Snowmobilers with Go Pro threatened by guy with gun

Running Wild

CBC news. Lots of reading here with over 1700 comments. Will be looking forward to the follow up to see if charges are laid. At the time of the video I think the gun guy is off his property and the snowmobilers  appear to be on a groomed trail.

Look here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/snowmobilers-threatened-with-gun-catch-incident-on-video-1.2577303

RW

Maybe they will stop trespassing.  Not condoning the gun, but if they lay charges for that they should also lay trespassing charges to the sledders.  This is as bad as trespassing ATV's.  Organized trails have ben setup for a reason.  Sledders need to use them.

Well first off all, all his guns should be seized. A man who threatens with a gun has full intention to use it. Hitting this guy in the head  is assault. I sure hope this guy gets charged to the fullest and may want to rethink his ways. Trespassing is wrong but sure not to that level.

RR

Someone was saying we haven't heard from wenailem lately...

"but maintained he never intended to shoot either of the men with the gun."

Then why bring it? All 3 should be charged.

99% of the time if the man would have waived the snowmobiles down and talked to them (without a gun) instead of kicking the sled and smacking the guy it would have gone a lot further. Bad decision making all around.

The snowmobilers are completely in the wrong here! There are clearly TRESPASSING and being complete a**wholes about it. "What are we doing wrong". Are you fricking kidding me! This guy has had his cat killed by snowmobiles. I believe that he never intended to shoot the gun. It's amazing how the landowner is now the bad guy. 

The 1 shot shows the landowner pointing the gun @ the sledder. Bad judgement on both sides.

And Canadians wonder about the rationale about shooting a moviegoer that's texting.

As a note this was on the CBC, who have never seen a good snowmobiler or gun owner. They were able to show both are idgits w/ this video.

Sounds like a bunch of idiots on all sides with this one.

Someone was saying we haven't heard from wenailem lately...

Now that's funny.

As for this story, both clearly in the wrong. Sledder approaches gun owner 'on the field' (not on plowed driveway) and says "what the f#ck".  Farmer also gets his licks in.

Not our place to pass judgement. 

take away the guns charge with tresspass and charge with assault simple 

And bring back the long gun registry for good measure.

For you city type people that think farm land is for you here is the simple answer to that.  If you don't own it STAY OFF of it, if you have a trail pass stay on the trail.  That way Farmer's like my self will not be put in to a situation where we loose it because we are sick and tired of property damage, hurting or scaring our animals.  The chance of being sue because you wipe out and some how it is my fault.  Land does not need to be posted to stay off, so don't tell if it is not posted you are allowed on it!!

For you city type people that think farm land is for you here is the simple answer to that.  If you don't own it STAY OFF of it, if you have a trail pass stay on the trail.  That way Farmer's like my self will not be put in to a situation where we loose it because we are sick and tired of property damage, hurting or scaring our animals.  The chance of being sue because you wipe out and some how it is my fault.  Land does not need to be posted to stay off, so don't tell if it is not posted you are allowed on it!!

This statement is right and is the way it should be. Guns should never enter the equation. 

Still no reason to bring a gun into play here.

Yes they were trespassing and should also be charged but this could have turned out a whole lot worse. He was in no way shape or form in danger for his life.

If the farmer was being threatened BEFORE and feared for his life THEN came back out with the gun, now that's a different animal. Either way he should have called the cops and waited.

I've lived in the country and worked on farms for most of my life. This is a first! ( a hopefully the last)

Charge both parties to the fullest and make examples out of them both so nobody does this crap again!!

This is NOT the Good 'ol US of A

Still no reason to bring a gun into play here.

Yes they were trespassing and should also be charged but this could have turned out a whole lot worse. He was in no way shape or form in danger for his life.

If the farmer was being threatened BEFORE and feared for his life THEN came back out with the gun, now that's a different animal. Either way he should have called the cops and waited.

I've lived in the country and worked on farms for most of my life. This is a first! ( a hopefully the last)

Charge both parties to the fullest and make examples out of them both so nobody does this crap again!!

This is NOT the Good 'ol US of A

x2

Been there called the cops, takes a hour for them to show up and they don't help. They say did you get the plate number I say no, well we can't help you.   

shoot them with a camera

The snowmobilers are completely in the wrong here! There are clearly TRESPASSING and being complete a**wholes about it. "What are we doing wrong". Are you fricking kidding me! This guy has had his cat killed by snowmobiles. I believe that he never intended to shoot the gun. It's amazing how the landowner is now the bad guy. 

Nothing wrong with confronting the snowmobiles as I agree they should not be there. That being said no reason to have a gun, that can turn VERY ugly VERY quickly, could result in completely avoidable and unnecessary injury/death to either of the 3 involved.

Just my take on this. I think there is a lot more to this story than we will know. The gun is excessive though.

talk about bullying...assualt shotgun & hit the sledder in head in broad daylight...let alone chase him down,cause his cat was hit or bit crop damage...really

When I retire to my camp there will be a slide action 12 gauge ready for strangers knocking at my door at odd hours. Seen too much home invasion nonsense to take a chance. The first thing they will hear after knocking will be the slide action. The second thing will be me saying "do you want it in the face or in the balls?"

And yes, I believe in registering firearms. Helps the cops.

The entrance the snow machines took onto the property is very very obvious as a farmers road and farm gate. It was clearly intentional trespassing. As for gun, most farmers would have a 22 or shot gun close at hand for varmits like coyotes or porcupines that could do harm to their animals especcially expensive Alpacas. Quite frankly I would of done the same if machines regularily  trespassed. The gun would just not be loaded , but clip in my pocket. No way to prove it but I imagine these guys would of been repeat offenders on his property and pushed him to this point.....................stay on the trails or public land ! Many young people like these yahoos have no respect and it is getting worse.

There has to be more to this story. The farmer never intended on shooting the gun, but he also should have never brought it in the first place.

Who knows how many times he has had to confront snowmobilers about staying off his property and they haven't ignore his demands.

All in all this is just bad publicity for snowmobiling.

Archived