2019 - 2022 Turbo Doo

CAT RIDER

So, go rid of my Cat in late winter,looking to purchase a gently used Turbo Doo. As I have been on a Cat since 1987, not familair with a Doo. Any issues I should be aware of when looking at used sled? At what KM do the clutches need maintaneace? Anyoone thing of selling ?

Thanks.

They have been uber reliable.    Service the clutches at 6000kms and keep the fluids fresh.    The chassis will wear out far faster than the motor will.   

Cat RIDER I have a 21    Renegade 900 R   6500 km . Hadn't thought of selling , but  might entertain the idea .

• Confused 1

I would look at a 20 or newer.  I had a 19 Turbo, yes I know I am in the extreme minority but mine was a lemon.  Don't know if it was just a first year thing or it was built on a Friday of a long weekend.

I think you got the Friday sled.  From 2021 on though you get the ras x suspension.  So that's a definate consideration.  2022 I believe they went from the 150 hp turbo to the 180 hp turbo.

My mistake mine listed above is a 22  180 hp.  Had to replace the track last spring , fuel pump replaced at 6000 km. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 9:35 AM, CAT RIDER said:

So, go rid of my Cat in late winter,looking to purchase a gently used Turbo Doo. As I have been on a Cat since 1987, not familair with a Doo. Any issues I should be aware of when looking at used sled? At what KM do the clutches need maintaneace? Anyoone thing of selling ?

Thanks.

Aim for a 2022 since it has the 900T-R engine with more power.

I came from CAT and been on mine for the last two seasons - I really like it.

There are issues posted all over the place on any model (its the internet after all...lol), but for me (knock on wood), mine has been good.

Clutch is due around 6K as mentioned above, but some go longer with no issues and some go shorter - depends on how you ride I am sure.

Some feel the IR track, 1.5" more so it seems, delaminates sooner than it should - mine is still in great shape - maybe how and where you ride or a Friday built date?!?!?

There has been some issues with the fuel filter and the sock getting loaded up with appears to be Black plastic like materials believed to be from the tank liner, others say from dirty gas - mine seems fine though (no running issues).

I personally  think the seat on the 900 is too low and soft and want to get an 850 seat or maybe a new 2024 seat from the 900 (apparently they improved them).

My sled is an X and found the stock shocks, especially the fronts to really not perform well at all (extra weight out front I am sure does not help) - so suggest an upgrade for sure. I will rebuild the skid shocks this year.

Good luck on your search!

Track issues usually stem from overheating - as I understand.

So, if you are running fast on hard trail, you will likely reduce the life of your track.

This is one of the reasons that my Summit goes slow.

Next to impossible to run slow where we ride. No matter the trail conditions , wide trails ,excellent sight lines , wide sweeping curves .very few road crossings . So yeah the odd track does get sacrificed . As long as it happens on the last day , all you can do is smile and wave as the rest of the gang blows by you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50KPH

On 7/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, signfan said:

I think you got the Friday sled.  From 2021 on though you get the ras x suspension.  So that's a definate consideration.  2022 I believe they went from the 150 hp turbo to the 180 hp turbo.

I honestly don’t think that the R-Motion X is necessarily better.    You lose so much transfer to gain a tiny bit more comfort.    If you like the skis to come up a bit you will be disappointed with the RM-X skid.    This is a lot of the reason why I went with a Lynx for MY24.  

The RAS X front end is definitely better than the RAS front end though.   

Yeah everyones got their own opinion.  Personally, I'm looking for my sled to ride like its on rails.  Need the skis on the ground to do that.  With the flip chip you can still get that ski lift if you want can't you?

8 hours ago, Ox said:

Track issues usually stem from overheating - as I understand.

So, if you are running fast on hard trail, you will likely reduce the life of your track.

This is one of the reasons that my Summit goes slow.

7 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Next to impossible to run slow where we ride. No matter the trail conditions , wide trails ,excellent sight lines , wide sweeping curves .very few road crossings . So yeah the odd track does get sacrificed . As long as it happens on the last day , all you can do is smile and wave as the rest of the gang blows by you. 

speed in marginal conditions for sure, but I’m not running higher speeds in that. 

Otherwise I agree , depending where you ride, it’s hard not to keep a good pace. 

No way anyone is getting to their destinations on trips running 50kph…..:coffeenose:

14 minutes ago, signfan said:

Yeah everyones got their own opinion.  Personally, I'm looking for my sled to ride like its on rails.  Need the skis on the ground to do that.  With the flip chip you can still get that ski lift if you want can't you?

Flip chip being that transfer setting clip in skid?

If so I have mine on more transfer and it’s still more planted than I’m used too. 
Keep in mind the sleds I rode for the past 10 plus years had an uncoupled skid, so they are very transfer happy. 

2 hours ago, Ox said:

50KPH

No sir posted at 70 kph. 

• Haha 1

Ski lift on any Trail Skidoo is marginal. Just a slight weight movement but nothing like an uncoupled skid where you have to wait until you exit the corner before giving it the throttle 

14 hours ago, signfan said:

Flipping those cams around on the RMX skid does very little and it’s a total PITA job to do.  

• Like 1

I have a 2022 Renegade X 900R for sale, factory warranty until December 2024.

Sled has the following options:

Ice Ripper XT 1.25” pre-studded track.

Pilot TX adjustable skis, remote running board adjustable rear preload and compression.

Medium windshield.

Cowl-mounted air deflectors.

Handguard mounted mirrors.

BRP Auxiliary LED lights.

Glovebox extension w/ Garmin AMPS mount (GPS not included).

USB outlet in Glovebox.

Ice scratchers.

HD torsion springs (270/271).

Shocks serviced/recharged and sliders changed at 5,400 km. All 2023 updates done.

Sled has been very well maintained, in excellent condition.  Ordered a 2024.