Southern Sno Riders

yamadan700

Congrats to the club for having the only trails open south of Cochrane!!!

Probably the first time ever! :right_on:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yamadan700 said:

Congrats to the club for having the only trails open south of Cochrane!!!

Probably the first time ever! :right_on:

Yes, congrats to the club. I sure hope the first riders out follow the signage religiously. There must be a few farms that the club has access to that have winter wheat  growing. If corners get cut early and a track gets established off the signed route, it sometimes gets hard, even for well intentioned sledders to stay on course.

• Thanks 2

Looks like an atv trail with that mud hole 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yeah I was going to go load up but now I am thinking better off to ride in my own fields. 

Limited trails usually aren’t that great but I understand those who need to scratch the itch 

Tomorrow or Bust!   The guys down there are always opening when they can!  Great job..I will add its one the nicest area South of Barrie i have ridden, lots of ravines and bush .nice warm up's..always try to get there when they open for a day or three . Nothing last year.  

Edited by RCR
  • Like 3

Any thoughts on parking? Mrs and I will be making our way from Kitchener.

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I have absolutey zero interest to go ride that.  Hats of to the volunteers,  but thats a far cry from what my interest needs are...

I have seen worse actually. Limited trails will sell permits now if they can stay open. Haven’t been on a green trail In south in a few years now. Kudo’s To club and hopefully conditions improve 

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

Waterford large parking lot .

Thank you!

Locals have it pretty ripped up today!  Nothing frozen. Lots of snirt showing. Mild weather forecasted tomorrow, I certainly wouldn’t trailer in here, you will likely be disappointed. They will likely close at some point tomorrow afternoon. 

• Thanks 2

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the update. 

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I have absolutey zero interest to go ride that.  Hats of to the volunteers,  but thats a far cry from what my interest needs are...

6 minutes ago, snowcowboy22 said:

Locals have it pretty ripped up today!  Nothing frozen. Lots of snirt showing. Mild weather forecasted tomorrow, I certainly wouldn’t trailer in here, you will likely be disappointed. They will likely close at some point tomorrow afternoon. 

I help out this local club. Don’t want to see people disappointed trailering in. The trails are far from our usual standards. With zero frost in the ground,  goal was to let the sleds pack it a bit along with groomers and hopefully more snow would follow. Unfortunately Mother Nature looks like she is going give us rain instead.   Locals haven’t got many miles down here in last few years. Some of them made up for that this afternoon.  

• Thanks 1