RAP Tour Planning 2016

revrnd

My parents did the rap tour in the winter of '91 on a 91 Polaris Indy Lite and 87 Polaris Star 250.

Now that's hard core LOL. I bet they didn't do it in 2 days. 

W/o digging thru my magazines, any idea when the RAP tour was 1st publicized? 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was around that time because they were in a Polaris ad the following year for the 'new' Polaris Indy Lite. It was a deal where people wrote into Polaris to tell their story and dad wrote about their trip. I want to say it took them 6 or 7 days back then.

Now that's hard core LOL. I bet they didn't do it in 2 days. 

W/o digging thru my magazines, any idea when the RAP tour was 1st publicized? 

Id check with Sharon at Spectacle Lake Lodge guarantee she will know, through Facebook

Well the rap tour we had hoped to do feb7-11 which is this Sunday to Thursday looks like will not happen. We are now looking to head further north and do either day loops or saddle bag runs. Thinking maybe starting in north bay but may have to go further.

Keep us posted with your plans!

The east side of the park sure looks better than the west.

Our group had the same week scheduled. I pulled the plug on my participation a few days ago. Too many "iffy" aspects.

I'm in for day trips, or an overnighter, but spending 1/2 of the loop on yellow, and maybe worse isn't in the plans for this old newb.

Yea north bay to Pembroke looks great and Pembroke to Haliburton also looks do able.

It's the the parry sound to NB and Hali back to parry sound that will stop this trip. After today's rain and Wednesday's I can only seeing those two days of riding getting worse.

Well, we had to abort our trip around the park this week. Attempting to leave on Tuesday only to find every trail around our starting point of Wilberforce was now closed. We attempted a short ride to Harcourt only to find a section of trail was bare road for about a kilometer. In the woods was not much better with icy and bare spots. One rider in our party had to stop quite often just to cool down his sled. We ended up riding around a few trails (rail bed) to visit friends and rode on my friend's property, Now I can say I have 80kms total for 2016 riding.

Jerry

Well, we had to abort our trip around the park this week. Attempting to leave on Tuesday only to find every trail around our starting point of Wilberforce was now closed. We attempted a short ride to Harcourt only to find a section of trail was bare road for about a kilometer. In the woods was not much better with icy and bare spots. One rider in our party had to stop quite often just to cool down his sled. We ended up riding around a few trails (rail bed) to visit friends and rode on my friend's property, Now I can say I have 80kms total for 2016 riding.

Jerry

Trails are closed,but you went for a ride anyway,then we wonder why we have land owner issues .

Yeah, your right about that one, we were only on the rail line

oh god give it a rest will you. They closed them b3acuse there's no snow to groom.. how long have you been riding for?

I'm not exactly sure where Grover was riding, so I have no comment about that.

Canadoo I'm wondering why you told Dufftom to give it a rest? I have seen quite a few "stay off closed trails" comments, but not from Dufftom.

The comments I've seen over the past few weeks were from people such as the president and executive of clubs like Opeongo, HCSA, Sno Voyagers, Heart of Ontario, and several others who have been asking riders to stay off closed trails to try and preserve and maintain the trail system.

I'm not exactly sure where Grover was riding, so I have no comment about that.

Canadoo I'm wondering why you told Dufftom to give it a rest? I have seen quite a few "stay off closed trails" comments, but not from Dufftom.

The comments I've seen over the past few weeks were from people such as the president and executive of clubs like Opeongo, HCSA, Sno Voyagers, Heart of Ontario, and several others who have been asking riders to stay off closed trails to try and preserve and maintain the trail system.

he said he was riding from Wilberforce to Harcourt in The post.. it's the E trail

This isn't some farmers field, it's an actual trail through the woods.

It has been frustrating this year, not being able to ride so many trails. Keeping our fingers crossed for a better February......

We still keep our fingers crossed and planning to do 5 day RAP trip 15th of February it's just week away but look's like we get some snow and cold this weekend hopefully trails will reopen only one part I worry about it's Bracebrige aria all trails is completely closed.

We still keep our fingers crossed and planning to do 5 day RAP trip 15th of February it's just week away but look's like we get some snow and cold this weekend hopefully trails will reopen only

one part I worry about it's Bracebrige aria all

trails is completely closed.

Why not go farther north if you have 5 riding days. Elliot lake area is amazing I hear and good snow all the way up to dub and hornepayne. That is where I will be going.

I am now hoping to do Combermere to Deep River, Deep River to South River, South River to Deep and Deep to Conbermere. Hopefully Mother Nature is nice to me.

Why not go farther north if you have 5 riding days. Elliot lake area is amazing I hear and good snow all the way up to dub and hornepayne. That is where I will be going.

We are party of five and I don't like to push members to go over 200-250km per day, RAP loop has good scheduled days mileage and we already booked accommodations

RAP tour is almost all available again.  Just need trail 11 and B to Whitney.

Yes I like that green color much better :D

Anybody  have any information about B trail from Airy through Algonquin  to Haliburton. I see it in red right now, we are going RAP trip on Monday 15th of February and like to make whole loop, but part from Airy to Dorset still closed. Originally we are planning to ride to Bracebridge and even booked hotel, but look like it's not gonna happen, who could imagine we will be out of trails at the middle of February. :( 

Anybody have any information about B trail from Airy through Algonquin to Haliburton. I see it in red right now, we are going RAP trip on Monday 15th of February and like to make whol

e loop, but part from Airy to Dorset still closed.

Originally we are planning to ride to Bracebridge

and even booked hotel, but look like it's not

gonna happen, who could imagine we will be out

of trails at the middle of February. :(

Hailburton needs snow. If they get 5 or so inches they need to reopen and go limited, B will be open again. Sounds like the lake route to by pass it, isn't an option either. Cross you fingers.

Forecast looks promised again Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday snow and Thursday, Friday and Saturday temperature will drop close to -30C at night. Hopefully it helps to maintain trails and I hope reopen them. Fingers crossed 

I do not think it will be passable unless Halliburton get a foot or more of snow this week and it does not look like the are going to.  There is a base there but no snow to groom and fill things in.  Parts of the B need a lot of snow to fill things in.  If i was you i would change your plans.  As far as the lakes, DONT GO!!

I do not think it will be passable unless Halliburton get a foot or more of snow this week and it does not look like the are going to. There is a base there but no snow to groom and fill

things in. Parts of the B need a lot of snow to fill

things in. If i was you i would change your

plans. As far as the lakes, DONT GO!!

Things are worse then I thought. I wouldn't go on most lakes right now either. Trailer farther north I guess, for now.

We cancelled our rap. We are currently in Sudbury lots of snow having a blast.

Archived