North Adventure Inn

SlowTouringGuy

There were vehicles parked there when we rode through, but I have not had any recent first hand experience or reports.

I will not stay there again until I have solid confirmation that they have made major changes.

• Like 2

There was a few rigs there friday and Saturday when i checked. Also sounds like a couple from hamilton are running things from their facebook page. I will not change from the Westway however. Brian and Kathy are way to good to us, and our experience at the NAI several years ago was not nice...

I haven't read anything this season yet. Most people are of the I'll see opinion. It would be nice to know ahead of time in case plans are changed at the last minute. 

Yes also seen that people still stay there a couple weeks ago when we were in cochrane ,not this guy 

I will not stay there again until I, too, have confirmation that things have changed. It was once a “go to” place and we loved it. We also experienced the ugliness last time we were there.  

But Lillabelle Lodge and North Adventure Inn both offered more than anything else currently offers in town it seems.  It would be great if NAI made a comeback.  

Has anyone actually stayed there recently?   

20 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

I will not stay there again until I, too, have confirmation that things have changed. It was once a “go to” place and we loved it. We also experienced the ugliness last time we were there.  

But Lillabelle Lodge and North Adventure Inn both offered more than anything else currently offers in town it seems.  It would be great if NAI made a comeback.  

Has anyone actually stayed there recently?   

That was our 'go to' accommodation. The year we stayed @ Thriftlodge, even though there were a lot of sledders there, we really didn't mix w/ any. 

We met zrtkat & crew @ Lillabelle. SnowmobileWorld held a get together there 1 year.

Talked to a couple that stayed there last year. They were surprised restaurant wasn't open. Somewhat far (edge of town). 

Something to inquire about, if staying there.

We were there for one day/night this weekend. This was the last chance we gave it and won't ever be going back. 

We ended up talking to the couple who were brought in around December to essentially run the place and he had just put in his notice the day before because he is tired of dealing with the owners (there are a number of them mostly from Brampton and one in Sudbury). 

He was actually a really good guy and was doing all he could to keep the guests there happy; I have no idea why he was subjecting himself to working there. 

The restaurant was open and the food was actually decent.

Long story short, the owners from Brampton are only trying to squeeze every nickle they can out of that place and invest NOTHING back into the business (this is coming first hand from the manager there). 

Beyond that, the place is pretty run down and unkempt... it should honesty just have a match put to it

3 hours ago, Browing3812 said:

Beyond that, the place is pretty run down and unkempt... it should honesty just have a match put to it

Before I read the sentence above, I was thinking exactly the same thing .... stupid cheapskates deserve nothing less ....

Thanks for the report, sounds like it is at end of it's days, if something doesn't change soon. 

On 2/12/2018 at 6:57 PM, revrnd said:

That was our 'go to' accommodation. The year we stayed @ Thriftlodge, even though there were a lot of sledders there, we really didn't mix w/ any. 

We met zrtkat & crew @ Lillabelle. SnowmobileWorld held a get together there 1 year.

I  remember that Revrnd the good old days lol

• Like 1

Too bad stayed there many times over the years was a great stop with food and bar there , pool table, heated storage .

Stayed the 3 years ago , wasn't good won,t be back. Yes it needs a match !

Sounds like the old wiamog inn in hailburton. Maybe owners have other plans for property in future. 

Lillabelle and Nai were the go to places 10-15yrs ago..Some good times out at the lake...usually stay south of town now.

• Like 2

On 20/02/2018 at 8:56 AM, Browing3812 said:

We were there for one day/night this weekend. This was the last chance we gave it and won't ever be going back. 

We ended up talking to the couple who were brought in around December to essentially run the place and he had just put in his notice the day before because he is tired of dealing with the owners (there are a number of them mostly from Brampton and one in Sudbury). 

He was actually a really good guy and was doing all he could to keep the guests there happy; I have no idea why he was subjecting himself to working there. 

The restaurant was open and the food was actually decent.

Long story short, the owners from Brampton are only trying to squeeze every nickle they can out of that place and invest NOTHING back into the business (this is coming first hand from the manager there). 

And they'll wind up w/ an abandoned place that won't be worth a nickel.

I was past the NAI on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.  I think there was only only two truck/trailers sitting there.

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

I was past the NAI on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.  I think there was only only two truck/trailers sitting there.

Soon everyone will be avoiding the place. 

Its still crap.   I drove through the parking lot on Wed and talked to some guys.   They said they leaving after staying just 1 night and heading to the Thrift Lodge.   

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, scottyr said:

Its still crap.   I drove through the parking lot on Wed and talked to some guys.   They said they leaving after staying just 1 night and heading to the Thrift Lodge.   

Probably wind up looking like 1 of these places:

By there this afternoon & 1 truck & trailer in the lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Exchanging emails w/ someone who had stayed there recently. Sounds like everything we've heard was confirmed. They were on the 'outbound' portion of the trip to Hearst, so revised the return reservations & stayed elsewhere.

Apparently someone in the group had stayed there during its heyday & was unaware of the issues.