Gaspésie - Voyage Motoneige de Toute Une Vie – Chapter FOUR (IV)

SlowTouringGuy

Gaspésie - Voyage Motoneige de Toute Une Vie – Chapter FOUR (IV)

Previous Episodes:

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14460-gaspésie-voyage-motoneige-de-toute-une-vie-–-prologue/

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14482-gaspésie-voyage-motoneige-de-toute-une-vie-–-chapter-one-i/

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14500-gaspésie-voyage-motoneige-de-toute-une-vie-–-chapter-two-ii/

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14584-gaspésie-voyage-motoneige-de-toute-une-vie-–-chapter-three-iii/        NEW PICTURES ADDED TO CHAPTER THREE !! 

Chapitre Quatre/Jour Quatre/le quatrième episode

Mesdames et Messieurs

les garçons et les filles

des enfants de tous les âges

Bonjour, Canada, et les amateurs de hockey aux États-Unis et à Terre-Neuve

La leçon d'aujourd'hui:

“Abaissement”     -     Where the furnace is. 

Today we leave the scenic village of Percé and follow a “somewhat” clockwise route on TQ5 along the Golfe, by the ZEC de la Grande-Rivière, then onto Regional Trail 597 through La réserve écologique de la Grand, réserve faunique de la Rivière-Saint-Jean, ZEC de la Rivière-York, the former mining town of Murdochville, continuing on 597 to rejoin TQ5 and cross Mont Louis encore but this time in a more westerly direction.  We settled the day back in the village of Mont-Saint-Pierre where we had lunched on Day 2. 

We stopped for gas in the Grande-Rivière area before climbing on RT 597 and, again, in Murdochville. 

Lunch was in Murdochville at the Hotel Copper.  On a previous trip we had stayed overnight at The Copper and it appears from this trip’s visit the Hotel has enjoyed some renovation.  At least in the common areas.

Regional Trail 597 between TQ5 in the Grande-Rivière area and Murdochville is approximately 140 kilometers.  A long portion of that stretch is also referred to as “Piston Alley”.   :-)

Coming out of Percé we were treated to that short section of ungroomed trail but it was much easier on the beginning of day body than on yesterday’s end of day body.  The next 40 km of trail was a little choppy. It is close to big water and open field with lots of opportunity for wind swept sections.

We were greeted by  a blue-sky day.  Minus 30 on departure, high winds and drifting snow.  Once we turned inland the trails were magnifique for the entire rest of day ride. 

Our overnight was at The Motel-Restaurant Le Délice in Mont-Sainte-Pierre. Le Délice is a typical ‘highway motel’ type of place – a number of rooms in a row with parking at your door and a registration/restaurant area at one end.  Two couples ended up it what was touted as The Condo unit which was a two storey affair with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a large common area with kitchen facilities.  The restaurant was sufficient but it was a step down from the days of fine dining we’d experienced to date. 

http://www.audelice.com/

The motel web-site, above, has some good pix of the area in the ‘photo gallery’ section.  

And………………………away we go ! ………………………………….

IMG_3743_zps9qiahpco.jpg

IMG_3744_zpskymvwrxa.jpg

Allée de piston

P3032699_zpsvk6t2f13.jpg

P3032700_zpsi6qeeq3p.jpg

P3032701_zps0eye68sg.jpg

A Warm-Up Shack Commentary on Trail Conditions !  

IMG-20150303-01622_zpsdkedbcju.jpg

IMG-20150303-01623_zpsi3dw3r3t.jpg

IMG-20150303-01624_zpsrtndamhd.jpg

IMG-20150303-01625_zps5qrqjnk3.jpg

“Je ne sais Pas”     -     Don’t tell Dad ! 

Tomorrow’s loop will take us on another clockwise loop through some more spectacular countryside – I hope you join us. 

‘till the next time …………..

…………..à la prochaine ………………………………

Yet another great job, STG...I just never get tired of revisiting these Gaspe pics.

