2012 PROCROSS XF 1100 TURBO LXR

lakejoe

I really like that vector, not sure if i will want to try a long track or not.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long track is the way to go. Ride way smoother and twice the floation with the four stroke weight. 60 percent of four stroke sales are long tracks now. I won't buy another short track sled ever again. You give up abit of top end speed, but gain in flotation, ride, and handling is great too and braking Is better too.

Next year we will have to get out for a ride sledguy.

yep,i did here the eps steering and new yammees are better than previous....but i dont own a machine that prints off 200-100$ bills.....ouch!!!!!!

yep,i did here the eps steering and new yammees are better than previous....but i dont own a machine that prints off 200-100$ bills.....ouch!!!!!!

Should have bought apple stock

Good hear.

Next year we will have to get out for a ride sledguy.

yes it would be cool to get out for a group ride..............just need......ahh hmmm ph ya snow lol

There will be snow next year. No worries. If not, I am moving. Lol. Hopefully riding by early December. Did you look at the doe's today.

There will be snow next year. No worries. If not, I am moving. Lol. Hopefully riding by early December. Did you look at the doe's today.

i did all the running around i wanted EXCEPT for checking out the doo's, lol just don't know if i want to be branded a cowboy lmao !!

I have heard there wil be some cooling improvements. Some riders have over heated Thier units. Skidoo ran into this issue first year and then made waterpump gear changes. Pm zartcat. One of his buddies had the new cat and over heated it. Worth looking into

my nephew has the new cat turbo it overheated one n ight as when we came into Cochrane sign said trail closed follow road well no snow onroad all of our sled got hot his did overheat we had to add some anti-freeze next morning ,but that was the only time it got hot, he loves the machine he put 1,660 miles on it .

zrtkat

I like the new cats! Coolest looking sled this year for sure!

Yammies have the worst ride in the business though. I have a zx2 in the viper. My next sled will be a doo. Had great luck with the last one.

Hmmm. I thought my 2010 Vector was up to the ride quality standards of current touring snowmobiles . At least the one's I've rode. Maybe your referring the the ditch banging segment.

yes,i have heard 3 things about yammees...1-fit and finish is impeccable

2-wieghs like an anchor

3-turns hard

4-harsh ride

ooops thats 4.......

As a Yami owner I've developed an appreciation for the super light weight Doo's that my friends ride. They require less effort in the tight twisty's, and they for sure have better flotation when you head into the deep stuff. But what I've grown to really appreciate is how their light weight makes them easy to tow when the need arises. :D

A friend of mine has the 2012 Cat Turbo and loves it. Has lots of power and not a single problem. He keeps showing off with the remote start.

After having an older Sabercat F6 stolen a few weeks ago, I'm in the market for a new ride.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/sleds/modelviewer/XF1100TURBOLXR

I spring ordered one of these sleds. I have taken issue with the many backordered items, but most are finally available. Things like a spare belt in a new size unavailable from the aftermarket. My dealer let me take a belt off a brand new machine, but they are now available. Never have used it yet!

I have 4000+ miles this season. The BIG ISSUE with all the 2012 FOUR STROKE PRO CROSS/CLIMB SLEDS is the CHAIN CASE. Does not apply to the 2-strokes! The reverse can work fine and then stop working. The shifter fork and springs seem to be a big part of the issue, but bushings and new gears due to splines being damaged were also changed in mine. I think that the forks were made of the wrong material or not heat treated with the result being a bending of the fork.

I unplugged the servo motor on mine and continued to ride without reverse until at about 3000 miles the partially disengaged splines gave out. That is when you get towed! If you use reverse, you will get in trouble quicker!

I also had a gasket blow out after the turbo, but a cross threaded stud was found. The exhaust sensor did notice also and cut performance to about 100 mph max on the lake.

Arctic Cat has now added a 3rd year of warrenty to these sleds free.

I would make sure the reverse is not plugged in untill it is fixed. Mine is now fixed and is a great all around sled! It will run fast all day long and you can still jump off the trail in most conditions. No over heating even at -40 when the Crossfires would ice over and the rubber mallet had to be used to knock the buildup off.

Gets 14 mpg average. Ranges from 17 down to 9 mpg pushing deep snow.

Talk to the dealer about the issues and what will be done for you.

I spring ordered one of these sleds. I have taken issue with the many backordered items, but most are finally available. Things like a spare belt in a new size unavailable from the aftermarket. My dealer let me take a belt off a brand new machine, but they are now available. Never have used it yet!

