OFSC Groomer tracking units

Elliotgroomer

Thanks Bill, good news as I didn't install them so didn't realize there was a cradle. The unit they displayed at the AGM was likely without the cradle.

This one is not OFSC's fault but the company that supplied them.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely providing the OFSC personnel did their due diligence in field testing.

Obviously Atlas Trax does not have a very rigorous testing regime before sending multiple malfunctioning units out the door as the season has already commenced.

These should have gone out to Clubs in early-mid October with instructions to field test in personal vehicles for several weeks so as to determine if there were any isolated or widespread failures.

The Rep said in his speech that he would be available day and night to take calls if problems arose.

My point is the OFSC has unfortunately had many successive technological failures over the past 3 years and this is another black eye, deserved or not. This was there time to shine under new management personnel but it didn't happen and I think they should be more forthcoming as to the extent of the problem, what caused it and what can be done to fix it and how long is it going to take.

Hi,

There was a lot of testing done with the Atlas GPS units this year. Several clubs in the north installed one in February and the results were great. It seems that most of the GPS units have the wrong software version installed what give us the pain. The ping on every 15 minutes, this was decided by the governors to save money. Overall the ping every 15 minutes will not make a big impact on the grooming hours also all clubs in Ontario have the same unit and it will have the same impact.

Thanks

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Has any Club received their GPS back from AtlasTrax?

Anyone hear about what the problem was other than "software needs to be updated"

Snowcrest has not received any back. I hope the groomers don't have to be warmed up, to stick these things on the roof. 1 groomer is now parked about 2 hrs from our heated shop and the other about a 10 hour run from the shop unless we pay $400 bucks to float it.  

Hi,

There was a lot of testing done with the Atlas GPS units this year. Several clubs in the north installed one in February and the results were great. It seems that most of the GPS units have the wrong software version installed what give us the pain. The ping on every 15 minutes, this was decided by the governors to save money. Overall the ping every 15 minutes will not make a big impact on the grooming hours also all clubs in Ontario have the same unit and it will have the same impact.

Thanks

Greg

too bad the testing did not translate into success 

Wondering if we're paying the subscription while we wait? Just asking!

Haven't received our unit back. Groomer logs are a no brainer. I have also been testing a fleet tracking app/program with our operators. Seems to be working for us for safety needs. Cheaper than spot and has the same features as the old Fleet tracking system. Geo fencing is a great feature.....

But the cradle had to be mounted somewhere warm

On the muffler? LOL...

We will be mounting ours as recommended but will be also mounting a fixed tether cord....

On the muffler? LOL...

We will be mounting ours as recommended but will be also mounting a fixed tether cord....

We used the sealant and screws still fell off and into the shipping box to be reprogrammed have not seen it since 

This suxs ever since we started working with GPS system ours never worked..... how many times I had to pull the dash apart.. take pictures, go back take serial numbers.... do this.... reset...... agrrrrr We get the current units.... one wont work.... fiddle with it.... finally they work and I can track my groomers.... Yahooo finaly.... 3 days later get an email I have to send them back... so I had to take them back off and ship them back.. agrrrrr....

This suxs ever since we started working with GPS system ours never worked..... how many times I had to pull the dash apart.. take pictures, go back take serial numbers.... do this.... reset...... agrrrrr We get the current units.... one wont work.... fiddle with it.... finally they work and I can track my groomers.... Yahooo finaly.... 3 days later get an email I have to send them back... so I had to take them back off and ship them back.. agrrrrr....

And that is just extra work!  The vendor should have to compensate the clubs for this...

wonder when they are coming back ? Pretty poor performance really 

Bulletin from the OFSC this morning stating all units that have been received by Atlastrax will hopefully be shipped by to the Didtrict Offices by this Friday.

They are in some guy's basement....He'll be done by April! :headbang:

They are probably doing a battery drain test as that was one of the problems reported.

Archived