THE "R" WORD

polarisracing1

Streets are dry and salt free downtown Toronto today, so I rode the motorcycle in to work. Much rather be snowmobiling though, I was really looking forward to my first ride of the season this weekend. Going to push the trip to the cottage ahead a week or, two. Still think we'll have a good season after we get through this forcasted warm temps & rain. As many of you have mentioned, this seems to happen every year, and can be followed by some great Feb & March riding.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Streets are dry and salt free downtown Toronto today, so I rode the motorcycle in to work.

What happened to the last guy who wrote a post like this in January?

:rolleyes:

What happened to the last guy who wrote a post like this in January?

:rolleyes:

What guy? :evil2:

You know, I was thinking about gender when typing that, lol.

Pretty sure "Ted" uses the hombre bathroom.

Were you the "guy" riding a bike in year's past? :oops:

You know, I was thinking about gender when typing that, lol.

Pretty sure "Ted" uses the hombre bathroom.

Were you the "guy" riding a bike in year's past? :oops:

Unfortunately not....don't have a bike. :(

Well I think mother nature is basically having a hissy fit. Winters are definently different the last number of years and like it or not sledding is a shortened season. That said not certain how folks can complain about the cost of a trail permit. Tells me that these folks do not understand how the system is operated and maintained. It's a bargain when all facts are considered and many people put in tons of volunteer hours for us to enjoy. The ones that crack me up the most are folks who buy expensive sleds, add expensive accessories then moan about the price of a permit. If all the work that was done on trails was completed by folks earning money permits would be about $2k a season. The weather is out of everyone's control but we will all feel the pinch from that.

On the boat front I feel like I'm getting it there too from mother nature. Where did the 7 ft of water go from Georgian Bay. Have had to keep adding dock the last few years and it's up to 110 ft but water keeps going down and at current levels won't be enough. As level out that far plateau's for a 1/4 mile no option to extend. Need a new boat but won't be buying one or it would sit around like my new sled :). Of course will still go to show and look but hopefully not buy (didn't listen to myself on the new sled though) Downside is that all a sled needs a quick blast of snow and good to go. Filling up Georgian Bay? may not live long enough to see the way things are going. Could trailer or dock at Marina (that has been dredged) but defeats reason for living on the bay. I know wahh wahh wahh, ok rant for today done.......

Unfortunately not....don't have a bike. :(

:rotflmao:

Here is the reason for the warm up. It's the OPP's fault! :lol:

http://us1.campaign-...f8&e=4c0734b520

Much easier to arrive home safe if you can't leave in the first place!

Here is the reason for the warm up. It's the OPP's fault! :lol:

8&e=4c0734b520'>http://us1.campaign-

...f8&e=4c0734b520

Much easier to arrive home safe if you can't leave in the first place!

There will be drunks out riding this weekend for sure. Can't wait for a big rescue on lake simcoe on Saturday. Guranteed people will want to fish in shorts.

wow Freezy, you do have some cold temps commin. maybe they'll come further east too. ski

http://www.weather.c...g+CAXX0547:1:CA

:hyper: BLIZZARD WARNING now for tomorrow :drool2: 20-30cm winds up to 70kph

The XCR is ready to rock too :D:ph34r::woot:

590x393_01101924_acc.jpg

WINTER FAIL HERE,EVERYTHINGS GONE(WHAT LITTLE WE HAD)....ALL MELTED WITH OUT ANY RAIN,SNOW THEY WERE CALLING FOR NEXT WEEK NO MORE....FAIL.......SAW A TON OF SLEDS FOR SALE TODAY AT THE END OF PEOPLES DRIVEWAYS......WINTERS ARE NOT THE SAME ANYMORE!!!

WINTER FAIL HERE,EVERYTHINGS GONE(WHAT LITTLE WE HAD)....ALL MELTED WITH OUT ANY RAIN,SNOW THEY WERE CALLING FOR NEXT WEEK NO MORE....FAIL.......SAW A TON OF SLEDS FOR SALE TODAY AT THE END OF PEOPLES DRIVEWAYS......WINTERS ARE NOT THE SAME ANYMORE!!!

Seems like we are struggling to get enough snow to ride one day here in d5. Got in 125km so far on my own property and down the hydro line here. I didn't ride on the ofsc trails until feb 21 last year. My last ride was in Kearny for a few days in early march, before the big early melt came. Hopefully we get some snow soon.

i have 2 kilometres on my sled going around my block with my boy,then by-law stopped me and said,they could fine me for driving down the walkpath behind my house....unreal...i cant win...lol

Supposed to be +7 and rain here on the weekend , good thing I spent that $1000 on a new track and bearings , it looks so shiney in the garage :lmao:

I see a motorcycle In my future...

Calling for +8 now for Saturday, +4 overnight Friday, with rain both days. In HEARST !!!!! Mother Nature is definitely into menopause, hot flashes and shivers .....

Calling for +8 now for Saturday, +4 overnight Friday, with rain both days. In HEARST !!!!! Mother Nature is definitely into menopause, hot flashes and shivers .....

That will really set your trails up nice and hard. Will make the base hold the snow longer Into the spring. Wish we could keep a base though a mild spell.

id be estatic just to see a trail open here locally for 1 day...just 1 day.......within 40 k from me....just once........is that too greedy!........apparently....mother nature you are a heartless wench!!! :angry-smiley-005:

Yes but we still have the memories andddddd the video.

From Dec 7 2007 Roll camera......

More snow fell that nite than has fallen the past two years in the Borden area.

I see a motorcycle In my future...

Or a ATV at least your still outdoors riding on trails , sure it's not the same but it does get one outside and into the bush .

I should move to NFLD. My buddy just sent me pics from St John's and they just got 65cm in the last 12 hours.... I can only dream about seeing that much snow in a whole season!

I should move to NFLD. My buddy just sent me pics from St John's and they just got 65cm in the last 12 hours.... I can only dream about seeing that much snow in a whole season!

awesome

how did you guys fair out in Regina???

It just started snowing like a mofo here and super windy, I was on a backroad this afternoon and could not see 10feet in front of me and 2 foot drifts across the road :D That is just from the wind before it started snowing heavy the past hr

Archived