good news from cochrane

cookster

taken from pbrsc facebook page,    " Stay tuned tomorrow. May have a groomer heading out on the A trail to start building a trail:)"   looks like it is that time of the year,  yee haw love  late dec early jan  at the cottage.

I saw that ... if only they can get it going up around Kap and Hearst ...

Me and my bud are ready for a Christmas break ride in Cochrane , the Polar bear FB page is more up to date that that OFSC thingy

Me and my bud are ready for a Christmas break ride in Cochrane , the Polar bear FB page is more up to date that that OFSC thingy

That should not be it is the responsibility of each club and district to keep their section up to date 

That should not be it is the responsibility of each club and district to keep their section up to date 

I thought so myself , in past seasons though I would be riding less if I waited for the OFSC site to update

In our district, the clubs report to the district and they (one person, AFAIK) then update for the district.

And it has to be done twice a week. How much more often do you need it?

That is minimum but it can be updated more often if condition changes or problems warrant it. That assumes the people that have the ability to make the changes are available to do it.

My point was that this could be an explanation for a club's FB page updated ahead of the OFSC page.

I'm sure a few days delay is normal at least that's what I've seen in my area.

Some minor trail packing to report in Kirkland Lake as well.  Groomers are all tuned up and a few major issues taken care of to keep the fleet in tip-top shape, not cheap even with all the volunteer work from local shop owners and club members.

I saw that ... if only they can get it going up around Kap and Hearst ...

Got to get groomer guy to Move to hearst!

Got to get groomer guy to Move to hearst!

lol !  I got the online groomer operator course e-mail from the club exec yesterday.  I'll go through that and see if I get any calls to run the groomer....

lol !  I got the online groomer operator course e-mail from the club exec yesterday.  I'll go through that and see if I get any calls to run the groomer....

"denis the groomer" has a nice ring to it.

"denis the groomer" has a nice ring to it.

LOL, thanks !!!  I'm sure I can screw it up right proper on the first ride out !!!

I guess someone had a machine out recently, here's a pic of L159 just North of Hearst.  Broke up the surface crud, now nice and solid.  At least a couple of days old, this looks like concrete !!!

1499002_769692426389647_1008495774_o.jpg

-27*c this morning in cochrane, this should freeze thing up nice.  pbrsc facebook page looks sweet and very promising, sounds like the A trail is or just about groomed past my cottage. come on dec 27th.

Update ----- Hearst to Val Cote is Limited, along with a loop up to the Marina and back along 583N.  The same loop goes up and over to Mattice, they've stopped at the river crossing.  

There's enough for an afternoon ride !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good day to watch some movies, a tad to chilly to ride today.  -36 feels like -44 Burr.   the skidoo 4 strokes fired up no problems thou, just hade to try em.  so far trails not bad for this time of year they only get better and better up here.

Archived