2012 PROCROSS XF 1100 TURBO LXR

lakejoe

After having an older Sabercat F6 stolen a few weeks ago, I'm in the market for a new ride.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/sleds/modelviewer/XF1100TURBOLXR

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id look elsewhere...im hearing a lot of reliability issues with these..im not bashing arctic cat....its just what ive heard

We have three customers on them all happy generally all with some handwarmer or other minor issues all of them fixed by thier respective dealer as well two guys on xf 800's after clutches recalibrated absolute bullets and good on gas very nimble sleds.

id look elsewhere...im hearing a lot of reliability issues with these..im not bashing arctic cat....its just what ive heard

Any recommendations?

We have three customers on them all happy generally all with some handwarmer or other minor issues all of them fixed by thier respective dealer as well two guys on xf 800's after clutches recalibrated absolute bullets and good on gas very nimble sleds.

Thanks Bill, I think I'm going to go 4-stroke regardless of make/model.

Those new 1100's are nice. I would take s 2013 over a 2012. There will be a few minor changes that will make a big difference. Doo's 1200 had waterpump gear issue's first year. 2010 was fixed. The sound of those turbo's kicking in is crazy. Wooooooaaaaaaappppppppp wooooooaaaaap really hear it. Get the 2013 and keep it for awhile.

They are all good and they are all junk buy what you like and make the best of it I have been watching a couple of guys on here that are doing touring on the new cats without a lot of bad comments as well seen good and bad comments on them all right now all brands are broken in the shop they all break find a dealer that will demo you a sled (pm me I know a few) try them ride them and find what fits you.

Those new 1100's are nice. I would take s 2013 over a 2012. There will be a few minor changes that will make a big difference.

Any idea what those changes will be Viper?

I'm thinking about buying this weekend, but don't want to buy one so close to the end of the season only to find out next year's is a big improvement.

I have heard there wil be some cooling improvements. Some riders have over heated Thier units. Skidoo ran into this issue first year and then made waterpump gear changes. Pm zartcat. One of his buddies had the new cat and over heated it. Worth looking into

Since it is a hot snowmobile, a 2013 might not be anymore then a current 2012. Skidoo dropped Thier prices by 1200 average per model compared to 2012's. If there are some changes, you will have to make the up grade's yourself.

I had the chance to ride one this week....wow!!!! the power is insane the skis are easy to get off the snow, even while going at a good pase, you give a shot of gas and she gets up in the air.... the sound of the turbo is so cool. love it.

yep,i heard the power is sweet,but when i see one dead new cat pulling another dead one,i start to wonder

resized 20122248522498 29105

Yeah no one else wants to touch a broken cat, lol. I heard it is bad luck. I remember when loney owned sportsmans lodge. He told me he see's the same amount from all of the manufacture's except yammies. He then said he never reall say a big group of yammies around the area either. This was just when the big four stroke craze was starting.

yep,i heard the power is sweet,but when i see one dead new cat pulling another dead one,i start to wonder

haha wow, yeah that makes me wonder too!

Yeah no one else wants to touch a broken cat, lol. I heard it is bad luck. I remember when loney owned sportsmans lodge. He told me he see's the same amount from all of the manufacture's except yammies. He then said he never reall say a big group of yammies around the area either. This was just when the big four stroke craze was starting.

My other sled is a 4-stroke Vector and it's been great for 3 years so I have thought about getting an Apex.

Only thing I don't like about the Vector is that I get a lot of ski lift in the corners.

My other sled is a 4-stroke Vector and it's been great for 3 years so I have thought about getting an Apex.

Only thing I don't like about the Vector is that I get a lot of ski lift in the corners.

What year is your Vector? I don't get nearly as much lift on my new one as I did on my '07.

What year is your Vector? I don't get nearly as much lift on my new one as I did on my '07.

2010... I've tried a lot of suspension adjustments and improved it quite a bit but it doesn't hug the trail like I've seen others do.

I almost put an order in for a cat 1100....i know a dude who has one.....ive ridden his....hes ridden mine.....of course his 4 stroke motor is exhilirating with the turbo....im not a top end speed freak,and i am 100% satisfied with my 2012 pro-r 800.....we traded for 2 hours up north last weekend,and he wouldn,t get off mine,and thats how i feel when im on it.........lets be honest,all the 2012 sleds in all manufactures are very descent sleds....and yes 4 stroke has gotten way better,its just personal preference.....the one i bought is a keeper,and im happy,thats all that matters......ride what you enjoy,but realize....it may or not be someone elses cup of tea......and yes yammees break less ,i beleve cause they are japan made.....but they are way more $$$$$.........you get what you pay for i guess......sometimes!

Yammies have the worst ride in the business though. I have a zx2 in the viper. My next sled will be a doo. Had great luck with the last one.

Did yamaha add a bit of weight to keep the skiis down in the corners? LOL!!!!!!!!

Did yamaha add a bit of weight to keep the skiis down in the corners? LOL!!!!!!!!

Well they added power steering, which helps to weigh the ski's down and makes it feel alot lighter then it is. Go off trail and you will need a help getting back on.

Cat has had cooling issues for years, most common sticking thermostats etc. I hear the 4-stroke turbos are a sweet ride in the new chassis. I always found their fit and finish is not as good as the rest.

yes,i have heard 3 things about yammees...1-fit and finish is impeccable

2-wieghs like an anchor

3-turns hard

4-harsh ride

ooops thats 4.......

yes Yamaha`s are tanks but with power steering im sure its fine.

I wasn`t aware they rode rough i heard the mono shock rear skid work very well for trail riding

I had the chance to Ride the new 2012 VECTOR with power steering, there was no ski lift, it was great not darting. I rode the most this one as it was my favorite of all.

DSCN2811.jpg

Heres a video that they made about this sled that I got to ride, same sled as on TV.

Archived