Feb 3-6 2016 Northern Corridor Du Nord Ride

Turbo Doo

Rode Hearst to Hornepayne yesterday, snowed pretty much the whole day, and pretty heavy near Hornepayne. Wind and snow wiped out our tracks by the time we came back. 322km and did not see a single other sled. You'll have to great time. The trails north of Hearst were groomed and in amazing shape a well. Only bumpy section was last few KM of the A coming into Hearst on Tuesday, but probably groomed now. Sorry that I'm heading back to Cochrane this morning and won't get a chance to meet up with you guys.

post-23504-0-53816000-1454592344_thumb.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rode Hearst to Hornepayne yesterday, snowed pretty much the whole day, and pretty heavy near Hornepayne. Wind and snow wiped out our tracks by the time we came back. 322km and did not see a single other sled. You'll have to great time. The trails north of Hearst were groomed and in amazing shape a well. Only bumpy section was last few KM of the A coming into Hearst on Tuesday, but probably groomed now. Sorry that I'm heading back to Cochrane this morning and won't get a chance to meet up with you guys.

When are you leaving the Companion?

I joined Chandos_rob and his buddy for a quick coffee in the Companion restaurant this morning before they left for Cochrane. They'll be keeping a lookout for IQ Turbo and the Dutchman, as they'll be passing each other on the trail at some point.

I joined Chandos_rob and his buddy for a quick coffee in the Companion restaurant this morning before they left for Cochrane. They'll be keeping a lookout for IQ Turbo and the Dutchman, as they'll be passing each other on the trail at some point.

Was he sporting his Hat or T-Shirt?

Nope. Incognito.

Stopped in Cobalt Wednesday morning on the way to Hearst. Quite a bit of recent white stuff.

post-22473-0-89359300-1454645468_thumb.jpg

This morning (Thursday) surveying the back parking lot of the Companion Motel in Hearst.

post-22473-0-05105100-1454645490_thumb.jpg

Took a 100 km tour around Hearst this afternoon. Saw only one other sled out on the trails. Plenty of snow and cold temperatures around here. Parked the sled inside the Companion's heated garage to lie in wait for the other OCERS later in the evening.

post-22473-0-97081000-1454645512_thumb.jpg

Have fun tomorrow and be safe.  Make sure you don't do anymore acrobatics!!

Have fun tomorrow and be safe. Make sure you don't do anymore acrobatics!!

I've been doing them with a knife and fork in the downstairs restaurant.

Everyone seems to think we're heading to Hornepayne around 930 in the morning. Should be interesting: Denis007, Doris26, Nunz, Karen, White Dragon, Lily, IQ Turbo, The Dutchman, Amendola 2001, IREVerent, Carol, Fire242, Sledjunk, Mike37, Bill the Magician, Young Carter, and yours truly. Not sure if I've missed anyone.

My daughter's going to stay back and guard the fort. If the group rides too fast I might turn around and go back for a second breakfast.

We can put you up front if that'll help Blake ... I'm riding the oldest sled in the fleet, I've got your back ...  ;-)

You're a good man, Denis. Does your skidoo have enough range to make it to Hornepayne?

And if the trails are in top condition I might not mind a bit of quick running.

You're a good man, Denis. Does your skidoo have enough range to make it to Hornepayne?

.... yup, with a coupla gallons to spare .... running a good clip, too.  If I take it easy it'll have a quarter tank left.... not like THAT'S gonna happen though ....  :D

Well supper last night was a great success, the whole group of us met in the restaurant and had a good meal, meeting everyone was awesome !  Doris26, myself and White Dragon went over to the Queen' so the 3 kids could swim in the pool .... the kids played while WD and I had a cold one together.... and laughed our arses off !!!!  Seems we share the same sense of humour ... we get along great !  

We can't wait for todays' ride.  We didn't get the -25 overnight temps they were calling for, instead we've got -16 with a bit of light snow falling.  That'll make a much less frigid ride for us, more enjoyable for the fingertips.  Good times coming !

You guys should have a good ride today.  We got about 1 inch of snow overnight.  Looked on spot and you should have nice smooth trails part of the way South and the whole way North.  Groomer left here about an hour ago heading North.  

Thanks Matt.!!! You have an estimate on time to groom to the warmup shack? We hope to not meet it in tight trails!!!

WD and I had a cold one together.... and laughed our arses off !!!! Seems we share the same sense of humour ... we get along great !

Oh oh.

We expected to leave between 9:30 and 10. Should meet it around Arnott lake area.

You sure you aren't coming down with a sore throat or something? Wink wink ...lol!!!!

He was actually closed tomorrow but when I mentioned there was a large group from the Ontario Conditions Forum going for a ride from Hearst to Hornepayne he was very nice and happy to accommodate us and open up for lunch. I can certainly appreciate that and considering the lack of choices for lunch willing to give him a second chance for lunch.

We will be riding from Hearst to Dubreuilville on Monday. If this place ain't open for lunch, anywhere else we can stop for lunch in Hornepayne?

Well I don't know how I missed this thread. I have almost 2 weeks off. Headed to Timmins on Sunday and maybe the Canyon on Mon. Maybe some of you will still be up there. Keep an eye out for a Red a Renegade 600 Ace and a new Backcountry.

RR

First things first. Most of us met in the Companion Restaurant for breakfast.

post-22473-0-85288600-1454698181_thumb.jpg

I believe we were a group of fifteen sleds when we left Hearst around 930. Trail A heading west was pretty good, but my back was bothering me a little bit - - so I decided to turn back at the 40 km point, before it was too late. The group of 14 continued on toward Hornepayne. There will be more pictures after the group gets back to Hearst.

My back started feeling pretty good when I found several miles of snow-covered roads on the outskirts of Hearst. Perfect. No wonder people up here don't necessarily need to ride on OFSC trails:

post-22473-0-57277000-1454698201_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-27725800-1454698224_thumb.jpg

Emily and I enjoyed lunch at the Husky Truck Stop. On the way back to the hotel I took her picture in front of a huge pile of logs. Supergirl pose.

post-22473-0-40172900-1454698673_thumb.jpg

Hey Blake how are the trail conditions?

RR

Before todays grooming I would have said 7.5 out of 10. The crowd just returned to Hearst from Hornepayne a few minutes ago and said that whole stretch was groomed today, and is even better now.

NoT sure you really need to drive this far to get good trails though.

Archived