Who's running B103 this week?

Blake G

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no washout. Gone.

Thanks Blake, I kinda thought that would be the case. When I left Tuesday AM it had been in the -20's for two nites in a row. Looks like a great weekendahead!!

Livin'

Fenelon to Haliburton B103 snow base fine as of this afternoon. Starting to get bumpier between Kinmount and Haliburton but still ok at reasonable trail speed. Slightly thinner but a bit smoother south of Kinmount.

Getting fuel in Fenelon required running along low snow bank between houses and road. Watch out for hostile older homeowner yelling and brandishing his cane.

The turbo Arctic Cat can go pretty good on bare pavement, when necessary.

Ha Ha..from the old Donut shop south of the railroad bridge you can run behind it  past the community arena and go beside Canadian Tire to cross the road to the UltraMar.

Bumped into OC member snow 4 dancer and his dad today at the junction of B103 and E108. We discussed the joys of midweek sledding while IREVerent and Mrs IREVerent waited patiently for me up the trail a bit.

The Dancers live in Grimsby, and snowmobile out of Snowcrest territory from their cottage, near Trail 4 in Severn Bridge. Near neighbours with Extreme600 at both ends!

Blake, thanks for joining Mrs. irREVerent and I on a nice "tune-up" ride today down the rail line between Haliburton and Fenelon Falls, and back...total of 135 kms +.  Brought back lots of memories from our many years of riding in that area when we had a cottage in Haliburton County.  Conditions were quite acceptable all the way down, except for a bit of a challenge to/from get to the gas station, as Blake mentioned above.  I'm sure the old guy with the cane is still mumbling to himself.  

Oh, and here's a lunch recommendation for others riding to or from Haliburton...when we got back to Head Lake Park around 1:15, we loaded the sleds and then wandered across the street to a restaurant/bakery called "Baked & Battered".  Very good food in a nice casual atmosphere, with lots of variety, good daily specials and everything seemed to be fresh.  It also has a separate room just for fish and chips (lots of choice), and since it is a bakery as well, lots of sweet treats to pick from.  Of course, Blake had to sample the butter tarts to confirm their legitimacy [newsflash -- I don't think any of the ones he bought made it all the way home with him... :-D]   Everything was well-priced given the calibre of the offerings, so I would highly recommend it. :right_on:  :right_on:

Ha Ha..from the old Donut shop south of the railroad bridge you can run behind it  past the community arena and go beside Canadian Tire to cross the road to the UltraMar.

Maybe that's what the guy with the cane was yelling to us?

Next time for sure.

Blake, thanks for joining Mrs. irREVerent and I on a nice "tune-up" ride today down the rail line between Haliburton and Fenelon Falls, and back...total of 135 kms +.  Brought back lots of memories from our many years of riding in that area when we had a cottage in Haliburton County.  Conditions were quite acceptable all the way down, except for a bit of a challenge to/from get to the gas station, as Blake mentioned above.  I'm sure the old guy with the cane is still mumbling to himself.  

Oh, and here's a lunch recommendation for others riding to or from Haliburton...when we got back to Head Lake Park around 1:15, we loaded the sleds and then wandered across the street to a restaurant/bakery called "Baked & Battered".  Very good food in a nice casual atmosphere, with lots of variety, good daily specials and everything seemed to be fresh.  It also has a separate room just for fish and chips (lots of choice), and since it is a bakery as well, lots of sweet treats to pick from.  Of course, Blake had to sample the butter tarts to confirm their legitimacy [newsflash -- I don't think any of the ones he bought made it all the way home with him... :-D]   Everything was well-priced given the calibre of the offerings, so I would highly recommend it. :right_on:  :right_on:

It was a pleasure, iREVerent. I look forward to more rides together, this season and in seasons to come.

Bumped into OC member snow 4 dancer and his dad today at the junction of B103 and E108. We discussed the joys of midweek sledding while IREVerent and Mrs IREVerent waited patiently for me up the trail a bit.

The Dancers live in Grimsby, and snowmobile out of Snowcrest territory from their cottage, near Trail 4 in Severn Bridge. Near neighbours with Extreme600 at both ends!

OMG that is awesome!!  Obviously they are nice people also right Blake?

Yes, they are very nice, as a matter of fact.

Great day on the rail trail today. Not sure why the Pinery trails are GREEN though? Met lots of nice folks too

Pinery trails not good?

Did you end up any farther south than fenelon, as the Lindsay trail just went yellow.

Curious if anyone rode them today.. As we're headed up tomorrow for a rip.

A guy at work lives in Lindsay and he walked his dog on rail trail yesterday. He said there were a few sleds go by. He said there's a solid base but needs snow.

Stay away from the restaurant Livings talking about,it's called the Dock Side.There is a new place on Cameron Lake called This Place on Cameron,just behind Fenelon Marina,just off the trail before the bridge heading north,after the bridge heading south.When Cameron Lake is safe KLSC stakes a trail to the door.The owner of This Place on Cameron worked at Dock Side they treated her like crap,all the regulars are going to her place now.For some reason her add signs out on the trails are going missing,wonder who is taking them down.The food is sooooo good and the price's are right.

we did go south on the rail trail. We turned around almost at Thunderbridge. The snow was thinner and we were not getting a lot of lube, but it was great! As flat as can be and fast! 

so you can not get there now???

Yes you can,just a short ride west on county rd 8 which is the road by the school parking lot,then right on the road just before the marina,or if the marina is open you can go through there lot  and its right there when you go through the back gates of the marina.

It won't matter after tomorrow with the amount of rain coming in, but damn someone put the Lindsay rail trail back to red.

The trail from thunder ridge over to the gas station is closed and there is no snow..

Other than that decent day, but I think you'll see most trails go to red by tomorrow.. Sigh ..

Lol.. Yeah you guys passed us this afternoon. We were sitting off to the side off the trail in the ditch, when you went by.

One was a viper the other was a 'doo

Archived