El Nino Winter

Dan-Senior

A mild winter with roller-coaster temperatures and plenty of rain. Those are my memories of the 1997-98 El Nino. 

Ice coverage for Lake Superior was only 10% that year and Lake Huron wasn't much higher at 30%. 

My strategy for the upcoming El Nino season is to ride on the day it snows, because 1 or 2 days later it might just melt.

If Dave Phillips is predicting it, buy a new sled tomorrow.

A mild winter with roller-coaster temperatures and plenty of rain. Those are my memories of the 1997-98 El Nino. 

Ice coverage for Lake Superior was only 10% that year and Lake Huron wasn't much higher at 30%. 

My strategy for the upcoming El Nino season is to ride on the day it snows, because 1 or 2 days later it might just melt.

hey sour sally, take that crap someplace else :lol:

I am hearing the winter will start abit later with a few rises and falls then the big drop will occur and we will be in the freezer for 8 weeks. No two elino's are alike and this winter is a fairly weak one. Better get the sled ready and save rain coat for spring my friend. You will need it then. Enough said!

Actually this is a very strong El Niño year . There saying could be one of the strongest on record. One thing about El Niño's, lots of storms running the jet with temps averaging 1 to 2 degrees above normal. The last el nino's year we had was pretty good. 2009 I beleive?

CityTV Toronto was talking about maybe 10-15 for the snow belt areas of southern ontario this weekend.

CityTV Toronto was talking about maybe 10-15 for the snow belt areas of southern ontario this weekend.

That'll keep the cidiots south of Steeles Ave'.

I also saw this on Barrie news last night. Time to start packing the trails.

I have to finish winterizing mine and get it in the barn.Another year the boat gets put away wet.gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I was told last weekend that Dollarama sells something called dampbox (think that was the name). You open the top and put a few of them around the boat and it collects the moisture and deposits it as water in the container. My buddy claims it even collects water inside his park model trailer that has 4 season windows

That will make them put thier boats away

I take it you have lots of boats to come in yet?

Some guys keep the boat in the water right up to the last minute. 1 guy I know still goes out on his Sea-Doo in November on lake rosseau.

Some guys keep the boat in the water right up to the last minute. 1 guy I know still goes out on his Sea-Doo in November on lake rosseau.

If you actually use it I do not mind in fact I celebrate it . The guys that get on my nerves are the guys that have not used it in months and really have no intention of using it but just in case 

I have one guy that wants to boat in Simcoe this weekend! Enjoy that ! 

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/search-for-missing-newmarket-man-continues-on-lake-simcoe-1.2611810

This might change his mind.

I was told last weekend that Dollarama sells something called dampbox (think that was the name). You open the top and put a few of them around the boat and it collects the moisture and deposits it as water in the container. My buddy claims it even collects water inside his park model trailer that has 4 season windows

I have that. It works well.

Damprid

I use it in my trailer over the winter as well.

http://www.damprid.com/

Archived