni

6 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Can we still get up all the lakes from Minden or is there landowner issues on some of the bypasses we used to use.Mind you we used to put our ear to the rails on B103?? so its been a while.Not that long but you get the idea.Friend of mine who is on Canning Lake said there isn't one track Lesters are just a mile away and used the lake frequently,hell there the kids went to Halliburton High by snowmachine--way quicker than the bus.So I know we lost the Ingsolby bypass years ago and I'm sure we can't run through the public school play ground in Hali anymore.But how about the other connecting lakes? We used to run Red Pine ,Sherbourne .Nunicanni

Looking @ the 2019 HCSA map & #11 still crosses Shebourne, Big Hawk & on to TOP B.

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You have had mice issues before, what do you use to deter the little buggers?

I have had good luck with fake dollar snakes, leave them scattered around, they are cheap and effective....so far.....

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

Looking @ the 2019 HCSA map & #11 still crosses Shebourne, Big Hawk & on to TOP B.

Good to know,they all use canoe portages between the  lakes. Some of my maps are older than some of the members here.Don't typically use a map in Haliburton.I'm sure you are the same over your way.

4 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Good to know,they all use canoe portages between the  lakes. Some of my maps are older than some of the members here.Don't typically use a map in Haliburton.I'm sure you are the same over your way.

I wish I had kept the old Provincial Trail Guides that used the MTO road map for a base map. Some trails up north that I think were wishful thinking on someone's part.

2 hours ago, stoney said:

You have had mice issues before, what do you use to deter the little buggers?

I have had good luck with fake dollar snakes, leave them scattered around, they are cheap and effective....so far.....

I hired an exterminator a few years back. The mice were in the house, the sheds, in my trucks, everywhere. The guy was able get the population knocked down and didn't see them much any more. Then the guy got a bit weird, wasn't coming as often then just stopped coming. We have a new guy doing it now for the last 6 months and things are better again. That Vector hadn't moved in 2 years so it sat during that in between time. They ate the bottom of my seat on my Cat but didn't touch the Doo.

Spearmint oil is supposed to keep them away. I used that for a couple years but I would forget to do it.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:05 PM, stoney said:

Parked in kinmount at abandoned gas station beside lcbo, lots of trucks in kinmount earlier.

Trails aren't to busy, headed up around minden, trail that way is rough, needs another foot of snow, looped around and grabbing lunch in haliburton. 

I was wondering about mentioning that spot.

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

https://www.wheels.ca/news/rodent-damage/

Archived