Seriously PO'd

kozubs

Saturday we were headed to Rousseau for lunch on the 350. I was leading and came around a corner and found a sled off the trial standing vertical against a sheard off tree. I stopped and ran down and found a 17 year old girl unconscious laying next to the sled. I thought she was dead but after a minute or so she came too and said she was run off the trail and the guy left. Luckily one of our group was an RN. She stayed with the girl while I organized the paramedics and tried to figure out our location.

She was taken to the hospital but I haven't heard any additional information.

If the guy who ran her off the trail reads this know that you sent a 17 year old to the hospital and I have no idea what her condition was. Kudos for stopping you @#%$$$.

Thankfully there were plenty of other decent people that were willing to help and lend snowmobiles to emergency personnel.

And hats off to the paramedics and firemen who were on the seen within 1/2 and hour.

Wow, glad to hear you found her...I hope she'll end up being fine.

I'm sure her family appreciated it...well done.

Unbeleivable that someone would leave another person in that kind of condition !! She's fortunate other riders came along, and even moreso that it was people who knew what to do. Hats off to your group ... and hopefully this clown get his ...

this crap needs to stop, even in the other thread were the kid came over the hill out of control, i'm wondering if it was the same group. its in the same area.

Sad...some just dont care...one of the reasons I dont frequent the area to must anymore in the winter.

I hope she will be ok!!!

We will not ride that area anymore as well.

Way to many superstars all over the trail.

I have had too many close calls.

Brutal

I bet he had no insurance either, that is why he or she didn't stick around. Sad real sad.

I got hit near Dorset last winter. Kid was doing

100km/hr. Couldn't slow down enough to make the corner. I seen him coming and stopped and went off the trail. Still got hit and Only damage

was a bent trailing arm.

Thanks for stopping. You truly make a difference.

Places like the Parry Sound catchment area have the Snowmobile Response Program. They have strategicly placed toboggans operated by the Fire Dept which can take Paramedics into remote places to render care. This has proven to be an effective program from anything from a crash to someone at a cottage requiring medical care. It is usually funded by private fund raised in the local area. Some of the snowmobile trail maps indicate where these are located. It's a program that should be across the Province but the lack of funding and no endorsement from the largest snowmobile organization in the Province means it is sporadic across the Province of Ont.

RR

The OPP were a little wired though. I took of my gear and covered her to keep her warm as did a few others. She went to the ambulance covered in about 4 jackets. Then when I went to get my helmet and balaclava the cop wont let me because they needed to do an investigation. I was standing around for about 2 hours with no jacket gloves or hat. I couldn't even ride back to the road because they used my sled to block the trail and would have had to ride past the accident to get out. Finally they let us go but it still a while before I could go back to get my helmet.

I know they had an investigation to do but how about helping the living.

I'm kind of hopping that someone here knows the family and can update us on her condition. I asked her uncle to call me but haven't heard back and that worries me.

sorry to hear you had to go through all that...because some SOB....hope she is ok...good work koz

Refreshing to know that there are lots of people like you still out there. Actually most are decent people and do the right thing. Hope she is all right. And people complain about too many police on the trails. With things like this I figure there aren't enough. I don't have anything to hide so don't really mind being checked by police. What's a couple of minutes out of my day if it gets rid of just one more asshat.

are you sure someone sqeezed her off the trail, how fast was she going to create that much damage.

and no i'm not looking to get into a pissing match, i'm just stating another side of the scene.

That’s a completely legitimate question, and one we are all asking ourselves. We didn’t pass anyone coming from the opposite direction but don’t know how long she was lying there. We were more concerned with asking her questions to get her mind off the accident. She was on a brand new Rush 800 and was obviously traveling pretty quick but she could have got cut off and whisky throttled into the tree. I just assume that when someone comes to, the first thing they say is probably pretty honest but who knows. She was turning right and my experience tells me that people like to cut left hand corners which would have left her nowhere to go. However, I have never shot left to avoid an accident with a corner cutting idiot and it happens very often.

Guess we’ll never know.

Well I've just heard that the girl has gone to sick kids with a dislocated right shoulder, collapsed lung and she still can't feel her legs. She does have spinal swelling. Here's hoping its only temporary.

Thats real sad news, I hope she makes it through it all alright.

A Rush 800 and her being 17..........makes me wonder, either way hope she pulls through.

I know from experience most cowboys who cut you off know it and choose never to look back......they dont want to see the mess they created or face the music!!

Thats real sad news, I hope she makes it through it all alright.

A Rush 800 and her being 17..........makes me wonder, either way hope she pulls through.

I know from experience most cowboys who cut you off know it and choose never to look back......they dont want to see the mess they created or face the music!!

X2

Glad you were there to help.

Archived