Feb 3-6 2016 Northern Corridor Du Nord Ride

Turbo Doo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drive carefully Sean.

Jeff if you pm me your cell number I will text you about our Thursday on-trail meeting arrangements.

Unfortunately I cannot join the group for the Friday ride around Hornepayne due to work.  Let me know where you have lunch planned and I can try and stop by to introduce myself.  

For the group that is heading to Dubreuiliville on Sunday are you interested/willing to have an additional rider join you.  I would meet the group north of Hornepayne and ride either to the warmup shack north of Dubreuiliville or all the way to Dub before heading back to Hornepayne Sunday night.  

Unfortunately I cannot join the group for the Friday ride around Hornepayne due to work.  Let me know where you have lunch planned and I can try and stop by to introduce myself.  

For the group that is heading to Dubreuiliville on Sunday are you interested/willing to have an additional rider join you.  I would meet the group north of Hornepayne and ride either to the warmup shack north of Dubreuiliville or all the way to Dub before heading back to Hornepayne Sunday night.  

Sounds like a plan!  Would love to have you join us.

Hey guys.  Make sure you post on the conditions up there.  The hubby and I are planning on going that way Monday Feb.8th after all the wild ones leave.  Well, except for WD and Bill the magician.  LOL  We hope to get some miles on these sleds. 

Be safe and have fun.  Wish we could be there this week.  Darn!!

For those of you coming down to Dubreuilville On Sunday we have a Club Ride.

Dubreuilville Alouettes Snowmobile Club Ride this Weekend.

Sunday Feb 7th 2016

The Club will be hosting a ride, everyone is welcomed. If you do not have a trail permit a special Event permit will be available for sale before the ride for $30,00

The Ride Starts at 10:00am from the Motel Relay.

This ride will take us on a loop, We will ride to Eric Casey's Camp on the Magpie for coffee and hot chocolate. then we will head up the Magpie and hook up to the Wawa Club trails, Ride Wawa 7 and then take the D trail to Hawk and go for Lunch at the Big Bear Restaurant. We will return to Dubreuilville via the D trail.

Total Ride distance is 126kms

For More info Contact Pat Bouchard or Luc Levesque.

Sounds like a plan!  Would love to have you join us.

I will PM you guys my number and you can call or text me when you get in town.. If it where not a Club ride on Sunday I would go up and meet you guys. Sorry not being in this conversation and trip planning guys. I'm really busy with the snowmobile club, it's taken all my time.... I haven't really been out on the sled, just did a few quick run for trail inspections and trail work... nothing for fun and doing nothing....

Hey guys.  Make sure you post on the conditions up there.  The hubby and I are planning on going that way Monday Feb.8th after all the wild ones leave.  Well, except for WD and Bill the magician.  LOL  We hope to get some miles on these sleds. 

Be safe and have fun.  Wish we could be there this week.  Darn!!

Stop in and see me on the Monday on your way north and I will give you your shirts buddy!! Will let you know how it all went for sure!!

Looking forward to the OC Hearst Invasion ride this weekend, looking forward to fun safe weekend for everyone!! Drive safe be it by truck or sled and see you all Thursday afternoon.....  

See you all in a couple of days!!

Oh Yessssss!!!!!

wow,changed chaincase oil,sliders & carbides...torqued all the springs & shocks...did alittle "sled-junkin"..worked till 1 am...just needs a wipe & sleds ready,truck & trailer tomorrow

ps...wife helped me out completely...must really want to get rid of me

Can you blame her??? :lmao:

I have called Uncles in Horneypayne  and he is going to open the restaurant for us on Friday. informed him we would be there around 12pm, Thought it was a good idea as there really is isn't anywhere to sit and have lunch inside in the town other than the Chip truck which doesn't have seating..

Nunz

wow,changed chaincase oil,sliders & carbides...torqued all the springs & shocks...did alittle "sled-junkin"..worked till 1 am...just needs a wipe & sleds ready,truck & trailer tomorrow

ps...wife helped me out completely...must really want to get rid of me

I was heading to the lake alone one time during the summer. My wife seemed anxious to get me on my way and wave goodbye. It was hen party time for her and her friends. Damn glad I wasn't around.

Stop in and see me on the Monday on your way north and I will give you your shirts buddy!! Will let you know how it all went for sure!!

Definitely will do buddy.  Make sure all of you sledders stay safe.  Enjoy!!!

I have called Uncles in Horneypayne  and he is going to open the restaurant for us on Friday. informed him we would be there around 12pm, Thought it was a good idea as there really is isn't anywhere to sit and have lunch inside in the town other than the Chip truck which doesn't have seating..

Nunz

Anxious to see how that works out, never been there.  Interesting choice given the mixed reviews.  Can't be all bad, he's still operating..... 

Anxious to see how that works out, never been there.  Interesting choice given the mixed reviews.  Can't be all bad, he's still operating....

He was actually closed tomorrow but when I mentioned there was a large group from the Ontario Conditions Forum going for a ride from Hearst to Hornepayne he was very nice and happy to accommodate us and open up for lunch. I can certainly appreciate that and considering the lack of choices for lunch willing to give him a second chance for lunch.

Landed at the Companion in Hearst this evening. Plenty of snow in the area.

I was planning to ride toward Cochrane in the morning to meet IQ Turbo along the trail, but I don't think that's a great idea when I would be solo for the first couple of hours. I think Emily and I will tool around some of the trails close to Hearst tomorrow morning.

Landed at the Companion in Hearst this evening. Plenty of snow in the area.

I was planning to ride toward Cochrane in the morning to meet IQ Turbo along the trail, but I don't think that's a great idea when I would be solo for the first couple of hours. I think Emily and I will tool around some of the trails close to Hearst tomorrow morning.

Glad to hear you've landed safely in Hearst, Blake (it was horrible all day here in Muskoka.)  

Just out of interest, how long did the drive take you (door-to-door) from Gravenhurst, including any stops for lunch, gas, etc.?

Left Ghurst train station at 820 a.m. and pulled into Hearst at 620 p.m., half an hour after dark. Stopped 4 times for gas or take out food plus an extra full hour break checking my old stomping grounds around Cobalt. In other words, 9 hours if the 1 is deducted. Road speed 80 to 100 kms and no more. Can't rush it on 2 lane road with frequent 18 wheelers. Slushy road south of New Liskeard and lightly snowing from Cochrane west.

Left Ghurst train station at 820 a.m. and pulled into Hearst at 620 p.m., half an hour after dark. Stopped 4 times for gas or take out food plus an extra full hour break checking my old stomping grounds around Cobalt. In other words, 9 hours if the 1 is deducted. Road speed 80 to 100 kms and no more. Can't rush it on 2 lane road with frequent 18 wheelers. Slushy road south of New Liskeard and lightly snowing from Cochrane west.

wow,I was hoping 8 hrs...tops

WD: We got stuck behind a few snow plows at 40 kph. Between Kirkland Lake and Hearst we saw 4 places where 18 wheelers had gone into the ditch. 2 went straight in and had been pulled out (leaving a big mark in the snow); 2 went in and were still sitting on their side in the ditch. You might do a little better if the roads are good...

I will do my best to try to meet you guys, We have a small Winter carnival here this weekend and I'm on the committee and have to help out and I have to groom the trails. I might be leaving late Saturday to jump in the groomer to head to the Kaby to get that trail nice for you guys so might meet me on the trail on your way here.

See you all soon!!!!!

Archived