Snowmobile Ramp

Pota

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy something to load/unload my sled for my pick up truck. With all the expertise here, I figure someone can point me in the right direction.

Pm me your email and I will send you a video and contact info for a great ramp. I tried to post it but wouldn't work

goggle REVARC snowmobile ramp works good watch the you tube video

Check with Brian (rampman).  His Lock and Roll system is quite good.  Search for Lock and Roll

I've seen a few of the guys use the ramp from princess auto or royal but call wild bill at rosseau Rd he might be able to set u up with one

I've seen a few of the guys use the ramp from princess auto or royal but call wild bill at rosseau Rd he might be able to set u up with one

Probably your best bet... typically if Wild Bill recommends something it's because he has used it himself.

Check with Brian (rampman). His Lock and Roll system is quite good. Search for Lock and Roll

X2

I have one of Brians ramps. Works great not bulky and very light due to the aluminum structure. Very sturdy. Brian also backs up his product.

My girlfriend can even load the sled using one arm to lift into the truck bed.

I can get you more info from him directly if interested....

Pota the princess auto trifold ramp works well. Around 300 bucks I think.

X2

I have one of Brians ramps. Works great not bulky and very light due to the aluminum structure. Very sturdy. Brian also backs up his product.

My girlfriend can even load the sled using one arm to lift into the truck bed.

I can get you more info from him directly if interested....

X3

Love my lock n roll.  So does everyone that witnesses how easy loading a sled on them is.

How do you secure it while you're out riding? Apparently there are quite a few thieves out there.

Pota the princess auto trifold ramp works well. Around 300 bucks I think.

That is what I have and they have done the job for the few times I've used them.

I have a lightly used one from Princess Auto I'd like to get rid of.

Send me a PM if interested.

How do you secure it while you're out riding? Apparently there are quite a few thieves out there.

I use a cobra cable and lock. Thieves will get what thieves want...

Build one $150 or less

5/8 plywood or 3/4

3 10ft 2x4s

old bed liner for ski guides

some 1/8inch cable, this is to secure ramp to the box

6-8 caster wheels

find pivot point ,put 2inch x 4 foot plywood, between that and the tailgate

Pic of my ramp in the truck before I lengthened the bed liner ski guides as my new sled is super long compared to my old one when I built it this fall

10712791_10153536497590021_84938934418601016479_10153536495530021_4065805404890910409662_10153614900640021_6078911765520

10405228_10153723046890021_81093576028591743468_10153740357175021_94735614322422

-ride sled up the ramp spindles to the edge

-parking brake and lift and push inside

-strap sled to truck

-slap sled in reverse and release parking brake(not good for belt if you leave brake on lol, don't ask),

-once sled is in reverse it sucks ramp to front of truck bed

-and you are done and ready to drive away

unstrap sled

pull sled/ramp out

and you are good to ride now

-slap sled in reverse and release parking brake(not good for belt if you leave brake on lol, don't ask),

:coffeespit:

Thx for all the insight!

:coffeespit:

took me 5minutes to realize what was wrong with my sled

I unloaded it and test drove it before letting the better half ride it,just did the sliders,bearings and shocks 

So I start to ride and it was clunk click clunk OH NO my clutch is shot what the ..... :angry-smiley-005:

and after inspecting my clutches and jack shaft it dawned on me to check the belt :headbang:  sure enough :icon_doh:

I just bought a brand NEW belt the night before for my spare :icon_tinykitball:

put the new belt on and all is good except I am out $100  :icon_badrazz:  now have to get another belt

it is good thing I built the ramp for my truck as we have no snowbanks to load, using teh ramp is slick :cheers:

Don't feel bad, Freezie, I did exactly the same thing on my first ride last year.

heres my homemade ramp, cost about $80....this year I added a track on the ramp...Diceman

alderdice%2006.jpg

alderdice%2005.jpg

heres my homemade ramp, cost about $80....this year I added a track on the ramp...Diceman

alderdice%2006.jpg

alderdice%2005.jpg

LOVE it!!!

Contact Sean at Team K-OS, shenwood@sympatico.ca he manufactures some great stuff out of his shop in Erin.

My friend has built and sells what he calls a minimover load assist. Google the name and you can find it online. I don't know this sites policy on posting links so I will not post it here. I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture of it.

I use a cobra cable and lock. Thieves will get what thieves want...

I do the same.

I made a lock & roll ramp years ago. Reworking it to reflect the changes due to the skis (Flex/Precision/Pilot). I'm not sure if there have been any changes to the ramps due to the OEMs going to a weight forward design or not (roller location). IMO it was easier to lift & move the sled & ramp fore & aft in the truck when I had the ZX sleds. Now w/ the REV, it seems harder to lift the loaded ramp into the truck. Has anyone else noticed this? BTW, all 3 sleds were/are liquid cooled.

I made a lock & roll ramp years ago. Reworking it to reflect the changes due to the skis (Flex/Precision/Pilot). I'm not sure if there have been any changes to the ramps due to the OEMs going to a weight forward design or not (roller location). IMO it was easier to lift & move the sled & ramp fore & aft in the truck when I had the ZX sleds. Now w/ the REV, it seems harder to lift the loaded ramp into the truck. Has anyone else noticed this? BTW, all 3 sleds were/are liquid cooled.

you would think it would be easier as the weight of the sled is more forward these days

I had to add 8inches to the front of my ramp and should add another row of caster wheels, as my new sled is long

Archived