ITG Legend question

shawnj

Does Yellow also mean a pass with groomer?

Yes, a yellow trail means that groomer has at minimum packed the trail.

Ok thanks for that info. 

There is a trail along Black Bay road off Petawawa Blvd, It was yellow on ITG but there was definitely  no sign of a groomer being on it.  

Unless Im mistaken but I was on the first part but only up to around the airport then back.

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No

Oh?? 

Hmmmm,  ok.   LOL

Yellow means that you can ride the trail, but you may come across obstacles or hazards.  Ride with caution.  Some trails get set to limited because the trails have been checked but an industrial groomer will break through the soft areas.  Allowing some traffic will force the frost and freezing deeper to firm up the wet areas.

15 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Yellow means that you can ride the trail, but you may come across obstacles or hazards.  Ride with caution.  Some trails get set to limited because the trails have been checked but an industrial groomer will break through the soft areas.  Allowing some traffic will force the frost and freezing deeper to firm up the wet areas.

Ya I fully understand the packing by sleds to get the frost into the ground.  I was just curious if the OFSC rules were in order to be Yellow, they have had a pass with the packer or groomer.   Looks like varying opinions here.  

BTW SledJunk,  this year if I see the lights a flashing on the pipeline  up here I won't keep going.  LOL 

That would be great!  I am sure I'll be up there again.  Love that area.

But back on topic, there are no hard and fast rules other than that the signage has to be inspected and the trail ready from a risk management perspective.

When the trails are red, though, it means that the club has determined that the trail is either not safe, in their opinion, or that there is an issue.  Sometimes, the people that ride on closed trails do not realize that a minor issue needs to be resolved with a landowner and trespassing just loses the trail altogether.

I am in no way inferring that you, anyone else on here, would do that.  Just venting frustration of dealing with a situation just like that in our club.  And, unfortunately, I know we are not unique in that one.

In the grooming association that I was involved in for a dozen years, the trail colour was changed when the club trail master in consultation with the groomer co-ordinator decided it was right to do so. Typically that was after a pass with the groomer but not sure if that was always the case.

Is anyone else having issues with view the ITG?  I get a message to check Javascript or something, ever that is

Just checked and it's working for me 

same issue for me ..its broke 

Not working here, either

same issue on computer and fine on mobile

I tried it on the iPad earlier when I said it was fine. Laptop isn't working. Perhaps overloaded system 

I did however see over 10,000 kms trails available. 

Just tried it also. Not working here either.

Working fine on my Android phone.

ok now with 11300 kms or trails

It would be interesting to see the ITG add a colour to represent a closed trail due to land issue related to trail abuse. It would show how serious the number of trails we are loosing every day/week/year. 

Jerry

It would be good if we started taking pictures of people who go off trail ride without permits etc and started posting them up, especially if we can include registration numbers.

The trail guide on my iPhone seems to be different than on the computer, iPhone show yellow and the ofsc website shows red. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, Tessie11 said:

The trail guide on my iPhone seems to be different than on the computer, iPhone show yellow and the ofsc website shows red. Any thoughts?

Maybe the status changed while you were switching devices?

Did you reload the ITG for both devices at the same time, to verify that the data was indeed different on each device?

Archived