2011 Trips

Canuck

Agawa Canyon .. train. That's on our list. Here's some preliminary info. off a website ...

Train Up, Sledding Back: If you are taking the train up and sledding back you will arrive in Sault Ste. Marie the day before your train departure. The day of your train departure you will drive your sleds down to the rail depot by 8:00 a.m. to pick up your one way boarding passes from Sault Ste. Marie to Hearst and load your sleds. There is free parking at the rail depot for your vehicles. You will arrive up in Hearst between 7:00-9:00 p.m. where you will be staying at the Companion Hotel/Motel. If you have decided on a 4 day journey you will be on your way to Hornepayne and staying at the Center Inn (still open?), then the Wawa Motor Inn in Wawa. The following day you will stop at Half-Way Haven (between Wawa and Sault Ste. Marie)... and then finish at Sault Ste. Marie.

A group from this forum did it last year, and we met lots of folks in Northern Ontario who recommend it. My only beef is the 12 hour train ride. I've always enjoyed loops, where you're always moving. I guess with F trail 'up in the air', this is one way to complete a loop.

Hope you get up there, ATW. We'll be sledding more in the Midland area this year. Hope to cross path's this winter.

Canuck,

Tried to PM you, wouldn't accept.

We're going to try to go to James Bay and Longlac this year, near the end of February, let me know if you're interested in joining us for either portion.

AO

Thanks Akron. Only you guys would do James Bay and Longlac. Probably one trip :)

I'll give you my cell # and email address by PM.

End of Feb. is clear. Keep me posted - I'd like to join you for one portion of this trip.

We'd really like to do a northern tour that would encompass a ride on the Snow Train (if it's still running). Haven't really looked at many trips yet ... waiting until we get the maps from the Snowmobile Show in only 44 more sleeps!!!!!

I know the maps generally don't change year to year, but I've laminated my 2010 maps already. :rotflmao:

BTW, the OCR4K is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of February 19th, 2011.

We'd really like to do a northern tour that would encompass a ride on the Snow Train (if it's still running).  Haven't really looked at many trips yet ... waiting until we get the maps from the Snowmobile Show in only 44 more sleeps!!!!!

I know the maps generally don't change year to year, but I've laminated my 2010 maps already.   :rotflmao:

BTW, the OCR4K is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of February 19th, 2011.

But I'll bet you've got your Florida / Hawaii / some other snowless area trip planned  :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Canuck,

We're going to try to go to James Bay and Longlac this year, near the end of February, let me know if you're interested in joining us for either portion.

AO

Did you know you can get from Moosenee to Hearst on James Bay??I have some contacts in hearst for guides :right_on:

Didn't know that, HM.

Thanks.

(I think I'll join them for the portion involving terra firma LOL :shock: ). But Akron and the gang will make good use of this info.)

Canuck,

AO

Did you know you can get from Moosenee to Hearst on James Bay??I have some contacts in hearst for guides :right_on:

I would think you mean "by the James Bay watershed basin"....That would be awesome,,,but with no fuel stops you would have no room for error,,,,looks like a 200 mile run????

Canuck,

AO

I would think you mean "by the James Bay watershed basin"....That would be awesome,,,but with no fuel stops you would have no room for error,,,,looks like a 200 mile run????

I sure can't do that with the triple !

Canuck,

AO

Didn't know that. Please PM their info. It might work for us we would like to make it to Klotz Lake again this year and still go to James Bay.. Do you know the route? Do they ride the Missinaibi toward Onakawana and fuel at Tozier's or ride into Fraserdale then all the way into Moosonee. either way, I would be interested in talking with them.

Canuck,

AO

Didn't know that. Please PM their info. It might work for us we would like to make it to Klotz Lake again this year and still go to James Bay.. Do you know the route? Do they ride the Missinaibi toward Onakawana and fuel at Tozier's or ride into Fraserdale then all the way into Moosonee. either way, I would be interested in talking with them.

