29 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

well hopefully we get trail back ,we did get conestogo trails back .i think it was all tied together at first .

There may or may not have been some kind of deal cut to get the Lake Conestoga trails opened again. JMHO

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:42 PM, yamadan700 said:

Believe it was an insurance issue.

IIRC.

The GRCA wanted the OFSC to assume all risks to all parties that used that trail, not just sleds. I believe it's a multi-use trail so there are many users on it. 

Believe there were issues with the GRCA up around Luther Marsh(between Grand Valley and Arthur) as well.

Nice trail. Been through there numerous times when I lived in the Grand Valley area. Good luck!!

Petition signed.

This is why our trail here in Heart of Ontario club from Uxbridge to Manilla was lost due to Infrastructure Ontario/EOTA (property owner) want our club and OFSC to assume all responsibility for insurance, liability and maintenance.  We were not willing to take this risk as there is a couple of bridges nearing end of life. We were willing to work with IO/EOTA but not assume the entire cost.  This trail is old railbed and part of the TransCanada trail.

Jerry

On 11/15/2023 at 6:04 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There may or may not have been some kind of deal cut to get the Lake Conestoga trails opened again. JMHO

It’s sad because grca is officially closed for winter if I am not mistaken. No day passes sold to skiers, hikers, snow shoers etc. So everyone else is trespassing if no permission is granted. Multi use trail is a different animal this is different then just grca land in Conestoga area that’s officially closed. Is multi use trail open all winter or is it closed? 

Done

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 10:42 PM, LuvMyViper said:

Any updates?

Not to my knowledge 

• 2 weeks later...

Done x2

• Like 1

Done

Done.