Advice needed on a Enclosed trailer

Nunz

Congratulations on your new trailer nunz. I use mine for camping and find it works very well.

That's one hell of a hill you have it parked on!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Easy to roll out of bed in the morning

Lol. Easy to roll out of bed in the morning

Too funny.

Trailers are great. Using ours to take yoots' furniture to Univ on Monday.  Love Guelph. Vibrant city.

Better than Kingston, where I dropped off daughter for first year and the Engineers had a banner set up as we were leaving town "Thanks for dropping off your daughters". Engineers---different than the rest of us, lol.

I am mulling the idea of using it when we go camping instead of using the tents...Has anyone here ever done the same? Just curious....

Slept in my 7'X27' trailer once when I went down to the States to pick up a couple of used sleds.  It was fine but surprisingly cold.  I had my winter sleeping bag that I've used down to -40 but I guess an aluminum box suspended a couple feet in the air so the cold can circulate underneath sucks the heat out of anything.  If the weather is at all cold (it was just below freezing) you might want to consider insulation and a heat source.

Slept in my 7'X27' trailer once when I went down to the States to pick up a couple of used sleds. It was fine but surprisingly cold. I had my winter sleeping bag that I've used down to -40

but I guess an aluminum box suspended a

couple feet in the air so the cold can circulate

underneath sucks the heat out of anything. If

the weather is at all cold (it was just below

freezing) you might want to consider insulation

and a heat source.

I always thought about bringing an electric heater along with a small portable generator.

I found out an interesting bit of information today. Last week I found that the hinges on the man door of my trailer had seized up over the summer. A week ago Monday I went to open the man door and got it open about 3 inches and stopped rather than force it. I pushed it closed and latched it. This morning I picked up some Moovit from Bill to free up the hinges. Got home and sprayed the hinges all down and waited. When I went to open the door it swung open easily. There are three hinges on the door. The top one was now moving freely. The bottom two however had broken. I guess the torque on the aluminum of the hinges while it sat eventually cracked and broke the metal.

A call to the distributor who put me in touch with the manufacturer who told me they are bringing a whole lot of replacement hinges to the October sled show. I can't wait until then and need to fix it now. They have a recall on them and if I took it to them they would fix it but it's farther than I have time to travel. She put me in touch with Michael at Challenger Door who apparently makes the hinges for my trailer as well as a large number of others including Triton. He is sending me replacement hinges and sent me a link to a video on how to replace them the easy way.

It seems that the hinge pin is not compatible with the aluminum and that combined with the natural corrosion from the salt and brine they put on the roads have made this a real problem on a huge number of trailers.

If you go to open your man door or gas door and find it tight don't even try to open it a few inches. I sure wish I didn't...

I found out an interesting bit of information today. Last week I found that the hinges on the man door of my trailer had seized up over the summer. A week ago Monday I went to open the man door and got it open about 3 inches and stopped rather than force it. I pushed it closed and latched it. This morning I picked up some Moovit from Bill to free up the hinges. Got home and sprayed the hinges all down and waited. When I went to open the door it swung open easily. There are three hinges on the door. The top one was now moving freely. The bottom two however had broken. I guess the torque on the aluminum of the hinges while it sat eventually cracked and broke the metal.

A call to the distributor who put me in touch with the manufacturer who told me they are bringing a whole lot of replacement hinges to the October sled show. I can't wait until then and need to fix it now. They have a recall on them and if I took it to them they would fix it but it's farther than I have time to travel. She put me in touch with Michael at Challenger Door who apparently makes the hinges for my trailer as well as a large number of others including Triton. He is sending me replacement hinges and sent me a link to a video on how to replace them the easy way.

It seems that the hinge pin is not compatible with the aluminum and that combined with the natural corrosion from the salt and brine they put on the roads have made this a real problem on a huge number of trailers.

If you go to open your man door or gas door and find it tight don't even try to open it a few inches. I sure wish I didn't...

It will work out do not come unhinged 

It will work out do not come unhinged

Good play on words. Yup... I know it will... just thought it prudent to let people know so they can be aware that there is a recall on the hinges that are on most of the 2014 / 2015 trailers out there depending on when it was made. Better to get replacement hinges ordered and swapped out proactive then reactive

Too funny.

Trailers are great. Using ours to take yoots' furniture to Univ on Monday.  Love Guelph. Vibrant city.

Better than Kingston, where I dropped off daughter for first year and the Engineers had a banner set up as we were leaving town "Thanks for dropping off your daughters". Engineers---different than the rest of us, lol.

appears you have two yoots?