Great. Americans flying their flag in the Canadian north. :-)

Ol' Canuck is going to have to join this parade to protect Canadian sovereignty. Sledjunk, with his GPS tracks, will 'map' our tracks. Domino, with "Spot I" and "Spot II" will send conflicting reports of our progress. :poke:

Canuck,

AO

Great. Americans flying their flag in the Canadian north. :-)

Ol' Canuck is going to have to join this parade to protect Canadian sovereignty. Sledjunk, with his GPS tracks, will 'map' our tracks. Domino, with "Spot I" and "Spot II" will send conflicting reports of our progress. :poke:

I tracked with Spot II and GPS :right_on:

The GPS track is more accurate as the measurements are more frequent. However, Spot allowed people to track us in real time online.

I was looking at some maps over the weekend, and recalled Kris' excellent Mileaage database and Accomodation database. Here's the link, for those who have not used it.

http://www.sleddersworld.com/departments/ontarioDB/

I'm looking at planning another Quebec ride! (love that place!)

Also, will be going to Cochrane, Kap as we do every year!

Evil

Anyone planning trips yet? All this AGM talk and Sled Show emails are putting me in the mood :shock:

Gowganda Resort is on my list this year (Silent Auction item - :woot:) . Considering the Snow Train from Sault Ste. Marie and then venturing off. Trailer to the Soo and then head north as opposed to Hwy. 11 launch point as in years past.

One thing I thought about last year was an oc.com loop. Basically plan a tour with folks from this forum. Some of the forum sponsors could accommodate us; in other places, we simply get hotel rooms and try to get a hospitality suite (the idea came to me in Kapuskasing where, adjacent to the desk, were a group of revelers from a local business. The desk host said they could put out a wine and cheese spread, upon arrival, and then we venture off for dinner). It doesn't have to be Kap (I recall some saying Kap is not a 'natural' stop) - open to all ideas for routes.

Glad to throw this around on the forum, a September 'meet and greet' or during the sled show.

The ride would be open to all. You know your sled's capabilities. Doesn't have to be new, fast, etc. Could be a slow group and a fast group. There are many ways to get to the next town.

Canuck -- check your PM's.

irREV

Anyone planning trips yet? All this AGM talk and Sled Show emails are putting me in the mood :shock:

Gowganda Resort is on my list this year (Silent Auction item - :woot:) . Considering the Snow Train from Sault Ste. Marie and then venturing off. Trailer to the Soo and then head north as opposed to Hwy. 11 launch point as in years past.

One thing I thought about last year was an oc.com loop. Basically plan a tour with folks from this forum. Some of the forum sponsors could accommodate us; in other places, we simply get hotel rooms and try to get a hospitality suite (the idea came to me in Kapuskasing where, adjacent to the desk, were a group of revelers from a local business. The desk host said they could put out a wine and cheese spread, upon arrival, and then we venture off for dinner). It doesn't have to be Kap (I recall some saying Kap is not a 'natural' stop) - open to all ideas for routes.

Glad to throw this around on the forum, a September 'meet and greet' or during the sled show.

The ride would be open to all. You know your sled's capabilities. Doesn't have to be new, fast, etc. Could be a slow group and a fast group. There are many ways to get to the next town.

irREV

First of all,Canuck has pms again? Secondly We look forward to seeing the critters at the show feel free to drop by.

1000 km. is awesome; 1500 is unimaginable. Way to go, RWS.

He's obviously never been on a Tour when I am leading ! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Been there done that got the t shirt.

He's obviously never been on a Tour when I am leading ! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

You lucky B*st*rd ! Those T-shirts are collector items !!!

Anyone planning trips yet? All this AGM talk and Sled Show emails are putting me in the mood icon_eek.gif

Gowganda Resort is on my list this year (Silent Auction item - wootSMILEY.gif) . Considering the Snow Train from Sault Ste. Marie and then venturing off. Trailer to the Soo and then head north as opposed to Hwy. 11 launch point as in years past.

irREV

First of all,Canuck has pms again? Secondly We look forward to seeing the critters at the show feel free to drop by.

What show? Where ? Are there two shows again this year ?? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

:coffeespit:

Mudrucker lead you down a goat path?

Archived