ATV's do it again

blue er

Another trail down according the pres of my club atv trespassing on tye's mountain trail, just got that loop opened a couple seasons ago.

dont get these guys hundreds of k of crown land foreset access rds ect in the area and they think they have the right to go anywhere and in the end it's up to snowmobilers to police em or lose more trails

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love it when they cut the locks off of the gates that are closing off the access to the private property.... I've seen a couple parked outside the local food stop that are carrying bolt cutters with them. I wonder what they could be for.

Talked to a guy at a party the other night who told me that since he put tracks on his ATV and he can now go anywhere, he doesn't understand why anyone would want a snowmobile.

Oh, really?

Maybe this will help make you feel better about ATVers

that did make me feel better dom lol

me too.... I at times wonder what people get out of inflicting stuff like that on themselves but then I think back to my rodeo days and I must have been crazy

This gate was "pretzelled" last year around the time of the deer hunt. It's on E107 down near Jack's Lake.

post-19781-0-29298300-1428347404_thumb.jpg

We drive by it on our way to the back access to our woodlot. It was intact 1 week & a few days later it was still chained to both posts, but basically looked like an hour glass. Not sure if it was ATVers or hunters. There are 3 gangs that set up beside the road for the deer hunt.

post-19781-0-33752800-1428347771_thumb.jpg

This sign of ours was OK when we were by it on the afternoon before the Monday opener. Thu' or Fri' morning I heard shooting out in the vicinity of the gate on the old logging road. I hiked over to it & found the shot up sign. There was snow on the ground & no tracks, so it was shot up earlier in the week. The thing that irritates us is that there is 6 or so hundred acres on the Crown for the idgits to hunt on. We don't hunt on the Crown as we have our watches set up on our property. The parents have owned it since '92 & the only interaction we've had was just before the hunt in '93. We had posted the property that summer. We were checking the old road & came across 3 older gentlemen of "New Canadian" heritage. We explained to them that we'd be hunting there that week. One guy understood, the 2nd guy was whining about hunting there last year & the 3rd guy never said a word. Whether he understood English or not, I don't know. Until last year's episode, we haven't found any sign of folks being on the property during the hunt.

People just don't get the concept of private property. A friend on the Niagara Escarpment near Gerogetown (3rd generation 150 acre farm - not farmed anymore) was asked to let hikers through his property. He was tired of picking up their garbage they left behind. The whining that came because of it was unreal. He told them when you get me a permit that says I can walk through the backyards of the people of the GTA I will let them walk through mine.

Maybe this will help make you feel better about ATVers

Golly, you just made my afternoon. I'll give the guy at 2:25 extra points on style on the dismount summersault.

An asshat is an asshat, whether on a snowmobile, ATV, motorcyce, boat, dogsled, horse, skier, hunter, etc. Take your pick. There are inconsiderate idiots regardless of the activity. Hopefully they don't ruin things for the rest of us.

I have only had one issue with a trespassing hunter in 20+ years.

Said he was lost but I know I was BS, he was a local and knew exactly where he was.

We have a guy who drives his atv right over the sled access trail on the ice and totally messes it up on purpose all winter to go ice fishing. He can access the lake 50 feet away on a plowed trail that goes out to the ice huts, but no fu&k tard drives over the nice sled trail back and forth sideways making nice grooves as all of you know. Most of the time messing it up for the winter unless we get a nice snow fall to fill it in.

We have a guy who drives his atv right over the sled access trail on the ice and totally messes it up on purpose all winter to go ice fishing. He can access the lake 50 feet away on a plowed trail that goes out to the ice huts, but no fu&k tard drives over the nice sled trail back and forth sideways making nice grooves as all of you know. Most of the time messing it up for the winter unless we get a nice snow fall to fill it in.

he deserves a couple of flat tires then 

People just don't get the concept of private property. He was tired of picking up their garbage they left behind. 

Don't get me started on the garbage piles in the bush.

An asshat is an asshat, whether on a snowmobile, ATV, motorcyce, boat, dogsled, horse, skier, hunter, etc. Take your pick. There are inconsiderate idiots regardless of the activity. Hopefully they don't ruin things for the rest of us.

Quite true. 

I'm always reading comments from the guys on the hunting forums that own ATVs, but don't snowmobile. They wish the OFATV & OFSC would share trails. 

:rotflmao:

"Na gonna happen" As Dana Carvey channeling George HW Bush would say.

I remember putting some fencing up to close a trail 1 spring. It was thru a mossy section of a bog. There was some ice remaining from the groomed trail, but the "ground" was intact. If it was open to ATVs, it would be a mud bog in no time. 

Don't get me started on the garbage piles in the bush.

Quite true. 

I'm always reading comments from the guys on the hunting forums that own ATVs, but don't snowmobile. They wish the OFATV & OFSC would share trails. 

:rotflmao:

"Na gonna happen" As Dana Carvey channeling George HW Bush would say.

I remember putting some fencing up to close a trail 1 spring. It was thru a mossy section of a bog. There was some ice remaining from the groomed trail, but the "ground" was intact. If it was open to sleds, it would be a mud bog in no time. 

but some of the trails would work 

but some of the trails would work 

Probably the only trails that would work would be on Crown Land. Then the OFATV would have to deal w/ the MNR. I know from my experience on the club executive, the landowners want no part of ATVs on their property. 

Folks along Hwy 507 lost half of the available area for ATVing when the province created the Kawartha Highlands PP. No ATVs allowed unless used by a member of a recreation camp accessing said camp. Joe or Jane Public can't ride in it.

The 5 Points system is still open. 

whens the last time a group of sledders got together with winch on there sleds tore down gates went riding and trespassing while rutting up the ground and got a atv trail closed

whens the last time a group of sledders got together with winch on there sleds tore down gates went riding and trespassing while rutting up the ground and got a atv trail closed

hasn't happened... not all ATV riders are bad and not all snowmobilers are bad. The trail running through Elmvale was closed this winter due to people who couldn't stay between the stake lines on private property.

So true. Other then a certain group of asshats sledders are great people. Typically obey rules maybe not speed limits, but I would like to think most are respectful of the great people that let us enjoy great trails by giving us permission to be on their land.

hasn't happened... not all ATV riders are bad and not all snowmobilers are bad. The trail running through Elmvale was closed this winter due to people who couldn't stay between the stake lines on private property.

I'm on both sides of the fence and south of us there's more than enough Crown Land trails to ride the Ranger around on. If I want to put more miles on I'll head over to Hastings County & ride the railbeds.

Lol.......Totally agree but do not want to go to that level. Friggin guy is brutal.

I don't care what anyone else thinks .... an azzhat like that needs a good clock cleaning by a group of bigass sledders with sledges to adjust his quad for him and put him on crutches for a coupla months .... next time he'll get his head out of his arse and stay the f off the sled trail .....

I don't care what anyone else thinks .... an azzhat like that needs a good clock cleaning by a group of bigass sledders with sledges to adjust his quad for him and put him on crutches for a coupla months .... next time he'll get his head out of his arse and stay the f off the sled trail .....

ok I agree but was trying to be nice............I failed 

you forgot the most common asshat of all...............behind the wheel of an automobile!

When some azzhat sledder does something stupid and non sledders start painting all sledders with the same brush you guys are quick to let it be known that this is not true. Yet, you have no problem doing the same thing to ATVer's!!! Just like snowmobiling, ATVing have people that just don't care what they do or where they go and they never will!!!

Archived