Gloves.

zoso

15 hours ago, stoney said:

Here is hoping I’m still good this year with my set up….muffs and thin gloves. 

When this doesn’t work, I’ll consider the heated option. 
But I agree, it sucks to have stiff fingered gloves. 

x2

Went to muffs a few years ago and wondered why I waited so long. Used non insulated gloves first time out and got blisters. got some insulated deer skins from Marks. Much better. Keep some big ol' mitts on board for digging out moments

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 8:54 AM, 95rxl650 said:

Keep some big ol' mitts on board for digging out moments

I like that idea. Guessin' you ride with Doos' behind you? 🙃

In all seriousness - my second pair has always been thin. A trick I learned from the TekVest company owner. Let the heat get into your hands from the grips by wearing thin leather gloves. But as I age, no longer liking that as much. Second pair will be big ol' mitts for the reasons you outlined. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Canuck said:

In all seriousness - my second pair has always been thin. A trick I learned from the TekVest company owner. Let the heat get into your hands from the grips by wearing thin leather gloves. But as I age, no longer liking that as much. Second pair will be big ol' mitts for the reasons you outlined. Thanks.

Always put your most capable on clean-up as no-one's coming back to help them.

The second to the last guy never looks back anyhow.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ox said:

Always put your most capable on clean-up as no-one's coming back to help them.

The second to the last guy never looks back anyhow.

Not in our group Ox. We have always made sure we keep an eye behind. Most distance back to find the guy(s) behind is normally no more than a couple of miles . 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 11:23 AM, Canuck said:

I ride alone..... but the narcolepsy says bring mitts and a shovel

1 hour ago, 95rxl650 said:

I ride alone..... but the narcolepsy says bring mitts and a shovel

Until chain case blows apart. I hate riding alone. At least in south someone usually comes by to help. I have towed many to road have seen it all. Thabkfully I only needed help once  and left it at edge of road. When I came back a few hours later police was there. 🤦‍♂️

I was like if you want it take it. No way I am taking someone else’s broken sled. Showed all paper work and loaded it up. Thought maybe he give me a hand but not that day 😳
I always pack those chemical hand and feet warmers. Save day if you ever have to walk 😎

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Until chain case blows apart. I hate riding alone. At least in south someone usually comes by to help. I have towed many to road have seen it all.

I always pack those chemical hand and feet warmers. Save day if you ever have to walk 😎

Fingers crossed. 45 years and never towed home. Limped home a few times. 

Hand warmers are your friend. I justed added three more big bags to my collection. I salmon fish on Georgian Bay in early spring. Many mornings breaking ice to get a line down. my pockets each have "hot paws" every morning. My hands have never been as cold sledding as they get fishing. Every time you get a fish your hands are exposed to the wet. Fighting the fish, getting your hooks out, dipping them in the water to clean off the slime and scales. Fun times. 

Never towed off the water either. I'm alittle anal about maintenance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 95rxl650 said:

Hand warmers are your friend. I justed added three more big bags to my collection. I salmon fish on Georgian Bay in early spring. Many mornings breaking ice to get a line down. my pockets each have "hot paws" every morning. My hands have never been as cold sledding as they get fishing. Every time you get a fish your hands are exposed to the wet. Fighting the fish, getting your hooks out, dipping them in the water to clean off the slime and scales. Fun times. 

Nice I usually do lots of maintaince too but these new four strokes just turn key and go lol. No codes you good 😆
fuses, relays, tow rope, and usually supplies plus a bag of jerky if I have to sit for abit 😎

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

bag of jerky

Chicken Jerky  no doubt

• Haha 3

On 12/2/2023 at 7:35 PM, Strong Farmer said:

...Thankfully I only needed help once  and left it at edge of road. When I came back a few hours later police was there. 🤦‍♂️

...Showed all paper work and loaded it up. Thought maybe he give me a hand but not that day 😳

Funny about police assistance. We were parked in the Collingwood area and saw an OPP sled blow a corner (it happens). Drove up the few metres, dug him out - his partner assisted. Asked if we could take a pic while the OPP sled was buried. Nope. Respected that.

But wish I had that pic (and that you have assistance with your sled, SF - like we help others with their sleds).

7 hours ago, Canuck said:

Funny about police assistance. We were parked in the Collingwood area and saw an OPP sled blow a corner (it happens). Drove up the few metres, dug him out - his partner assisted. Asked if we could take a pic while the OPP sled was buried. Nope. Respected that.

But wish I had that pic (and that you have assistance with your sled, SF - like we help others with their sleds).

That’s funny next time don’t ask, you know rules 😎
I always found police to be nicer when actually riding sleds, compared to patrolling in a cruiser.  

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

That’s funny next time don’t ask, you know rules 😎
I always found police to be nicer when actually riding sleds, compared to patrolling in a cruiser.  

You speak from lots of experience? 😜

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:00 AM, 95rxl650 said:

Keep knocking on that wood!