THE "R" WORD

polarisracing1

If you look at the forecast for example North Bay, it does not look too bad..

What are you talking about?

It was -22C two days ago and it was +5C here today and I was working on my trailer with no jacket.

Calling for +6 & +7C on the weekend with rain and not even freezing at night.

Disastrous - just got Trout Lake staked and 100 hours of packing completed.

Terribly discouraging - this could be worse than last year.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you talking about?

It was -22C two days ago and it was +5C here today and I was working on my trailer with no jacket.

Calling for +6 & +7C on the weekend with rain and not even freezing at night.

Disastrous - just got Trout Lake staked and 100 hours of packing completed.

Terribly discouraging - this could be worse than last year.

Forecast changed from what i HAD SEEN.. Thanks though..

Don't feel bad, I got caught the same way.

I was planning on opening our trails on Thursday as Trout Lake was staked on the weekend and we felt we were good to go, not great, but enough to go Limited.

I never checked the weather and this afternoon, I was in a shirt and no jacket. The forecast looks real bad.

Got to love the azzhats on TV cheering the unseasonably warm weather in the winter. Then on the other hand they cry & moan about global warming/climate change being the end of civilization as we know it. Well folks, you can't have it both ways.

It's Canada, it's winter & it gets cold & snowy, so get used to it.

That is until the weather gets unseasonably hot in the summer and they piss and moan about the heat! Ugh! Weather whiners!

+1 in Hearst at 7am, our forecasted high for today is +1. Only the snow on the streets will melt up here. Feeling good for our trails if it stays cloudy at this temp.

Went for a 10 km family ride last night, the 4 of us with the kids in the Ski Boose. Like the mild temps for that, kids don't bitch & whine they're frozen before clearing the end of the driveway.

good to know denis..it looks as by todays forecast,at least for here not as much rain just cloud..time will tell....good luck...i truly hope the base sticks,and cold and blizzards return..the sledders deserve this after a series of low snow,years!

They could leave. I would be ok with that.

Me too.

To hear the whiners carry on, our winters here in southern Ontario are only about 3 degrees warmer than Siberia. Suck it up princess.

That is until the weather gets unseasonably hot in the summer and they piss and moan about the heat! Ugh! Weather whiners!

And the humidity.

Maybe they can move to Australia. Just have to deal w/ fires & flooding down there.

My apologies to anyone w/ Aussie connections. What we deal w/ in Canada weatherwise is minor compared to what other parts of the world has to deal w/. We probably see in 1 year the same number of tornadoes that a state in Tornado alley sees in a month. I'd rather see snow than a twister. Our woodlot got hit in '06, lots of trees down, but no property damage.

And the humidity.

Maybe they can move to Australia. Just have to deal w/ fires & flooding down there.

My apologies to anyone w/ Aussie connections. What we deal w/ in Canada weatherwise is minor compared to what other parts of the world has to deal w/. We probably see in 1 year the same number of tornadoes that a state in Tornado alley sees in a month. I'd rather see snow than a twister. Our woodlot got hit in '06, lots of trees down, but no property damage.

I keep telling people if they don't like snow they should move to Windsor. It's on the same parallel as California!

Feels like kw is in Windsor lately.

i choose to stay positive, have seen all types of winters in my 35 years of riding

going to be +13 C saturday so make use of it

im thinking boat show, then dinner out,

Not a bad way to spend a rainy saturday

Should be some good boating / fishing on Lake Simcoe this weekend.

:angry-smiley-005:

Should be some good boating / fishing on Lake Simcoe this weekend.

:angry-smiley-005:

You buying a boat on Friday night that will allow 20 of us to go fishing on Saturday.

By Saturday our trails will be in shutdown mode I think, but we aren't getting the rain and mild temps like southern Ontario. Calling for 15 to 20 on the 16 and 20 to 30cms on the 17. Fingers crossed. Worst comes to worse I can head to the highlands if need be but that is a last resort.

If I had the time, outside my own business, I would start up a trailer business.

"If I had the time, outside my own business, I would start up a trailer business."

or try opening a B and B in cochrane, or a parking lot for trucks and trailers. :)

You buying a boat on Friday night that will allow 20 of us to go fishing on Saturday.

Probably a tugboat! :rotflmao:

"If I had the time, outside my own business, I would start up a trailer business."

or try opening a B and B in cochrane, or a parking lot for trucks and trailers. :)

that is the entrepreneurial spirit! Make Hay while it rains

Holey crap, I'm busier than a 3-peckered rooster in a hen house ... don't need any more at the moment !!!!!!

I guess everyone has forgot that it always warms up and rains the first week of January in Ontario.

Winter will be back fear not.

I guess everyone has forgot that it always warms up and rains the first week of January in Ontario.

Winter will be back fear not.

X2! Thank You!!

We're going to need more than winter here. Were down to dirt!

RR

Hey maybe if we get enough rain to wash down the roads Friday,I can get my motorcycle out Saturday for a ride! :poke2:

Hey maybe if we get enough rain to wash down the roads Friday,I can get my motorcycle out Saturday for a ride! :poke2:

Ya rain and +9 Saturday and sunny and +5 on Sunday. Been a few years since I rode the bike in January.

Archived