2012 PROCROSS XF 1100 TURBO LXR

lakejoe

Yes 1200 has throttle lag. Just don't let someone drive it that isn't use to the lag. Great way to get a hole in your garage door.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my ecu reflashed for 15 psi of boost. I am running about 250 hp. with my reflash and exhaust. 1860 miles on my XF 1100 turbo and it is great!! Best damn sled I have ever owned. As my uncle said (zrtkat) I did over heat but, that was on bare roads with no cooling. And we had no idea where we were, so we were just crawling around the town. If anyone gets a cat turbo, I would recomend the Xf for its longer track and bigger lugs. The power need's to hook up.

I had my ecu reflashed for 15 psi of boost. I am running about 250 hp. with my reflash and exhaust. 1860 miles on my XF 1100 turbo and it is great!! Best damn sled I have ever owned. As my uncle said (zrtkat) I did over heat but, that was on bare roads with no cooling. And we had no idea where we were, so we were just crawling around the town. If anyone gets a cat turbo, I would recomend the Xf for its longer track and bigger lugs. The power need's to hook up.

250 hp ? well thats more than enough !

Would be a fun ride for sure. Is that on 91 octane?

Yes 1200 has throttle lag. Just don't let someone drive it that isn't use to the lag. Great way to get a hole in your garage door.

I have zero lag in mine. Solid and smooth all through the powerbands. Never had a water pump issue either. To date, I have had zero issues with any part failing or workmanship issues. Sliders, carbides, annual service and attention to proper fluid levels and that is it.

If somebody is having a "lag" issue, I would re-name that as operator error. For me in choosing Doo, it was about service, proximity to service, and past experience with the brand and service history. All the sled manufacturers have good products and not so good products. When I bought I wanted a sled that I liked (aesthetically and performance wise), a sled that I could take in for service and not have to drive three hours to get there, be able to depend on service done right, and get me back on the trail soon! My local Doo dealer was able to measure up. There is no Cat dealer within god knows how many hours from here, no Polaris dealer within proximity or where I travel, and the Yammy dealer is one I choose not to deal with ever. I also wanted a 4 stroke as I am not replacing a sled every year or two, it's gotta last!

Interestingly..and not bashing Cat's but on one of the recent Supertrax shows they had one of the new Cat's on there and watching it corner..every corner the inside ski would lift, and not just a tad!

I think it depends on how/where you ride. IMO yamaha sleds are geared for trail riding, everyone says they are heavy and stuff. It is true but to me its not a big deal on trail. I get stuck off trail all the time but the phazer's 14" wide track is like a chainsaw cutting though the snow. It makes it handle great though on trail. I have almost 8000 km's on my yamaha and I have never had an issue other then a frozen relay that can happen to anyone. Things like bushings have been fixed with oilite bushings the first summer I had it and slide wear issues have been eliminated with larger wheels when I went to replace the bearings. Nothing that I have missed a ride for.

My personal experience with cat had not been very good, I bought a used ZL800 and it was in the shop 3 time in that season and I sold it in the spring and it did not even run when I sold it. My fathers 08 T660 Touring (non turbo) has caused a few problems but nothing that I could not fix. Bearings, skid, chain case, parasitic draw (remote start has killed 2 batteries so I installed a battery shut off switch) that kind of stuff. Nothing with the engine although it like to stall.

If I was buying a sled it would be a yamaha or a doo. If you ride trails then Yamaha I think is the way to go. Have a look on TY, there are a lot of posts on set up and how to make your sled handle the way you want to. Lots of options, don't forget different sway bars.

Either brand you go with make sure you get to test ride the sled, if my dealer would not have let me try the phazer out I would not have bought it since on paper it looks like the slowest sled ever lol. Every brand has its pro's and cons, just got to pick what you are more comfortable with and make a decision, I don't think there are any bad sleds out there?

Like I read on the yamaha sled talk blog, each sled is built with a specific purpose, hope you enjoy the new sled, sorry about the old one getting stolen!

As a Yami owner I've developed an appreciation for the super light weight Doo's that my friends ride. They require less effort in the tight twisty's, and they for sure have better flotation when you head into the deep stuff. But what I've grown to really appreciate is how their light weight makes them easy to tow when the need arises. :D

I had an opportunity to ride a 'doo (two of them actually) while in Quebec. They handled quite well but I would not say that they required less effort. These sleds were set up the way the owners like them, so they may have had more ski pressure dialed in than I am used to. However, I found that they required significantly more arm and shoulder effort than either my '07 Vector or my new one with EPS. The EPS is effectively disabled once you get to about 60 Kph but my steering is quite light ( unlike the sled when it gets stuck :oops: ) and with the Arrow skis, it corners like it is on rails.

Any idea what those changes will be Viper?

I'm thinking about buying this weekend, but don't want to buy one so close to the end of the season only to find out next year's is a big improvement.

I would wait for a 2013. New rear tunnel design, better graphics, new reverse design(worm gear instead of a fork) Since you are looking at the XF LXR they came out with the new cross tour loaded with features.

Archived