I have 4000+ miles this season. The BIG ISSUE with all the 2012 FOUR STROKE PRO CROSS/CLIMB SLEDS is the CHAIN CASE. Does not apply to the 2-strokes! The reverse can work fine and then stop working. The shifter fork and springs seem to be a big part of the issue, but bushings and new gears due to splines being damaged were also changed in mine. I think that the forks were made of the wrong material or not heat treated with the result being a bending of the fork.

I unplugged the servo motor on mine and continued to ride without reverse until at about 3000 miles the partially disengaged splines gave out. That is when you get towed! If you use reverse, you will get in trouble quicker!

I also had a gasket blow out after the turbo, but a cross threaded stud was found. The exhaust sensor did notice also and cut performance to about 100 mph max on the lake.

Arctic Cat has now added a 3rd year of warrenty to these sleds free.

I would make sure the reverse is not plugged in untill it is fixed. Mine is now fixed and is a great all around sled! It will run fast all day long and you can still jump off the trail in most conditions. No over heating even at -40 when the Crossfires would ice over and the rubber mallet had to be used to knock the buildup off.

Gets 14 mpg average. Ranges from 17 down to 9 mpg pushing deep snow.

Talk to the dealer about the issues and what will be done for you.

The new Demo we where riding started having reverse propblems, they worked on it on the trail,a quick fix then it worked. it was stuck in reverse.... wish I had the chance to take it out on the lake to try it out... Only had it on small trail with a few short straits..... pulled like crazy.

no doubt artic new sleds look & perform outstanding...have heard belt issues & tunnels are paper thin...800 don't meet emissions...can all be fixed

I was just talking with my neighbor about the Cat that we had stolen. He said that new 4-stroke sleds have computer ignition immobilizers, which makes them impossible to steal short of manually loading them on to a truck. Is that true? Do all 4-strokes have that?

It would certainly explain why the thieves left my Yamaha 4-stroke Vector sitting right beside the Cat alone...

The new Demo we where riding started having reverse propblems, they worked on it on the trail,a quick fix then it worked. it was stuck in reverse.... wish I had the chance to take it out on the lake to try it out... Only had it on small trail with a few short straits..... pulled like crazy.

Like I said, the reverse is the issue in these 4-strokes and that is why you see them getting towed. I saw one in Hornepayne at Uncles which had lost the forward. It gets caught in reverse or can get stuck between forward and reverse. Mine popped out between gears and needed a tow at 3000 miles.

Luc, on that ride it would be hard for the dealer to disable reverse by unplugging the electric motor because it would have pointed out the problem. Other than that, I have enjoyed the 4000 miles ridden this year.

Cat really screwed this up just like when they introduced the 2006 Crossfire with NO REVERSE and killed sales.

My reverse was finally rebuilt and works great!

Like I said, the reverse is the issue in these 4-strokes and that is why you see them getting towed. I saw one in Hornepayne at Uncles which had lost the forward. It gets caught in reverse or can get stuck between forward and reverse. Mine popped out between gears and needed a tow at 3000 miles.

Luc, on that ride it would be hard for the dealer to disable reverse by unplugging the electric motor because it would have pointed out the problem. Other than that, I have enjoyed the 4000 miles ridden this year.

Cat really screwed this up just like when they introduced the 2006 Crossfire with NO REVERSE and killed sales.

My reverse was finally rebuilt and works great!

Or the year they first came out with the F 7 firecats... my brother inlaw bought one... OMG was it ever built wrong, the fit and finish was bad.

Or the year they first came out with the F 7 firecats... my brother inlaw bought one... OMG was it ever built wrong, the fit and finish was bad.

I agree on the 2003 Firecats and even the 2004 Firecat had a few recalls. The 2012's are better machines, but don't expect reverse to work unless the VIN is one of the latest built or it has the update installed.

Great info. I remember when they first come out with the diamond drive. Towed in a bud with only a few hundred miles on it.

I was just talking with my neighbor about the Cat that we had stolen. He said that new 4-stroke sleds have computer ignition immobilizers, which makes them impossible to steal short of manually loading them on to a truck. Is that true? Do all 4-strokes have that?

It would certainly explain why the thieves left my Yamaha 4-stroke Vector sitting right beside the Cat alone...

you can get past it but it takes time and knowledge

I love my Skidoo 1200.

is there any throttle pag below 5000rpm in the 1200? i was reading one of the Doo 4-strokers had a real noticable throttle lag below 5000

A friend of mine has the 2012 Cat Turbo and loves it. Has lots of power and not a single problem. He keeps showing off with the remote start.

remote start is cool !

Archived