Again, we should have taken more pics on Day 4, too...but here's some of the few we did take, to add to the mix:

1.  Oops!!!...a little unplanned "off-trail" excursion by one of the Yammies...(the pilot shall remain nameless...LOL)

post-19727-0-00995600-1427916617_thumb.j

2.  Some of the group ordering lunch in the recently-renovated Hotel Copper in Murdochville

post-19727-0-32351400-1427916725_thumb.j

3. & 4.  Views of the village of Mont-Louis, from lookout on our way back up to Mont-Saint-Pierre

post-19727-0-29152000-1427916958_thumb.j

post-19727-0-60728500-1427917075_thumb.j 

I ride a black one.

However, she wags riding number 2 when we came across a very drifted section.   Got a little out of shape and got sucked into the powder.  I watched her go off in my mirrors.

You can see the blowing snow as we came into the clearing.

IMG00539_thm_zpsyni1ziss.jpg

IMG00541_thm_zps53ywzwjf.jpg

Les photos sont increable. Merci

Breath taking views!  Inspiring!....despite the fact that they have a different word for everything, receive 65 billion in transfer payments and complain about increases to the $7 a day daycare they enjoy, I am almost tempted to consider a tour through there...thanks. I think. :-)

Breath taking views!  Inspiring!....despite the fact that they have a different word for everything, receive 65 billion in transfer payments and complain about increases to the $7 a day daycare they enjoy, I am almost tempted to consider a tour through there...thanks. I think. :-)

not to worry wynne will soon get us there too 

Je suis pas certain que mon cœur sera capable de endurer les images incroyable que on peu voir dans ce coin .... Gaspé est un beauté spectaculaire et c'est voisin du Nord de ou mon père est née, en Nouveau Brunswick .... du très beau paysage certain !!!

Je suis pas certain que mon cœur sera capable de endurer les images incroyable que on peu voir dans ce coin .... Gaspé est un beauté spectaculaire et c'est voisin du Nord de ou mon père est née, en Nouveau Brunswick .... du très beau paysage certain !!!

LOL...Denis, here's how Google Translator (GT) interpreted your comments above:

"I'm not sure my heart will be able to endure incredible images we see in this little corner .... Gaspé is a spectacularly beautiful and it's northern neighbor, or my father was born in New Brunswick ... . the beautiful scenery sure !!!"  

Guess we know not to trust GT for accurate verbatim translations... :lmao:

Not that bad actually !!!  So I guess you couldn't read it ? lol !

Not that bad actually !!!  So I guess you couldn't read it ? lol !

Actually, I could understand enough to get the gist of what you were saying...my rusty high school French does eventually come back to me a bit.  But I was curious to see exactly how GT would translate it, and now we know not to rely on it totally.

great pics & report as usual...thx

Piston Alley, now that is a nice trail.  Well they all are really.

Awesome Report STG. Looks like you had great weather for your trip. We always struggle when we get to Murdockville. Piston alley is like a magnetic force pulling you  to the north. The other side is trail 80 that runs west from Murdockville through the mountains. If you have a sunny morning and a bit of new snow there isn't  anywhere much more spectacular than that trail IMO. Once you get to LaCache, you can either go south for about 95 miles (I think) to New Richmond on a trail that appears to be a 2 lane road groomed to go  or head north back to TQ5. It's tough to work it all in during one trip but it's all worth riding at least once.

Awesome Report STG. Looks like you had great weather for your trip. We always struggle when we get to Murdockville. Piston alley is like a magnetic force pulling you  to the north. The other side is trail 80 that runs west from Murdockville through the mountains. If you have a sunny morning and a bit of new snow there isn't  anywhere much more spectacular than that trail IMO. Once you get to LaCache, you can either go south for about 95 miles (I think) to New Richmond on a trail that appears to be a 2 lane road groomed to go  or head north back to TQ5. It's tough to work it all in during one trip but it's all worth riding at least once.

Indeed ! Speaking of LaCache, look for news of that in Chapter 5. :-)

Archived