Bluesky Marine

volunteer2

I didn't think to look. That is terrible news since they were fairly new owners and had been real fair with their pricing that I was aware of. Look around the area and look for the "smoking gun"

Yes it's true. APPARENTLY skidoo was taking heat from Vincent's in ayr since blue sky got the BRP that it was to close. I also heard that they didn't sell enough new sleds(mid 60s) this year. And that skidoo is wanting more output. Basically comparing to the states where some places could sell 200 in a season. Again I haven't talked to Steffan or Shane in a while but that's what I've been hearing

The same thing happened to a skidoo dealer in Dorset.  He explained that BRP removed all of their small dealers or ones that didn't sell more than the minimum of an outrageous 1 million dollars. How can a small dealer sell 100+ sleds in a season. Now, they have a few huge dealers. 

It is too bad! This skidoo dealer was formally wagner small engines about 15 years ago, before bring sold and chained to blue sky and moved across the corner and down the street about half a km. We have had a skidoo dealer for as long as I have been alive. Even Wagner would only sell about 50 to 70 sleds a season.

Now I will have to go to St mary's! (hope they

aren't next, since they sell around 60 sleds a

season too I believe) Polaris did this to a pile of dealers too, that wouldn't take enough inventory! Use to be 3 poo dealers within 20 mins of me. Now we have only one left.

The same thing happened to a skidoo dealer in Dorset.  He explained that BRP removed all of their small dealers or ones that didn't sell more than the minimum of an outrageous 1 million dollars. How can a small dealer sell 100+ sleds in a season. Now, they have a few huge dealers. 

This is nothing new... they have had minimum numbers in place for years. Sturgeon Point Marine in Wasaga Beach used to be a skidoo dealer. Quite a few years ago it was one of those years where there was essentially no snow and he sold virtually no sleds. BRP came to him the next year and told him he had to take more sleds that year than he did the year before. He told them how he still had almost all of the prior year inventory and couldn't take that much. They told him too bad. He told them forget it. He didn't make much selling sleds anyhow. He quit selling sleds and stuck to boats, seadoos and repairs..

Not only doo. Most big corporations are doing this. Look at the car companies Alves motors up here sold VW about 20-25 of them a year since the fifties Vdub came to them and told them to stock 100  cars or you are done now vdub has no servicing dealer for over an hour away. GM cut half their dealers. The companies want super dealers not the mom and pop shop that got them to where they are.

When it comes to service Stef will still be the one I turn to no matter what brand it is. He is very knowledgeable and wants to work with his customers. Hopefully they can get back into selling sleds once again.

That really sucks,bought my last 2 sleds from them,60 sleds is better than nothing.Steffan fixed me up on my sled that he didn't sell to me .The old owner didn't want to fix it for warranty.

That really sucks,bought my last 2 sleds from them,60 sleds is better than nothing.Steffan fixed me up on my sled that he didn't sell to me .The old owner didn't want to fix it for warranty.

Service like that from the little guy that build the brand image

whether it be a dealer or a general service provider, I like to find someone I can feel comfortable with and build a long term relationship based on trust. Basically I like to be able to go in and say.... "it's broken, fix it please" and leave knowing I won't get anything I don't  need at a price fair to me and fair to the business and that I will get a recommendation on things that are coming close to needing. I have had my share of rip off places and don't go back. Once I find one I trust I stick to it.

This is too bad. I've purchased my last 5 sleds from Shane,never once left the place feeling i received sub par service.macintosh power in st Mary's is a good option for our area. Dealt with them also and good to deal with just have to drive further .Sure hope their not next.

Bluesky's website stated that they were sold out of Ski-Doo last month.  So how is it that a Dealer that sells out of the product that was forced down their throat, now gets their dealership pulled?  This is just pure bullying by the Quebec Corporation.

Bluesky is a stand up business that has exceeded many peoples expectations.  This is exactly the type of people you want selling your product! 

SHAME ON YOU BRP! 

For those of you that would like to write to BRP, I suggest you go straight to the top!

José Boisjoli, President and Chief Executive Officer

For all the dealers that have served our industry well and treated us with respect and care, I encourage you to write to José and voice your opinion about BRP and its tactics,

Enough is Enough!

Well said Domino. Thanks for the email info for them. I will be putting in a disappointed word. I used to work with Shane years ago. Him and steph don't deserve this that's for sure.

Just a stand up ma and pa business that help build a company to what they are today and they dump them like a piece of trash.

IMO small towns ontario still need these types of establishments. They keep the wheels rolling as far as I'm concerned....

Well said Domino. Thanks for the email info for them. I will be putting in a disappointed word. I used to work with Shane years ago. Him and steph don't deserve this that's for sure.

Just a stand up ma and pa business that help build a company to what they are today and they dump them like a piece of trash.

IMO small towns ontario still need these types of establishments. They keep the wheels rolling as far as I'm concerned....

Maybe we all can sign a team petition! They use to let snow surfers club use there office as a meeting room place! I really enjoy going there for service and parts! They always sold a good number of units every year! Shame on skidoo!

just sent my email off to them...

They will just shred them! I will give brp booth heck when I go to sledding show!

They will just shred them! I will give brp booth heck when I go to sledding show!

Yeah, like that is really gonna help, what like in 7 months. You seem to be on the internet enough so spent another 2 minutes to send an email. I haven't even delt with them and will send the email. Thank you  Domino

You can be assured that José will get your email.  I have received a response from him in the past.  Often the CEO has not idea what games that sales department is up to. 

Bluesky's website stated that they were sold out of Ski-Doo last month.  So how is it that a Dealer that sells out of the product that was forced down their throat, now gets their dealership pulled?  This is just pure bullying by the Quebec Corporation.

Bluesky is a stand up business that has exceeded many peoples expectations.  This is exactly the type of people you want selling your product! 

SHAME ON YOU BRP! 

Talking to a former long term 'doo dealer employee (before & after the spin off) a couple of years ago. He said that there was a huge cultural change afterwards and not for the good. I think Bain Capital is still the majority owner w/ a 50% stake in BRP. All they are concerned w/ is the bottom line. I bet most of those principals have never been on a snowmobile.

All these "mega" dealers are great, but what if you have an issue in Armpit, Ontario? Buy your sled in the GTA but the sled is up in cottage country w/ no dealer support.

Look @ the situation in Huntsville, the closest dealer is either Northland or Giesler's. Mind you Lakeland's move to Dwight probably didn't help.

I always liked skidoo,,since there was pretty much a dealer in every major town. This was a huge plus for them. Now that they are number one, they are forgetting how they got there. I have sent an email and hope it helps to preserve the remaining small town dealers. I wonder how many units they sell up there in Hearst?

We sold 60 all last season (we sold sleds thru March), and are well past that already.  We've only got a MXz 600 carb left on the floor, everything else is sold.  We've gone out to get about a dozen sleds, above & beyond what we had in stock.  

They won't shut us down, we sell more than half the local market share of all 4 brands that are here.  AND we sell a boatload of accessories too.

Archived