Getting the serious itch

skidoo700jay

Ok , was up at the cottage in Burks Falls, the leaves are starting to change, wood is brought in , getting the serious itch, neighbour told me that they have had a couple of days of frost already............I say bring it on!!!!!!!!!! :woot::woot:

Im pretty sure there is a cream that will help you. Try Shoppers Drug Mart!

:P

I think its contagious! ;)

Hey buns .The cure is not a cream but instead a powder .Many feet of white fluffy or better yet heavy good packing powder . As far as contagious you are right we all need snow .

Yes - we had 2 nights of Frost last week. Here in Kearney the leaves are changing, and we're getting ready for winter! Here's a pic of D Trail heading North out of Kearney I took last week....Now just imagine SNOW ON IT! The nights have been getting cold for a few weeks now - had to have the fire going - temps getting down into the low single digits at night!

IMG_0791.jpg

:woot::woot:

The D trail looks very smooth. Good grooming! :D

Hopefully it stays in good shape. Now that the Algonquin West ATV Club trails are officially marked here in Kearney as part of the HATVA Trail System - and part of that trail system incorporates a good chunk of D Trail :shock: the ATV population here in Kearney has EXPLODED this summer. It seems that Kearney is the hub of ATV activity during the summer/fall months in this region - almost as busy as it is in the winter with sleds. Hopefully the trails won't get too chewed up with all the ATV activity - I guess we shall see............

However, The Highland Rovers SC and the Almaguin Highlands SC always do a great job of grooming these trails in this area - so I am sure that all will be SWEET riding once the trails are open! Here's a picture of the trail just to get us in the MOOD!

DSCN3229.jpg

:wavey::woot::woot:

Hopefully it stays in good shape. Now that the Algonquin West ATV Club trails are officially marked here in Kearney as part of the HATVA Trail System - and part of that trail system incorporates a good chunk of D Trail :shock: the ATV population here in Kearney has EXPLODED this summer. It seems that Kearney is the hub of ATV activity during the summer/fall months in this region - almost as busy as it is in the winter with sleds. Hopefully the trails won't get too chewed up with all the ATV activity - I guess we shall see............

However, The Highland Rovers SC and the Almaguin Highlands SC always do a great job of grooming these trails in this area - so I am sure that all will be SWEET riding once the trails are open! Here's a picture of the trail just to get us in the MOOD!

DSCN3229.jpg

Hey, Giddy...nice pic! -- a definite mood-setter. Bring it ON!

I recognize both that section of trail and that sled... ;);)

:wavey:

DSCN3229.jpg

Hey, Giddy...nice pic! -- a definite mood-setter. Bring it ON!

I recognize both that section of trail and that sled... ;);)

:wavey:

I would hope so! ;):woot:

• 2 months later...

There is snow falling, and more in the forecast, hopefully it will last and start a nice base.........the night temps are dropping nicely as well!!!! :woot::woot:

it coming, :D

There is snow falling, and more in the forecast, hopefully it will last and start a nice base.........the night temps are dropping nicely as well!!!! :woot::woot:

Love seeing snow , but with no frost in the ground chances of having a nice base is slim and next to none . Any snow that falls now before the cold will act as a insulator and keep much of the water thats on the trails from freezing .

I do have the itch myself , but it would such big time having 3 ft of snow on top of 3 ft of water !

2c85ef00.jpg

Love seeing snow , but with no frost in the ground chances of having a nice base is slim and next to none . Any snow that falls now before the cold will act as a insulator and keep much of the water thats on the trails from freezing .

In which case, we're going to have to go out packing and getting the water to the surface. Guys on long tracks first. And bring the pump so we can get things wet. If the cold can't get to the water, let's get the water up to the cold. :D

In which case, we're going to have to go out packing and getting the water to the surface. Guys on long tracks first. And bring the pump so we can get things wet. If the cold can't get to the water, let's get the water up to the cold. :D

Once upon a time when it snowed the sledders would go out and pack the trails . Then later we could groom them no problem. Now we try to open the trails with 5 ton groomers because risk management does not allow the sledders out to pack for us :crazy:

Now we try to open the trails with 5 ton groomers because risk management does not allow the sledders out to pack for us :crazy:

But if some of us "just decide" to go out on the trails in our sleds to check for fallen twigs and inspect conditions to determine if it's suitable for the groomer then .......................... :wtf:

We're not going out for the purpose of packing, WB. Just inspecting. ;)

Now we try to open the trails with 5 ton groomers because risk management does not allow the sledders out to pack for us :crazy:

But if some of us "just decide" to go out on the trails in our sleds to check for fallen twigs and inspect conditions to determine if it's suitable for the groomer then .......................... :wtf:

True so all we need to do is sign up these volenteers . But first we must safety train them :whatever:

I have a Long track Tundra for inspecting purposes :|:|

Then you have to hear all about the trails still being closed,and you are trespassing.you suck!!You are hurting our sport,what else?? :poke: You are a bad man,very bad man,very bad!! :wtf:

Then you have to hear all about the trails still being closed,and you are trespassing.you suck!!You are hurting our sport,what else?? :poke: You are a bad man,very bad man,very bad!! :wtf:

So talk to your local club and volunteer your services as a trail packer . A volunteer proud decal for your sled some co-ordination with the club trail boss and zip zoom an early season ride that helps the sport ! :woot:

Volunteer for Trail Patrol also works and we could use the help throughout the entire season. Trail Patrol can be out early doing packing and looking for safety concerns. I guess anyone who volunteers to help officially qualifies.

Hey ! Where you been all summer ??? Welcome back, HM ! :wavey:

Archived