Sled Lift

volunteer2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Princes auto has this one on sale now $150

great lift!

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/750-lb-snowmobile-service-lift/A-p8328270e

Don't waste your money on a princess auto lift nick. You'll have to modify it a bit to safety lift up your xp and xs. Derek's running into an issue with his new sled on the same lift. I'm leaning towards the team k-os lift. The guys out of Erin and makes a quality one. Also comes with a socket adapter so you can use a power tool to rais and lower. He has an ad on kijiji.

That's a good looking lift ... great for the home user. What's retail price of that one if you don't mind?

Looks like they are twice as much money as the princes autos lift...$325

I don't know if I like the way TEAM K-OS  tips forward when it gets close to the top.

My Apex may keep on going :o ....

The princes lift does require the owner to make the arms longer on some sleds like my friends 2011 MXZ .Works good now and on his new 2015 AC el tigre 6000 as well...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile-parts-trailer-accessories/oshawa-durham-region/ramps-lifts-bumpers-best-price/1080922099?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Sledjunk needs a car hoist to lift his ... you might be ok with one of those apeXMAN .... lol !

I have blueprints around here to make one! 

I lucked out and found one at a garage sale for $50! I plan on copying it for friends.

Thanks for the input everyone.  My BIL had the Princess lift for a 2 stroke Renegade and wasn't happy so returned it.  We were talking about the lift being the same as the Royal and all the other off shore stuff but were unsure. Any advice on this ? Buddy has a Mar-Lift and it's real good. Trying to do some research before show to make a decision. Thanks again.

I have blueprints around here to make one! 

I lucked out and found one at a garage sale for $50! I plan on copying it for friends.

Plans to build lift

http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/SledLift/SledLift.htm

Here is the one that I have.  http://www.jsjacks.com/snowmobile-lift/

I have the air powered one and it is great.  I had one of the ZZ lifts similar to the ones that Royal carries, but this is MUCH more stable.  I purchased it at the sled show in Novi a few years ago and both OF7 and Re_Leaf have purchased them as well.

In the ad on the web site, they show two people sitting on the sled on the lift.  At the show, they often sit on the APEX between customers.  There is no issue with spinning the track on this lift, or doing any maintenance.

I don't think you will find a better stand, but they are a little pricey.

^^ x2 I think this is the best stand available. Thanks SJ for recommending it.

Just a thought before getting one now, research the best one for your sled now and see if they have any at the show?? most likely get a better deal at the show..

These are the blue prints I have. When it's put together it is pretty bulky compared to the one I bought.

These are the blue prints I have. When it's put together it is pretty bulky compared to the one I bought.

I made one and its works well ...Its no bulkier then the one at princes auto. :huh:

If the Princess Auto lift is similar to this:

http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/SledLift/SledLift.htm

There is issues w/ rider forward sleds. I made 1 years ago &had to shorten the handle to clear the belly pan on the REV. It worked OK w/ my S & ZX chassis doos.

Yea I know what you mean with the handle hitting the belly pan..I took the handle off and welded a 3/8" universal joint on the end of the screw jack. Now I use my 1/2" drill to raise and lower lift..The princes lift comes with a removable long handle to extend out in front of sled.

post-21237-0-10718000-1444923218_thumb.jpg

Wasn't young Snowcrest Blake making a bunch of these in school shop class and selling them. I know he isn't doing it anymore but perhaps the school still is and he may know if they are or not.

Princes auto has this one on sale now $150

great lift!

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/750-lb-snowmobile-service-lift/A-p8328270e

Princess Auto is crap these days.  Don't buy anything you want to last...

Princess Auto is crap these days.  Don't buy anything you want to last...

You cannot buy the materials to make this for $150..

Thanks again everyone. I agree you can't buy the material to make it.  Also, at Princess  "No sale is final until you're satisfied".  I am a bit of a roll the dice guy so I got a rain check for one.  I will compare it with the Mar-Lift and maybe if needed get our neighbor/landowner to beef it up.  ( I'm a bit of a MacGyver too). One concern, which was addressed here, was having room at the front to work since the drain plug for the oil change is there.  Ruled out the Royal lift but still gonna keep doin some research.

Does the Mar -lift use a boat winch? We copied 1 that used the winch rather than the tongue jack a few years ago. Not the best design IMO. There is a lot of "forward tension" when the lift is going up. The winch frame started to bend when we were going to work on a Grand Touring. I think the tongue jack is stronger.

Thanks again everyone. I agree you can't buy the material to make it. Also, at Princess "No sale is final until you're satisfied". I am a bit of a roll the dice guy so I got a rain check for one. I will compare it with the Mar-Lift and maybe if needed get our neighbor/landowner to beef it up. ( I'm a bit of a MacGyver too). One concern, which was addressed here, was having room at the front to work since the drain plug for the oil change is there. Ruled out the Royal lift but still gonna keep doin some research.

What don't you like about the royal one?

I haven't seen it but wanted to use up some gift cards to get it.

We use to have a marlift at the shop and I though it was ok....Nothing exceptional

Archived