Polaris Matryx Seat

Nunz

Thought I would ask, is there anyone out there with a Polaris Matryx that has the very firm seat that would be interested in trading for one for the softer foam? My seat is from a 2023 XCR all black.

The harder foam is yellow which is the one I am looking for.

Thanks in advance

Is the heated seat firmer ? 
I was sorta looking at it but realized it didn’t have the red stripe mine has its all black 

It’s supposed to be firmer, I ended up finding someone to trade seats with me and another for my brothers new Xcr 

• Like 1

I thought one of the pros of the poo seats was they were flat (that other manufacturers are following suite on) and firmer - did things change based on some peoples negative feedback perhaps?

My seat is a bit on the plush side too for my liking, apparently if I put the 850 seat on, they are firmer and I think a bit higher, but you lose the rear seat compartment storage if I’m not mistaken. 

When I was using an Indy as my main sled a few years ago, I replaced the stock seat with a slightly firmer seat from another Poo model.  
For me, the firmer seat turned out not to be good for all-day groomed trail riding; The backside starts to hurt in the afternoon.
 I went back to the stock seat. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stoney said:

I thought one of the pros of the poo seats was they were flat (that other manufacturers are following suite on) and firmer - did things change based on some peoples negative feedback perhaps?

My seat is a bit on the plush side too for my liking, apparently if I put the 850 seat on, they are firmer and I think a bit higher, but you lose the rear seat compartment storage if I’m not mistaken. 

My 21 had a vet firm seat, 22 was much softer and the 22 seemed a little more soft yet again, for me it’s more the  seating position vs the comfort being a little higher up. 

This topic is bringing back memories of sled junk. He wasn’t happy with the spongy material used in the Yamaha vector seat. Dave removed the cover from the seat and added padding until the correct firmness was achieved. Unfortunately the padding turned very hard in the cold and the seat had a firmness similar to concrete. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stoney said:

Wonder if a more dense foam costs more money than and it’s just a cost cutting measure. 

They all cut costs wherever they can. Only us as avid real time users notice the deficiencies

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stoney said:

Wonder if a more dense foam costs more money than and it’s just a cost cutting measure. 

I had read online that it was a supply chain issue that forced the change  

On 12/28/2022 at 11:10 AM, Nunz said:

Thought I would ask, is there anyone out there with a Polaris Matryx that has the very firm seat that would be interested in trading for one for the softer foam? My seat is from a 2023 XCR all black.

The harder foam is yellow which is the one I am looking for.

Thanks in advance

In case you haven't seen this.

Matrix Seat

16 hours ago, Puggz said:

In case you haven't seen this.

Matrix Seat

Thanks, its really weird cause my 2023 seat foam and my brothers was white and soft vs what others are saying. One of those things you need to actually check the seat out. I am fine with trading the higher seat position over the softer seat. My knees aren't what they used to be lol. 

@Re:Leaf lol I have been thinking of Dave quite a bit in trying to figure out the seat thing.

• Like 1

Wish I've had some "seat time" on mine so I could offer an opinion... 😒

• Like 1