SLOW THE F*%K DOWN

sledzz

3 minutes ago, Guy JR said:

You have to weight the costs to the benefit.  This seems like it would be way too big of a cost for a "maybe, just maybe".  Like many have said before, there are people who know what is right and wrong.  They just dont care.

Got a better idea? I'm all ears...

im sure OFSC could help with funding...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Diceman said:

educating the boneheads who do stupid crap will have no real impact since they do not give a crap to begin with.....theses dicks know what stay on trail, winter wheat planted, etc,  means..it would however possibly work for those first time permit buyers, educate them when their newbies...as for our buddy GMIFTY, think he is trying to save face abit..maybe the truth of his  initial story was stretched a bit thinking it was funny and is a little surprised of the backlash... if thats not the case I am a mental health professional.

So I'm out for a little ride on this beautiful day. I stop for some lunch and a few soda pops.  I decide against my better judgement to check my email. I see that I have received a warning and a point. No problem, message received. Again against my slowly declining judgement making skills I decide to check out the forums. I see that a so-called mental health professional has provided his expert opinion. I'm sure your clients feel really comfortable with you while you are calling people "boneheads" and dicks. I'm thinking ole dr Diceman could use a little help himself. Anyways, I'm fed and rehydrated and I'm going back out to enjoy the perfect trail conditions where I am ('wouldn't you like to know). Thank you groomers! I'm sure all of the fine upstanding gentlemen on this here forum are just waiting to try and out do each other with their "sarcastic" remarks. While you are busy tapping away on your keyboards, I'll be out enjoying the day. Cheers.

Frankly I could care less where you are riding. I'm interested in the conditions and hazards people encounter on specific trails though.

6 hours ago, GMifty said:

So I'm out for a little ride on this beautiful day. I stop for some lunch and a few soda pops.  I decide against my better judgement to check my email. I see that I have received a warning and a point. No problem, message received. Again against my slowly declining judgement making skills I decide to check out the forums. I see that a so-called mental health professional has provided his expert opinion. I'm sure your clients feel really comfortable with you while you are calling people "boneheads" and dicks. I'm thinking ole dr Diceman could use a little help himself. Anyways, I'm fed and rehydrated and I'm going back out to enjoy the perfect trail conditions where I am ('wouldn't you like to know). Thank you groomers! I'm sure all of the fine upstanding gentlemen on this here forum are just waiting to try and out do each other with their "sarcastic" remarks. While you are busy tapping away on your keyboards, I'll be out enjoying the day. Cheers.

well as you seem to have difficulties understanding messages I will let you know I was kinda coming to your defense abit ..thought it may have been a joke that went too far...its obvious that you have no real desire to take alittle responsibility, even alittle bit and move on......as for dicks and boneheads, yes many guys who run guys off trails in the corners or trespass on winter wheat are dicks and boneheads...let me know what you would call the guy who cut off my buddy on the trail causing him to crash into a tree, and just drove away leaving him there!!!   

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-02-15 at 8:00 AM, GMifty said:

Only when I'm out riding. 

raw.gif

I was talking to a fellow yesterday out with his wife on one of our trails in a hilly section.  He saw a black sled coming towards them and he motioned to his wife to stay right.  He proceeded up to the top of the hill so as to get a better view and alert the guy as to oncoming traffic and just as he did he saw the approaching sled flying through the air over the height of both of their sleds.  He had absolutely no idea they were there.  Of course he never stopped!

5 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

I was talking to a fellow yesterday out with his wife on one of our trails in a hilly section.  He saw a black sled coming towards them and he motioned to his wife to stay right.  He proceeded up to the top of the hill so as to get a better view and alert the guy as to oncoming traffic and just as he did he saw the approaching sled flying through the air over the height of both of their sleds.  He had absolutely no idea they were there.  Of course he never stopped!

Based on what you see in the media this is how they often seem to suggest is the way everyone should ride.

7 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Based on what you see in the media this is how they often seem to suggest is the way everyone should ride.

Sled manufacturer video's don't help either, even though they usually start performed by a pro rider on a closed trail. 

15 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

As I would never condone that kind of riding but it sounds like he needed to move to a safer spot. I've stopped several times over the years thinking I was all good then after a couple sleds go by I realize it wasn't such a good spot after all so I would quickly move to another spot to take a break. It's a tough call when you stop in a blind spot. But if everyone did the 50km/h speed limit that everyone here does then this would never happen either.

Archived