2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

So here is my thought/ rant of the day about these sleds.  If the sleds are missing so many elements (gage dials, post locks, shocks, air ride...) why are we told we need to pay full price upon pickup.  Yes I know we can choose not to pick them up and there are options, but will next year be any better?  If we still want the sleds why are we made to pay full price for unfinished machines.  Shouldn't there be an adjustment since who knows when parts will or ever be available to complete the sleds.

Again just my thoughts as I sit here and stew about what may or may not be on my sled after reading  the responses above.

Seems to me these manufacturers are just passing the blame around and enough with all the excuses.

Maybe I need to have my own protest to Ski-Doo on this 🤔 @Turbo Doo I may be going on a road trip.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

So here is my thought/ rant of the day about these sleds.  If the sleds are missing so many elements (gage dials, post locks, shocks, air ride...) why are we told we need to pay full price upon pickup.  Yes I know we can choose not to pick them up and there are options, but will next year be any better?  If we still want the sleds why are we made to pay full price for unfinished machines.  Shouldn't there be an adjustment since who knows when parts will or ever be available to complete the sleds.

Again just my thoughts as I sit here and stew about what may or may not be on my sled after reading  the responses above.

Seems to me these manufacturers are just passing the blame around and enough with all the excuses.

Maybe I need to have my own protest to Ski-Doo on this 🤔 @Turbo Doo I may be going on a road trip.

20 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Technically, the dealer is not supposed to release the sled to the buyer until it is 100% complete. 

Cannot see you getting your sled unless it is complete.

The only part that I have read about where a dealer released a sled is with different skis that what was supposed to be on it.

Not saying it has not happened elsewhere of course though.

Dealing with any distributor or manufacture in the last 12+ months, is the same for all.

Other than missing or not getting parts, the new standard is where the price would normally be held at the old prices based on PO issued / quoted project, I am seeing price increases based on product delivered due to delays and increases "out of their control" - yes, most times I fight it and win, but not always.

As for prices coming down after this is ever over, highly unlikely, but what you will see is more incentives or promotions in lieu of decreased prices - this is what I am hearing across the board as well.

No one is getting anything from any manufacture as a result of this, other than frustrations.

Challenging & frustrating times no doubt.

Yeah, my dealer said my sled was in but without skis. Had the audacity to suggest I go to Royal and purchase a set of C&As in order to get it out the door and into my hands lol. Excuse me but I purchased a complete sled

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

Settle down @Mrs Turbo Doo...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Yeah, my dealer said my sled was in but without skis. Had the audacity to suggest I go to Royal and purchase a set of C&As in order to get it out the door and into my hands lol. Excuse me but I purchased a complete sled

I am sure others would be more than happy to go buy skis to get there unit on the snow.

Manufacture could offer an in store credit for the missing skis though in light of the situation and the part that is missing - not like a shock or gauge.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

If they were to perhaps offer some credit towards accessories, or something, it would at least make us feel like they care.

20 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Absolutely, but understand their just trying to get you the sled....maybe THEY should buy you the missing ski's from Royal.

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Settle down @Mrs Turbo Doo...

Ah, not the kind of statement you want to put in print, will come back to haunt you!!  😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldslowsledder said:

If they were to perhaps offer some credit towards accessories, or something, it would at least make us feel like they care.

Absolutely, but understand their just trying to get you the sled....maybe THEY should buy you the missing ski's from Royal.

Ah, not the kind of statement you want to put in print, will come back to haunt you!!  😁

LMFAO...

1 hour ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

@Mrs Turbo Doo, I told you what our solution will be,  geez.....

• Like 1

Sled production ends on Jan 31.    This is a firm date.    They are getting everything built as complete as possible and letting the dealers "complete" them when the missing parts become available.    If your sled isnt built on Feb 1, it is getting cancelled.   

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

When I called BRP I made that very same suggestion.  Give me a credit at least for something to show you care.  Even a $100 all your stuff is way over that anyway so you will make money.  It is the principle involved.

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

You would think BRP would step up and support the dealers and say go put some skis on it at their expense

You would think and it would be good customer service.

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

@Mrs Turbo Doo, I told you what our solution will be,  geez.....

Yes yes I know Mr @Turbo Doo.

Still needed to rant a bit today.  Makes me so mad everything I hear more and more might not be coming on the sled.  :mad: .

Thanks for letting me rant I will get back to work and dream about sledding whenever that may be...lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

When I called BRP I made that very same suggestion.  Give me a credit at least for something to show you care.  Even a $100 all your stuff is way over that anyway so you will make money.  It is the principle involved.

You would think and it would be good customer service.

Yes yes I know Mr @Turbo Doo.

Still needed to rant a bit today.  Makes me so mad everything I hear more and more might not be coming on the sled.  :mad: .

Thanks for letting me rant I will get back to work and dream about sledding whenever that may be...lol

I've got a spare sled over here you guys can use. I'm sure the Mr. would ride it and you could take his.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Anytime Buddy LOL

• Like 1