South Eastern Ontario..End of season.

zoso

nothing open in southern ontario....a small section around Collingwood and up towards lions head...guessing that will be closed soon too...surprised they are even open.....guessing those trails would be ice...

Yup already gave the sledding a quick rinse off. Unless we get a big storm in March, no sledding unless you want to travel

31 minutes ago, hancop said:

time to open trails in southern ontario to ATV's year round as can't snowmobile on them anymore. No such thing as Winter down here anymore :)

You just trade your sled for an atv? Lol

Where is that weather expert that claimed a cold second half to winter, that was suppose to last into late march. Looks like El Niño beat up La Niña and won again. Hopefully nina can get back up for one more round in early march. Cross our fingers! 

Ugh

Even if we get more snow it will take too much to get them up and running again, I don't think they will waste anymore money and time grooming after its all gone next week

12 hours ago, hancop said:

time to open trails in southern ontario to ATV's year round as can't snowmobile on them anymore. No such thing as Winter down here anymore :)

still put on over 1300 miles in southern ontario this season..if you are not willing to trailer alot then I would not invest 15 k plus on new sled for acouple times possibly in a year....atvs on sled  trails will never happen...would teat trails and crops up....getting harder to find trails in atv season that are legal

Calling for 10 and rain at the first of the week here in the Muskoka’s ,thinking that will finish us off up here too,might do a trip up to Gowganda next weekend and come home and put the machine to bed 

19 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Calling for 10 and rain at the first of the week here in the Muskoka’s ,thinking that will finish us off up here too,might do a trip up to Gowganda next weekend and come home and put the machine to bed 

Never know you guys have more bush, so it might hold, if rain holds off. Either way third week of feb ending in your area is depressing. I am hoping north will last until end of march, but that might be pushing it. 

13 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Been a roller coaster ride in the south yet again this year. 

No doubt. A season that brought lots of hope, then kicked us in the balls,  then once again shined for a moment, only to be put to bed early. Still some riding to be had here at home, but it is getting sparse and will be gone when the rain hits early this coming week. Oh well, I cannot complain, I rode from the garage often and can still trailer to ride.

My first rides on really good snow this year came this week out of Orillia on Tues and again yesterday out of Fenelon Falls. Few weeks ago in Quebec was ok but certainly well off from premium. Only year I've logged less miles,  when I sat out a winter with no sled.

Original plan was to trade the Pro S  n replace with an XCR end of this season,  with trades in the toilet (in spite of new being priced very right) not a chance, even in my warped mind,  I can justify the expense.

i was going to spring check an 850 and have been so excited about it (especially since wife gave the green light), but given this depressing winter just like zr sledhead there is no way i can justify the cost, but i am really disappointed ):

Carleton Regional was in good shape, went Manotick E to Carlsbad, then balked at the 417 X-ing. back around Metcalfe the long way, back home via Osgoode, for 120 k.

I'm away for a bit, if this was my farewell to local sledding, it was a good day...

17 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Carleton Regional was in good shape, went Manotick E to Carlsbad, then balked at the 417 X-ing. back around Metcalfe the long way, back home via Osgoode, for 120 k.

I'm away for a bit, if this was my farewell to local sledding, it was a good day...

I think I will have my last kick at the can from home in the morning. Trying to figure out how to get gas as the trails that are passable have none for a while, might have to get a jerry can early and then ride.

5 hours ago, zoso said:

This is what I found today. Trails were ice, with a very thing light snow over top. No overheat, no melting hyfax. Some were rough, some were awesome, some fields were passable but sad.

DSCF5622.JPG

DSCF5623.JPG

DSCF5624.JPG

DSCF5625.JPG

DSCF5626.JPG

trails look ok...where are theses trails?...

Archived