Warts and All

Claire Voyant

Don't understand why the topic about the groomer operator drinking beer has been locked. The discussion was obviously opening up some secondary topics for debate (idling groomers, etc.).

Yes, we don't want to condemn someone in social media before all the facts are gathered, but smellybox seemed to have a good grasp on the situation he was seeing.

I've witnessed many riders drinking multiple beers at a local clubhouse. Perhaps the topic touched a nerve for some people.

It's been unlocked.

Don't understand why the topic about the groomer operator drinking beer has been locked. The discussion was obviously opening up some secondary topics for debate (idling groomers, etc.).

Yes, we don't want to condemn someone in social media before all the facts are gathered, but smellybox seemed to have a good grasp on the situation he was seeing.

I've witnessed many riders drinking multiple beers at a local clubhouse. Perhaps the topic touched a nerve for some people.

In that case a thread could be started pertaining to that matter. And no a nerve wasn't touched. I felt that the OP had taken steps to contact the club. If you guys want to continue to comment on the subject go ahead.

OP = Original Poster.  In this case, Smellybox.

Hey Xvolunteer.. Agreed, that's why it was unlocked.. What has always amazed me is how much beer is being drank on the trails.. Almost every time I see a sled a sled in a tree or the brush, they guys are standing there with a beer.. There`s a lot more alcohol being consumed on the trails than anyone could imagine imo... Talking about it can only help.. imo  Happy Trails.. Rick

Hey Xvolunteer.. Agreed, that's why it was unlocked.. What has always amazed me is how much beer is being drank on the trails.. Almost every time I see a sled a sled in a tree or the brush, they guys are standing there with a beer.. There`s a lot more alcohol being consumed on the trails than anyone could imagine imo... Talking about it can only help.. imo  Happy Trails.. Rick

You have not seen anything until you see the amount of beer drank at warming huts outs here

Sure glad I ride mid week and mostly off trail during mid season

I have no issue with a beer at lunch but some guys just get plastered and they have kids with them

You have not seen anything until you see the amount of beer drank at warming huts outs here

I have no issue with a beer at lunch but some guys just get plastered and they have kids with them

Sad but true :(

I was out one year right at the end of the season (running almost as much dirt as snow)

I managed to fill a Costco sleigh with empties, some where old but still filled the sleigh up.

A couple of weeks ago the OPP were in Port Severn on a Sunday morning. They loaded a sled on a flat bed tow truck... the snowmobiler was impaired. Wasn't even lunch time...I have heard of liquid lunch and liquid dinner but are people having liquid breakfast now as well.

A couple of weeks ago the OPP were in Port Severn on a Sunday morning. They loaded a sled on a flat bed tow truck... the snowmobiler was impaired. Wasn't even lunch time...I have heard of liquid lunch and liquid dinner but are people having liquid breakfast now as well.

This is a common issue.  Still drunk from the night before.  When the night goes on until the we hours of the morning, a few hours of sleep is not sobering....

This is a common issue. Still drunk from the night before. When the night goes on until the we hours of the morning, a few hours of sleep is not sobering....

This was not a case of still being drunk. Staggering everywhere.... Drove his sled the same way. He got pulled over coming out of the petro can...

Archived