Lemmings

Domino

Why is it that there is not a complete outrage at the Ontario Governments paln to harmonize our provincial sales tax with the screw you everywhere GST?

This is going to make the poor poorer and the rich a little poorer.

Many people will now not be able to afford that new home, as HST @13% will apply instead of 5% previously.

When buying a used car/Sled/ATV/Trailer privately, 13% instead of the current 8%

and so on.....

HELLO??? ANYBODY OUT THERE?

:angry: :curse: :banghead::crazy:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you here about this?

I never liked this little weasel ever since he was popped his in front of a camera! I say the other leaders start throwing around the word COALTION!!!!! :curse:

57252086v3_350x350_Front.jpg

I did not hear any outrage, or any discussion for that matter, when the Ontario government recently:

• [*:3me1e5l3]Granted police the right to search ISP records without a warrant
    [*:3me1e5l3]Made carpooling essentially illegal

Having to pay a few more dollars in taxes seems insignificant by comparison. Although I am convinced that the government is just playing a game to see how many stupid laws they can make before people try to throw them out of power. I know that's what I would do in that position. :D

the problem is not enough people will stand together to put these asholes in there place. :curse:

A whole bunch of people stood together and voted this idiot in....

When the issue of the G1 licensing came up last fall - concerning the young driver being allowed only one other person in the vehicle....there were many young drivers that contacted their local member of parliament, wrote letters to newspapers, etc. And McGuilty (no, that wasn't a spelling mistake) backed down from that one....

He apparently said that "voters would eventually understand and cited his government's controversial health tax - contained in the 2004 budget despite a solemn election vow not to raise taxes - as an example of an unpopular but necessary measure."

"What Ontarians want us to do is to do what's right," McGuinty said ahead of Thursday's budget. "I don't think that we've been put in a position of government to choose what's easy." (from the Canadian Press -

I did not hear any outrage, or any discussion for that matter, when the Ontario government recently:

[*:34ywebgx]Granted police the right to search ISP records without a warrant
    [*:34ywebgx]Made carpooling essentially illegal

Having to pay a few more dollars in taxes seems insignificant by comparison. Although I am convinced that the government is just playing a game to see how many stupid laws they can make before people try to throw them out of power. I know that's what I would do in that position. :D

skidooer, you must have an interesting concept of "a few more dollars". The Globe reports this morning that a harmonized tax applied to a typical new home purchase in Toronto would represent an additional $46,676 in tax owing on that transaction. Yes, real estate values are high here, but the same principle would also apply (obviously in proportion to local real estate values) all across the Province, and would, in absolute terms, represent a big $$$ hit regardless of what locality is involved. This strikes me as absolutely :crazy: in the current economic circumstances.

I don't get it....is this harmonization supposed to help the economy? How?

The government will be short quite a bit on tax revenue because of the (relative) low price of fuel and reduced consumer spending. It should be no surprise they are on the hunt for more money. It is just incredibly frustrating that they have to put such a spin on it.

skidooer, you must have an interesting concept of "a few more dollars".

The government will be short quite a bit on tax revenue because of the (relative) low price of fuel and reduced consumer spending. It should be no surprise they are on the hunt for more money. It is just incredibly frustrating that they have to put such a spin on it.

Are there any Facebook groups against Harmonization?

Young drivers got the no drivers under 19 rule changed in such a way.

If you're on Facebook, type "tax harmonization" into the Group search. They're are 2 groups that just formed.

When buying a used car/Sled/ATV/Trailer privately, 13% instead of the current 8%

:angry: :curse: :banghead::crazy:

But it's all ok Dom they are gonna give us a $1000.00 bucks to offset the pain :o:wtf:

I can't believe the are stupid enough to do something as stupid as this in economic times like these :?

We are nothin but sheep heading to our slaughter :curse: :curse:

Hmmm, where is the friggin Liberal stronghold? Who voted the LIE berals back into power after McSquinty flat out LIED about increasing tax burden on Joe Public?

Toronto!

Who is getting hit with all kinds of tax and user fee increases thanks to the City of Toronto Act that McSquinty invoked?

Toronto!

Who is going to suffer the biggest hit financially when buying a house?

Toronto!

Who will have to sell their house at a greatly reduced price to offset the major tax increase on the selling price?

Toronto!

Now is the time to reap what the citizens of the big city of Leftisit, Big Red Government have sewn upon their fields.

Shut up, bend over and say Thank You Sir, may I have another PLEASE.

Do you think they've learned their lesson?

Next election isn't due until fall 2010....what other damage will he do before then? He seems to hit us with something, then hide for the rest of the year so it is not so fresh in our minds when the next request to bend over is made.....

Have they learned their lesson? NO

They're getting $ 1000 dollars.!!!!! That is nothing more than a vote getter for the election.

Archived