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you will find lots of friendly banter and new sled friends here.

Beware of the critters!!!

you are one!

PKB.gif

I purchased Triton brand new ...fantastic trailer ..love it .

Welcome aboard NiagaraSnow. The building in the background of your avatar looks oddly familiar. 

Deerhurst?

Rosseau Marriott? (only visited in summer - hope to sled there this winter)

Great pic.

Welcome aboard NiagaraSnow. The building in the background of your avatar looks oddly familiar. 

Deerhurst?

Rosseau Marriott? (only visited in summer - hope to sled there this winter)

Great pic.

I hear that the Marriot has a breakfast included special. The rooms have a kitchenette and the fridges are stocked with breaky needs. You could get ms canuck to cook breakfast for you and the boys!

I heard Ms Canuck prefers Deerhurst. No cooking to be done in the room there.

I hear that the Marriot has a breakfast included special. The rooms have a kitchenette and the fridges are stocked with breaky needs. You could get ms canuck to cook breakfast for you and the boys!

Great place, trust me, Mrs Nunz works there...lol...

• 1 month later...

I have a Neo from Action Trailers outside London. seems to be very good quality. Action had great prices and a wide assortment

I wanted to move this topic up. My buddy is looking for a trailer and is considering the Action product. He doesn't follow the forum but now I will get him on board. He has done some research and seams to be leaning this way. Any more advice is always helpful. Thanks again 

I've used the Triton that we bought a couple times and love it, our Escape has no problems pulling it.

I know nothing about action product. Lightning is a feasible option compared to triton and Annie at Saunders camping service sells them at great prices. He may have a demo to sell this time of year. worth a look too.

I heard Ms Canuck prefers Deerhurst. No cooking to be done in the room there.

I missed these comments until thread brought to life. I've owned a Blizzard enclosed for a number of years and like it. One thing to look for is the gap at the top of the ramp(s). The Blizzard's is wide - snow and ice accumulate, making the door hard to close. You simply have to remove the buildup with a broom - but other manufacturers are neater in this area. Great trailer - if the measure is would you buy again? Yes.

As for the side discussion ... All 3 of these places support snowmobiling - the 2 Marriott's on Muskoka Lakes [Rosseau (Minett), Gravenhurst] as well as Deerhurst (supplied fuel a wee bit after closing last year. Yoot heard the sleds pull up and came out). 

Ms Canuck has simple tastes - 4 walls and heat. Jury's out on whether she enjoyed sleeping on a 25 boat at the dock of the Rosseau Marriott. I suspect she might have preferred this view 

post-19774-0-98918500-1446815147_thumb.jpg

John, u should have let me know, Karen would have helped u guys out

I missed these comments until thread brought to life. I've owned a Blizzard enclosed for a number of years and like it. One thing to look for is the gap at the top of the ramp(s). The Blizzard's is wide - snow and ice accumulate, making the door hard to close. You simply have to remove the buildup with a broom - but other manufacturers are neater in this area. Great trailer - if the measure is would you buy again? Yes.

As for the side discussion ... All 3 of these places support snowmobiling - the 2 Marriott's on Muskoka Lakes [Rosseau (Minett), Gravenhurst] as well as Deerhurst (supplied fuel a wee bit after closing last year. Yoot heard the sleds pull up and came out). 

Ms Canuck has simple tastes - 4 walls and heat. Jury's out on whether she enjoyed sleeping on a 25 boat at the dock of the Rosseau Marriott. I suspect she might have preferred this view 

attachicon.gifThe-Rosseau.jpg

The gap between the bed and the ramp is because of the thickness (strength) of the ramp. The more robust the ramp the larger the gap as the recess to close flush need be larger. At least that is my perception from comparing against others, I always have a broom in the trailer regardless, The other thing I do to avoid carbides scraping up the aluminum at the edges of the ramp and the bed where the ski guides don't cover is a piece of black plastic plumbing pipe. I pop it into the gap and the ski / carbide ride up and past the gap without any opportunity to catch anything.

When I bought my Blizzard I looked long and hard at the show getting down on the floor looking at the frame, size, tubular/C channel, clean welds, wire routing, and so much more, Even was the plywood on the inside wall caulked where it met the floor. Some weren't

Thanks Nunz. Appreciate it. 

02Sled - I met the owner of Blizzard at the Toronto Sled Show. She knows her stuff - pointed out the alloy issue/ "fix" to Sledjunk and me. Good point re crawling under the various models. A variety of 'shortcuts' are evident by simply getting under the trailer. Thick aluminum vs thin; quality of welds.

Archived