Kearney Legion Winter Kitchen

KearneyCookhouse

Went to the legion a couple times last year and enjoyed the food, but whiskey Jacks/ silversands is the spot to go. I believe it was for sale correct me if I'm wrong?

Its been for sale for a few years now.. I agree with Whiskey Jacks food for sure, service at Edgewater is much better though imo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been for sale for a few years now.. I agree with Whiskey Jacks food for sure, service at Edgewater is much better though imo

I've never had a problem with the service, but I've never really been on a weekend to be a judge. Perks of weekday riding I guess. 

Is sliversands still for sale?

man i would love to do something like that run/own a resort type place with a restaurant.  Thats a nice looking spot with a lot of opportunity to make it huge.  Such a tough thing to do or make a decision on. 

man i would love to do something like that run/own a resort type place with a restaurant. Thats a nice looking spot with a lot of opportunity to make it huge. Such a tough thing

to do or make a decision on.

It isn't as lucrative as you think. Regulations, food safety, working training, insurance especially liability isn't cheap. Trailer park at least gives the resort steady stream of revenue. Running a resturant 6 days a week, isn't easy unless you have chef and mangement experience.

Noticed the old Jolly Roger (Quality Inn) in Parry Sound is for sale too.  Just under 4 million.

https://www.realtor.ca/Commercial/Business/16569575/1-J-R-DR-Seguin-Ontario-P2A2W8

I hope the muellers buy it back and turn it back into the old jolly roger!

Noticed the old Jolly Roger (Quality Inn) in Parry Sound is for sale too.  Just under 4 million.

https://www.realtor.ca/Commercial/Business/16569575/1-J-R-DR-Seguin-Ontario-P2A2W8

Interesting....real estate agent from Mississauga...mentions golf, but nothing about the snowmobile trail that comes right to the parking lot. (on a $4 million property, think they'd want to get all advantages on the advertisement?) Once again, sledding not on the radar of Ontario's most populated area....I still maintain the OFSC needs to better publicize and be a voice for snowmobiling..Ontario Tourism obviously isn't doing the job. Yeah yeah, more on the snow....zzzzzzzzzzz

Most people I know in the Toronto area have a misconception about snowmobiling as there is little done to inform them differently. They don't know about the massive number of trails and how close they are. They think you need to go well north of Sudbury to find places to ride and primarily on crown land.

The other challenge large numbers have is they drive cars so nothing to tow sleds with and with the housing density including those that live in apartments or condos haven't anywhere to keep them. Countless marinas cater to the ability of these people to own boats. If there were more places where you could keep a sled in a secure environment so they could drive their car north then get on and ride it would be a lot more attractive to a much larger segment of people. I don't know of anyone that markets that service

Wild bill does to a certain extent. Pm him :)

Storage facilities are an easy answer.

Lots of storage facilities do not allow vehicles with fuel to be stored indoors.

The other challenge is the proximity to a trail since they don't have or want to invest in a tow vehicle. Wildbill would likely be the closest to offering that but we could likely see more snowmobilers if there were more places that marketed it as an option

Most people I know in the Toronto area have a misconception about snowmobiling as there is little done to inform them differently. They don't know about the massive number of trails and how close they are. They think you need to go well north of Sudbury to find places to ride and primarily on crown land.

The other challenge large numbers have is they drive cars so nothing to tow sleds with and with the housing density including those that live in apartments or condos haven't anywhere to keep them. Countless marinas cater to the ability of these people to own boats. If there were more places where you could keep a sled in a secure environment so they could drive their car north then get on and ride it would be a lot more attractive to a much larger segment of people. I don't know of anyone that markets that service

Most people I've encountered in Toronto do not like or want anything with an engine in it.

They do not understand why I choose to live in a semi-rural area. They believe everyone should live in condo downtown and use public transit or bicycles, and never venture north of Eglinton.

Toronto is the centre of the universe, you know!!

Most people I've encountered in Toronto do not like or want anything with an engine in it.

They do not understand why I choose to live in a semi-rural area. They believe everyone should live in condo downtown and use public transit or bicycles, and never venture north of Eglinton.

If the good lord was to give Ontario an enema Toronto is where it would go  

I would say the vast majority of cottages in cottage country are owned by those people from the GTA that you despise. Seems to me those people spending their money in those small muskoka towns do a lot to keep them from becoming very empty towns

Somehow I don't imagine all those marinas would do so well with only a handful of locals to rely on.

You need to realize there is an enormous contingent in suburban Toronto that avoid that downtown core

I would say the vast majority of cottages in cottage country are owned by those people from the GTA that you despise. Seems to me those people spending their money in those small muskoka towns do a lot to keep them from becoming very empty towns

Somehow I don't imagine all those marinas would do so well with only a handful of locals to rely on.

You need to realize there is an enormous contingent in suburban Toronto that avoid that downtown core

I didn't get the sense that Bigfish despises people from the GTA or anywhere else.

I think he was simply saying that many "downtowners" don't identify with the more rural "power sports" way of enjoying life. He was writing about those who don't want to contemplate going north of Eglinton, rather than cottagers or other city people who may have an interest in going north for some non-city activites from time to time.

Different strokes for different folks.

I could have misinterpreted him, I suppose....

I didn't get the sense that Bigfish despises people from the GTA or anywhere else.

I think he was simply saying that many "downtowners" don't identify with the more rural "power sports" way of enjoying life. He was writing about those who don't want to contemplate going north of Eglinton, rather than cottagers or other city people who have an interest in going north for some non-city activites from time to time.

you are correct, sir

I don't despise anyone, I am simply stating that in my experience dealing with T.O. people (and as an ex Torontoian myself) I am not seeing an interest in snowmobiling in the majority of people who live in the GTA.

It is primarily a rural winter activity, and as such the thrust of advertisment is not directed at the urban folk.

I think he was simply saying that many "downtowners" don't identify with the more rural "power sports" way of enjoying life. He was writing about those who don't want to contemplate going north of Eglinton, rather than cottagers or other city people who may have an interest in going north for some non-city activites from time to time.

I could have misunderstood the message myself and if so oops sorry.

I could have misunderstood the message myself and if so oops sorry.

Archived