north adventure inn

saddlebagger1

yes i would like to find out . as i own a cottage in cochrane and it is full most of the time. i would like to send rest of crowd to N.A.I " if it has shaped up ".   we have a crowd heading up last week of feb , and again a couple times in march.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any reports? I saw a post (2nd hand) elsewhere on the 'net today. Sounded like a word for word repeat of what we've heard the last 2 seasons. Personally it sounded a bit dubious.

Any reports? I saw a post (2nd hand) elsewhere on the 'net today. Sounded like a word for word repeat of what we've heard the last 2 seasons. Personally it sounded a bit dubious.

Hope not 

all i have found so far   "cut and paste from another site"      not sounding very good yet     should be more replies you would think, busy up cochrane way so i am hearing.    heading that way next weekend for a  few weeks.   looks like the cold may be ending -30 as i write this BUR !!

I just returned today from a trip to timmins and cochrane. We met a group of guys that stayed there Tuesday night and none of them would stay a second night and they switched hotels. I pulled in there Wednesday on my sled and there lot was full of trucks and trailers. The restaurant is open now I see. The guys said one of there rooms had no heat at all and he slept in his riding gear, the other guys stayed in there igloo's because it's all they had and it was extremely musty. I stayed there last year for 3 days and it was ok but far from great, heated shop for the sleds was nice.

lot was full tues when we went by,hoping things would change for the better.has potential for sure

all i have found so far   "cut and paste from another site"      not sounding very good yet     should be more replies you would think, busy up cochrane way so i am hearing.    heading that way next weekend for a  few weeks.   looks like the cold may be ending -30 as i write this BUR !!

I just returned today from a trip to timmins and cochrane. We met a group of guys that stayed there Tuesday night and none of them would stay a second night and they switched hotels. I pulled in there Wednesday on my sled and there lot was full of trucks and trailers. The restaurant is open now I see. The guys said one of there rooms had no heat at all and he slept in his riding gear, the other guys stayed in there igloo's because it's all they had and it was extremely musty. I stayed there last year for 3 days and it was ok but far from great, heated shop for the sleds was nice.

That's the post I saw. Sounds pretty close (if not the same) to what was posted about it previously. I'm going to be charitable and say to take that opinion w/ a large grain of salt.

Okay, first hand.  I stayed there two nights last week.  Stayed in one of their loft suites on the night we came into cochrane parked trailer and few nights later before we trailered home.  Room was clean, beds were good with clean new sheets.  Room had been updated, but not completely redone.  Flat screen, microwave, propane fireplace.   Hot tub not open due to "not having final inspection on new lid?".  Restaurant food was standard pub fare, but I really do appreciate not having to cab it from motel to restaurant, so big plus there.  Owner and wife very nice and staff at bar were very good.  Don't think there was any beer on tap, however good selection (but not dozens) of beers.  Pool table, foosball, and two flat screens in bar area.  Breakfast good (again, I like not having to leave hotel for meals).

Has a sled garage, but we didn't use as we left sleds on trailer first night and again night before we left.  Property is right on the trail.

We're not talking Hilton, but I was happy with my stay, and I'll stay there again.  I have only stayed one other place in cochrane before, but room much better at NAI.

Again, only two nights, both in the same room, but seems to be no comparison from the horror stories of previous years with the old management.

Hope to see more reviews here to see others opinions.

Had to laugh, we called on way up on the sunday night to see if kitchen and bar still open, thinking would close by 9pm or so,  they said bar open until 2:00 am!  Amen.

thx for report rob,good to know

Thanks for the report Rob, I think I will just keep staying at the Westway, don't mind the walk to JR's, that way I can have a smoke before dinner...lol

Thanks for the report. First hand is always the best. many years ago used to always book the loft rooms they where good room to move.

Rob do you mind if I copy and paste your report on the other site?

No problem revrnd, okay to repost. I just probably put it on trip advisor as well.

Thanks for asking.

No problem revrnd, okay to repost. I should probably put it on trip advisor as well.

Thanks for asking.

Archived