Damn and Double Damn

sledjunk

I started a weeks vacation on Friday with a ride from Pefferlaw to Lagoon City across Simcoe.  Trail 103 to B104 to Norland for another great lunch at the Riverside Diner.  We then continued to Fenelon Falls and then Beaverton.  Took the lake back to Pefferlaw.

It was a great 260 Km ride with some mint trails in the Orillia area.  Thanks ODSC!

While one of the fellows was about to load his sled into a clamshell trailer, I figured I would help by standing on the trailer to hold it down.  He drove up the trailer and it tipped down, throwing me off and onto the pavement.  I landed on my right arm and elbow, but the shock traveled up to my shoulder.  I have limited mobility in my right arm and after a visit to emergency today, it appears that I have a rotator cuff injury.

I am hopeful that I can still ride, but it is a distinct possibility that my season is over!

I will try a short ride tomorrow, but I may be heading back to work on Monday instead of riding for the rest of the week. :-(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get better soon! I hope your season isn't over!

sorry to hear that dave,not a ride goes by without bill & i mentioning you...hope you heal fast & don't push it,we're all counting on you to organize our spring rides,worst case ontario scenario...you ride on back with either bill or me...your choice sj :hyper:

Wishing you a speedy recovey, sledjunk.

Also sorry to hear about your mishap. A member of our club catapulted his wife off the back of their trailer in the same way earlier this year. 

Get immediate treatment, including a chiropractor. 

As for the choice below ....

..you ride on back with either bill or me...your choice sj :hyper:

An adventure on an Adventure. Film at 11.

sorry to hear that dave,not a ride goes by without bill & i mentioning you...hope you heal fast & don't push it,we're all counting on you to organize our spring rides,worst case ontario scenario...you ride on back with either bill or me...your choice sj :hyper:

that could help you forget about the first injury

I appreciate the offer WD, but somehow I think holding on to the power steering bars would be less stress than either of those rides :lmao:

I did get some good drugs at emergency, so I hope I can get some sleep tonight.  Last night, slept sitting up on the couch.  Laying in bed was way too painful.

i could make you some brownies...then you just need a hot tub...

. A member of our club catapulted his wife off the back of their trailer in the same way earlier this year. 

how is 02sled wife....lol...wasn't her right :fishing:

I appreciate the offer WD, but somehow I think holding on to the power steering bars would be less stress than either of those rides :lmao:

I did get some good drugs at emergency, so I hope I can get some sleep tonight.  Last night, slept sitting up on the couch.  Laying in bed was way too painful.

these drugs you have...will they all be gone by our next trip ?

no he has a real trailer 

actually 02 has good info when he bought a trailer from you,pro & cons on different models.as he loads his sleds by himself

Damn is right Dave.  Get well soon so you can get back out and rack up another 10,000 kms on that Vector!

Sledjunk sorry to hear what happen to you.  Get better really soon, hope you feel better really soon.

o boy,is this will bill's wife...you big suck :bowdown:

o boy,is this will bill's wife...you big suck :bowdown:

Keep this up and he won't lend you his sled while he heals.

:-P

LOL

Keep this up and he won't lend you his sled while he heals.

:-P

i'd have all those lites flashing,music blaring & steady on that air horn...telling polaris riders how good on gas it is

Bad news. I'll tell you a joke to cheer you up....

A diminuative fellow from 'back east' decides to go west to seek his fame and fortune. He lands himself a job as a bar tender in a dusty town's saloon. After learning the ins and outs, he gets piece of advice from the saloon's owner who is going on vacation...."If you ever hear anyone yell "Big John's a coming!" , just drop what you're doing, leave everything where it is and find a good place to hide!"

A couple of weeks go by fairly quietly -until one day a panicked dusty sweaty cowboy rides through on a foam covered horse yelling "Big John's a coming!!" The bar tender doesn't get out of the way of the mad rush for the doors and windows that follows and is knocked unconscious falling behind the bar.

Gradually coming back to his senses, the bar tender lifts himself up on his elbow to find that there is a loud terrible thumping in the ground. Looking out the saloon window he can see a large cloud of dust approaching from the horizon. As the dot leading the dust cloud comes closer into view,the bar tender makes out a giant of a man, riding a buffalo at full speed, which he is whipping with a rattle snake.

Still dazed and too dizzy to try to run, the bar tender remains half standing behind the bar as the giant of a man pulls up in front of the saloon. strides through breaking the two swinging entry doors off their hinges, tosses the rattle snake into a corner, spits a half pound of chewing tobacco through a window into the street and says "Whisky".

The bar tender timidly hands him a bottle. The man bites the top off the bottle, downs it in one gulp,and then tosses it into the corner after the rattle snake.

The bar tender manages enough courage to inquire shakily "Would you be wanting another one?"

The giant replies "No. Ain't got no time. Big John's a coming."

Thanks Slomo!  I needed that!

Thanks for the get well wishes, everyone.  I guess I'll head back to work on Monday and save the vacation for another week.  I have a referral for physio so hopefully that will help.

Get well soon Dave that really sucks

Thanks for the get well wishes, everyone.  I guess I'll head back to work on Monday and save the vacation for another week.  I have a referral for physio so hopefully that will help.

Wow, Dave...very sorry to hear about this, which really does suck. Hope the physio does help, and that your season isn't done. 

How's the knee?

Also sorry to hear about your mishap. A member of our club catapulted his wife off the back of their trailer in the same way earlier this year. 

Get immediate treatment, including a chiropractor. 

As for the choice below ....

An adventure on an Adventure. Film at 11.

Hope your OK SJ.

On the bold, you mean his former wife.

Archived