north adventure inn

saddlebagger1

new owners at the inn,locals from smoothrock falls.hope they can turn it around.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me a little history.  We have stayed there a bunch of times.  There are so many good places to stay in Cochrane.  Why spend the extra $$$$?  We typically stay at the Thriftlodge, it's right on the trail, access to everything we need and about $40/night less than NAI.

hope nai  gets cleaned up as it is a great place for a bunch of sledders to stay together.

Give me a little history.  We have stayed there a bunch of times.  There are so many good places to stay in Cochrane.  Why spend the extra $$$$?  We typically stay at the Thriftlodge, it's right on the trail, access to everything we need and about $40/night less than NAI.

In the 90s & early 00s it was 1 of the places to stay. Something happened (ownership/staff) & things went downhill. They have an ad in this year's TATA map, haven't gotten to the Corridor guide yet.

The attraction for a lot of sledders is the "all in one place" scenario.  Bar, restaurant, rooms, hot tub?, heated storage.  It went downhill over the last few years and will take a while, and a lot of $$$, to regain its reputation.

Hope the new owners can bring it back.  Thanks saddlebagger1 for posting.

It will be tough. With great places like the westway to stay in town there are different options for food, like ice hut and jr ribs. Two awesome places to eat, just a few blocks away. I sure sledders will stay at the places in town over NAI.

Not necessarily!  Lots, especially saddlebaggers, do not want to head out after arriving from a day of riding.  Makes it much nicer to arrive, get out of the suit, have a drink and not have to worry about going back out into the cold for dinner.

Not necessarily!  Lots, especially saddlebaggers, do not want to head out after arriving from a day of riding.  Makes it much nicer to arrive, get out of the suit, have a drink and not have to worry about going back out into the cold for dinner.

X2. But time will tell. It will be hard to beat the way Brian at the Westway treats us..

It will be tough. With great places like the westway to stay in town there are different options for food, like ice hut and jr ribs. Two awesome places to eat, just a few blocks away. I sure sledders will stay at the places in town over NAI.

only a few rooms at westway are fresh,most are still in the "red fisher" era,need vehicle to go to both those places,,,.chinese aross road & now swiss chalet is ez waliking...staying at nai all in one pkg is ez...breaky,dinner,drinks....using party rooms at motels are great for group gatherings

Also hope that the NAI turns it around. 

Narly accommodation last stay, made easier with a few Carling products.

Glad that WD and others who were part of that group are willing to go back - I'd give it another try. 

only a few rooms at westway are fresh,most are still in the "red fisher" era,need vehicle to go to both those places,,,.chinese aross road & now swiss chalet is ez waliking...staying at nai all in

one pkg is ez...breaky,dinner,drinks....using party

rooms at motels are great for group

gatherings

We walked to jr ribs!

Ice hut is abit farther and cost like 4 bucks plus tip. Nice to have a choice that is all.

This is very true.  We have ridden to Thriftlodge from New Liskeard then walked to JR for ribs, that was a long day.  I would have much rather just been able to go to the restaurant.  The last few years the restaurant in front of the Thriftlodge has been open so we have been going there.  It's pretty good, not like ribs from JR's but pretty good.

Where is Ice Hut? we haven't been there.

This is very true.  We have ridden to Thriftlodge from New Liskeard then walked to JR for ribs, that was a long day.  I would have much rather just been able to go to the restaurant.  The last few years the restaurant in front of the Thriftlodge has been open so we have been going there.  It's pretty good, not like ribs from JR's but pretty good.

Just a few more blocks. Just get a cab and tell them you want to go to the ice hut. Only costs a few bucks to go there and back. Food is great there too, worth a visit for sure.

I would be willing to try it again as well, Had some great memories and fun times up there when it first opened.

Saddlebagger you heading up there for New Years again, If so shoot me a message, We are planning on staying in Kap

stayed there once and had a good time, only thing that was a issue was the same weekend they booked a jr hockey team on the same floor.

Ain't that lucky!

I'll give it another try.Have stayed there numerous times in the last 10 years through numerous owners.Each time was a little worse than the time before.Our choice has been the Westway as of late.Hopefully it can go back to the days of a full barroom with a bunch of partying sledders.

only a few rooms at westway are fresh,most are still in the "red fisher" era,need vehicle to go to both those places,,,.chinese aross road & now swiss chalet is ez waliking...staying at nai all in one pkg is ez...breaky,dinner,drinks....using party rooms at motels are great for group gatherings

I will gladly walk or take a cab into the ICE HUT before we have another hair infested meal at the NAI!...yes I said HAIR...Those Oc'ers remember the Flying Dutchman's breakfast that morning...But will would possibly give it another go with new owners..MAYBE!..

The ICE HUT is in town, turn right at the ski-doo dealer, and it's down there on the left. We always take a cab in to it from the Westway. The best food and service in town IMO..

Already booked for mid Jan.......

looks like the season is off to a great start for them folks

What are you talking about! I hear the grass is green up there now with next 10 days above zero! That can't be good for them since Xmas break could be a disaster!

Ah, I just checked it out. Looks like a little creative advertising hyperbole. 20 cm of snow on the ground? Seems funny that Kenny hasn't posted any pics of that. To me, once the original owner cut down all the trees surrounding the place, it became just another motel at the side of the road.

However, they do seem eager for the snowmobile traffic, which is always a good sign. With possibly one exception, the motels in Kap could care less.

Archived