WOWSERS! Lots of idiots

sledzz

Was on trails from Mazinaw through to Whitney and on to Barrys Bay Saturday. So many idiots going way to fast and not sharing the trail. Cops need to quit enforcing in the open areas and start watching blind corners and blind hills and hand out a bunch of mega fines and careless charges. Way too many idiots and seems to be getting worse.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure there are any more than last year. Just more visible since they are concentrated on fewer trails. Need more enforcement for sure and maybe just like the OPP ghost cars on the highway they need some ghost sleds on the trails where the idiots don't realize it's the OPP until too late to change their behaviour.

Is the season over with 14 day forecast well above freezing?

Probably... without a bunch of  :icon_snow:  and   :brr: temps which isn't in the forecast while   :icon_rain: is along with the high temps I think we can   :wavey: goodbye unless you are willing to trailer a very long way and even those in the "far" north aren't confident.    :-(

think im done,getting ready to tap some maples, may use the skandic for that a bit and maybe see if the grizz wants to turn over 

This weekend was brutal in our area. Early morning rides were good, trails were a disaster by noon. Found a gent Saturday am who decided that driving down 65 off Livingston Rd in his Audi A4 was a good idea. Not. He made it a good 1/2 km down the trail before he couldn't go any further. Asshats were also out in droves all along D101b, met 1 group who decided that slowing down on corners were optional and got intimate with trees. What a mess.

Probably... without a bunch of  :icon_snow:  and   :brr: temps which isn't in the forecast while   :icon_rain: is along with the high temps I think we can   :wavey: goodbye unless you are willing to trailer a very long way and even those in the "far" north aren't confident.    :-(

Not looking good in our area, fingers crossed

One special person even pulled over the groomer in the middle of the night and yelled at him 

Did the groomer block the trail and keep him sitting there a while? I think I would have. If I came across the groomer and he was stopped I would have thanked him for his work.

I didn't do it this year but in the past I have carried around a bunch of Tims cards good for a large coffee and a muffin or similar and given them to groomer operators when I see them on the trail, particularly when on another clubs trails.

I'm starting to think midweek rides are the way to go....

I'm starting to think midweek rides are the way to go....

I plan on doing a bunch of that next year. Just need to find some other retired folks in the area to ride with. Not real keen on riding solo mid week when there is nobody around if you get stuck or break down. In our area we have a group that call themselves the Wednesday Wanderers and some of them are guys that made the first trails in our area. They even know places to go that aren't trails but are legal. Turn right at the third pine tree on the right with the broken branch. I don't know how they do it.

I plan on doing a bunch of that next year. Just need to find some other retired folks in the area to ride with. Not real keen on riding solo mid week when there is nobody around if you get stuck or break down. In our area we have a group that call themselves the Wednesday Wanderers and some of them are guys that made the first trails in our area. They even know places to go that aren't trails but are legal. Turn right at the third pine tree on the right with the broken branch. I don't know how they do it.

Haha! They must be old! But they know where it's at! Old timers know best....i ride alone all the time, I trust my yamahas but then again anything can happen. I just hope for the best and worry if the time comes.

I only ride mid week. Just not worth it to battle with the weekend warriors. So much more relaxing and enjoyable riding mid week. Still some idiots out there but few and far between.

Ya, was run off a trail today by someone coming through a corner a little hot.. At least his buddies help pull me out of the ditch, I think he was afraid I was going to yell at him.. 

This topic is one of my pet peeves...

post-23147-0-49456000-1457310499_thumb.jpg

This topic is one of my pet peeves...

That is a two way street, I do agree, BUT, How do you have 5 ,  6 or 7 different speed limits for different trails,  We have a area we post at 20km for livestock, don't make no difference to any one we see ride through the area?? we are just trying to keep a landowner happy with the 20km area.

Wider trails would seem like an improvement but I've noticed that people still cut corners on wide trails. Could be that due to the extra width they ride faster and "need" to cut corners in order to make it around the corner without either slowing down or blowing the corner completely.

Don't know what the solution is other than a strong police presence handing out tickets for reckless driving.

If you ever want to do some midweek riding over in this area next season, let me know.

Ditto

Maybe we need a "Riding Buddies" Forum category

Excellent idea. Ideal would be a searchable or sorted database that could be populated with your name (i.e. BayLaker) where you ride, trailer Y or N, typically when, average distance for a day and your riding style (i.e. speed, fast, moderate, slow)

What would also be a nice idea would be pre-scheduled group rides mid week. Baxter Snow Riders and Snowcrest in past years have had regularly scheduled group rides on Saturday mornings. This year mother nature just didn't cooperate.

if there was a published schedule (in a normal season) you could have departures and routes pre-posted. Whoever wants to show up does and off you go. Lunch stop and butter tarts included of course.

Archived