Hearst & District 15

sabine74

Good morning all,

Just trying to get the Town of Hearst and the Club ready for the 2008-2009 season and I'm looking forward to a good snowfall. Don't forget to get your permits soon and save money before the December 1st deadline.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the Hearst area: accommodations, permits, dealerships, trail info... hearstcoord@gmail.com

Have a great week and take care!

Thanks Sabine74 and Welcome to OC.Com :!:

Hope you enjoy yourself here and we look forward to seeing Hearst and D15 postings from you.

It's a great area to ride - was up through there last year. We'll probably wait until the Wanted posters are taken down before we return but I'd highly recommend your trails to others.

Enjoy :!::D

Welcome Sabine74 and enjoy!

Beware the critters!!! :wavey::wavey:

I was wondering whose mug was on those Wanted posters! lol Guess you know how to leave your mark in Hearst, huh?

I enjoy meeting the snowmobilers and finding out what they enjoy most about the D15 trails.

Welcome to the forum, sabine74! Hoping to head up to your neck of the woods this season!

Bring on the snow! :woot::woot:

Welcome Sabine! Our gang was up in your area last year enjoying the wonderful trails that you have to offer....and we are planning another trip your way this year too! Can't wait! :woot::woot:

We'll be passing thru in Feb' during our trip to ride the Greenstone Loop.

Welcome Sabine! Nice of you to join us. We have been enjoying your trails for years and plan a couple of trips through again this season. I particularly appreciate your efforts on A107A, we have found that an important trail in planning our trips over the past 2 seasons and again this year.

Thanks again,

Nice to hear from you Sabine. You're trails are great and that's what keeps us coming back every year, two thumbs up to your club and all the volunteers. We'll be heading down A107A to Klotz Lake again this winter, is there word on a change in the availability of fuel on that run? :wavey:

Hey sabine74.. Welcome to to the forum.. If there is anything I can do to help your local club or town, feel free to PM me.. I have never been to Hearst, but as the odd-ball I am, Hearst is on my list of places in the world I want to visit...

Do you have a website from your local club?

They have a spectacular ballet ;)

Drink from the bottle. Glasses are suspect. Right, Maple :lol:

I have never been to Hearst, but as the odd-ball I am, Hearst is on my list of places in the world I want to visit...

Sorry to inform you that the ballet theatre is now closed... :o

I have never been to Hearst, but as the odd-ball I am, Hearst is on my list of places in the world I want to visit...

:o:o:o:o:x:x:x:x:(:(:(:(

Yet another casualty of the federal government's under-funding of "the arts".... :D:lol:

(Exclusive to OC.Com from the publishing arm of the STG Intstitute)

END OF AN ERA

The girls came, the girls went. All morning, in their tutus and tassels, they were turned away at the door.

The news was bad: The ballet theatre in Hearst was closed.

The reactions were bad, too. Men shook their heads; crumpled fives and tens clutched fiercely in their hands.

The famous ballet was founded years ago, and has been wobbling financially for some time now. Just recently the dancers got Laid off.

"I'm a little in shock because this is the last thing I expected," a patron said, sitting alone with his empty lap. “I guess in this economy it’s hard to keep an Arts endeavour running. In fact, I’ve watched these performances every night. "It just got harder and harder and harder," he said.

"This is sad," said another regular supporter. "I've been coming here for years."

"Maybe a miracle will happen," one of the performers, Tawny, said. "If not, we'll have to find somewhere else to go."

Not content to wait for miracles, Randi and some of the other girls were asking patrons of the Arts to sign a petition (or make an anonymous ‘X’) pledging "to support whatever efforts are necessary for the continued success and legacy of the Ballet Theatre of Hearst." She also encouraged them to call their representatives in OFSC District 15, their city council members, Corridor du Nord, the city, Big Reg, GroomerGuy, Sabine74, Club Autoneige Les Grondeurs, Tipoux, and every member of the Association of Lonely Laps Clubs of Ontario (ALLCO) - anyone who could help.

It has been said that women's legs in Hearst owe a debt to the Ballet.

Indeed, one of the performers was demonstrating the benefits of exercise on the sidewalk outside the theatre as I covered this news story.

In her green tights and pink puffy jacket, she stretched her leg up the hydro pole and then wrapped herself around it.

The weather was cold and she’s unemployed. I took her home.

----------------------------------------------- 30 ---------------------------------------

(Exclusive to OC.Com from the publishing arm of the STG Intstitute)

END OF AN ERA

The girls came, the girls went. All morning, in their tutus and tassels, they were turned away at the door.

The news was bad: The ballet theatre in Hearst was closed.

The reactions were bad, too. Men shook their heads; crumpled fives and tens clutched fiercely in their hands.

The famous ballet was founded years ago, and has been wobbling financially for some time now. Just recently the dancers got Laid off.

"I'm a little in shock because this is the last thing I expected," a patron said, sitting alone with his empty lap. “I guess in this economy it’s hard to keep an Arts endeavour running. In fact, I’ve watched these performances every night. "It just got harder and harder and harder," he said.

"This is sad," said another regular supporter. "I've been coming here for years."

"Maybe a miracle will happen," one of the performers, Tawny, said. "If not, we'll have to find somewhere else to go."

Not content to wait for miracles, Randi and some of the other girls were asking patrons of the Arts to sign a petition (or make an anonymous ‘X’) pledging "to support whatever efforts are necessary for the continued success and legacy of the Ballet Theatre of Hearst." She also encouraged them to call their representatives in OFSC District 15, their city council members, Corridor du Nord, the city, Big Reg, GroomerGuy, Sabine74, Club Autoneige Les Grondeurs, Tipoux, and every member of the Association of Lonely Laps Clubs of Ontario (ALLCO) - anyone who could help.

It has been said that women's legs in Hearst owe a debt to the Ballet.

Indeed, one of the performers was demonstrating the benefits of exercise on the sidewalk outside the theatre as I covered this news story.

In her green tights and pink puffy jacket, she stretched her leg up the hydro pole and then wrapped herself around it.

The weather was cold and she’s unemployed. I took her home.

----------------------------------------------- 30 ---------------------------------------

What a human interest story ! :cry::cry: I am glad you were able to help out

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Nice to hear from you Sabine. You're trails are great and that's what keeps us coming back every year, two thumbs up to your club and all the volunteers. We'll be heading down A107A to Klotz Lake again this winter, is there word on a change in the availability of fuel on that run? :wavey:

Looked into it and this is what I found out:

They have gas, hot soup and sandwiches at Klotz Lake and gas cans are available at Hearst Husky and Hornepayne in case you run out of gas. For district 16 information, check out the NOSSA website

If all the "performers" leave town in the pursuit of happiness elsewhere, it will be a lonely town for the male community. The Ballet must remain re-open to ensure the balance of the sexes.

I heard the ballet was outsourced to Mexico. Lap dances are 2.50 down there reports say. The "performers" in Hearst can't compete w/ those rates.

I heard the ballet was outsourced to Mexico. Lap dances are 2.50 down there reports say. The "performers" in Hearst can't compete w/ those rates.

The Tijuana Trails are rarely groomed :!::x I'd rather ride in Hearst. ;)

Looked into it and this is what I found out:

They have gas, hot soup and sandwiches at Klotz Lake and gas cans are available at Hearst Husky and Hornepayne in case you run out of gas. For district 16 information, check out the NOSSA website

Archived